DuckBricks

Favorite Bionicle Music! (Or least favorite)

Hello Everybody,

Inspired by all the music discussion in the Bionicle 2015 discussion forum, I have decided to make this new thread based on your favorite or least favorite Bionicle Music! This includes music videos, game soundtracks, movie soundtracks, and more! For music vids, my favorite is hands down Creeping in my Soul, but Hero and Gravity Hurts and Crashed come close. All the soundtracks in LOMN and WOS were great. And in Mol the Matoran theme was superb. And who can forget the MNOLG theme... That was great, along with the other music featured in it (esp Bionicle-inspired Ride of the Valkries). Finally, the Bionicle Heroes main theme was also epic and very good as well... What do you think?

I have no idea why anyone likes the Piraka Rap.

I love the piraka, but I like to pretend that never happened...

It's ok though. The piraka redeemed themselves with their music from bionicle heroes. The main title was awesome, and my favorites come from avaks levels, like this one:

And definitely this one:

Bionicle heroes had a lot of other great tracks too.

Bionicle Heroes, yeah. Console and GBA soundtracks were great. I also really enjoy Bionicle: The Game's music especially the main theme.

MNOG was fantastic. Gravity Hurts was good, and most of Cryoshell's music was pretty good.

And of course movie scores. Out of all the movie tracks, the Tesara music from TLR is probably my favorite.

I have no idea why anyone likes the Piraka Rap.

Oh dear... Not that horror. That was probably the only song released that was actually extremely bad...

Bye Bye babyon was really coo, and so was the Bionicle heroes soundtrack.

I sort of view the piraka rap in a "so bad it's good" light. You watch it for a laugh, that's why it's so popular. A ridiculously tame rap about childrens' toys? that was never going to be anything but hilarious.

I've always been a fan of the Power Pack music (Bionicle dubstep!). Of course, MNOG takes the top spot for me; it reminds me of much of Peter Gabriel's later music, and his music always seemed to perfectly blend (as Bionicle was described) "the mystical and the mechanical."

Edited by Mariko

Oh dear... Not that horror. That was probably the only song released that was actually extremely bad...

Don't forget the Krana-yo version

Yo yo, Bohrok-a!

As usual, mine is more on the obscure side

It's more nostalgia than anything, but the music from this game was awesome.

As usual, mine is more on the obscure side

*Matoran Adventures music*

It's more nostalgia than anything, but the music from this game was awesome.

Oh, yes! How could I forget. I still have a fondness for this game, and the music was great too.

The Kuma Nui boss music was probably the best, if you ask me.

So far, 'Creeping in My Soul' is by far my favorite, but on saying that I haven't really heard many BIONICLE musical thingies.

This piece from MNOLG, used during the fight between the Toa Mata and The Makuta:

Portions of this music were also used in the 2004 Vahki animations.

I adore the themes evoked by this piece; the synthesized portions and ominous chanting create quite the contrast, and is reflective of 2001 as a whole: a mishmash of the primitive and highly advanced, with its aura of mystery not coming from one or the other, but from the artful combination of both.

Creeping In My Soul and Gravity Hurts, for sure! They captured the feel of their respective year's themes excellently. I do hope Lego enlists Cryoshell's help for the reboot.

Creeping In My Soul and Gravity Hurts, for sure! They captured the feel of their respective year's themes excellently. I do hope Lego enlists Cryoshell's help for the reboot.

Cryoshell music for Gen 2 Bionicle would be great! The latest song they did was for Breakout, so I can see the Fold or Finley as possible contenders as well...

The Fold is basically "That NINJAGO band" by now, so that's a no. Finley... eh... I'd rather not. I know some people like Chima, but I never really liked their stuff.

Why are people all for lyrics that have a specific relationship to the toy line? I'm tired of hearing "NINJA NINJA NINJA NINJA" in every NINJAGO song... it sounds cheesy to me, and it makes it feel more like product placement than anything else.