Jim

[TC5] Technic C-Model Contest - Information Topic

Just create a new account and enter under a false name. I suggest using 'Ted'. Noone will know it's you, promise.

I will.... :tongue:

Wait, what?!

:devil:

In order for that to work you would have had to have changed my original response....failfish. :roflmao:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Hmm, I expected more sets. 42028, 8069, and 8041 barely miss the cut with 616, 608, and 607 parts, respectively.

I'd like to ask if you would allow me to build alternative model for this contest out of set 8041? It has just 8 parts over limit... I swear I won't use more than 600 parts in my alternative model. :wink:

Don't listen to him,yes you can enter as well,but not using that set since it is over the part limit.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I'd like to ask if you would allow me to build alternative model for this contest out of set 8041? It has just 8 parts over limit... I swear I won't use more than 600 parts in my alternative model. :wink:

Nope, that's not allowed. Bricklink, Brickset and Rebrickable all show more than 600 parts.

You're doing that on purpose to annoy me, aren't you :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Um..., if NK is considered to be disqualified, Tomik should be pretty damn disqualified too :laugh:

Edited by Lipko

well that's me out of the competition - I do not have any sets post 2005 with 600 pieces

granted I have a few sub 200 pieces but I feel to make a worthy model it would have to be close to the 600 pieces - which I cannot do with my current collection (2 of my post 2005 will only add up to < 400 pieces)

(i mainly only have large flagships models post 2005, and a few small ones the kids have)

I can only hope that I happen to have the parts from a '600-piece-post-2005' set - time to look to rebrickable and then if I come up with something buy the correct colour pieces to be able to enter...

...which I am afraid is way too much trouble at the moment - good luck to all.

Edited by Rockbrick

For me, a decent C-model has nothing to do with size. Having more parts, means having more options, but that doesn't mean you will do better in the contest.

Why not have fun with the two sets you do have?

I think the hard part of the competition is to get an idea what to build as a C-model. I have a set in mind that I happen to own, but I haven't yet come up with a good idea of what to build from it using a reasonable fraction of the parts. So I might take another set.

Just as a side note, you don't even have to own all parts of an official set. I just looked at rebrickable (set to exact color, 600 parts, official sets only)

and most of the time i got 95%... you won't use 100% of each set anyway, or?

I haven't built a MOC yet (yeah, just sometimes built a B model and back :laugh: ), but this kind of contest seems doable :grin: .

Yep, that's a smart way to check what eligible sets you can (almost) build. For the Rebrickable newbies, use this link.

Turns out I have over 90% for 42 out of 47 sets :laugh: Hmm, maybe I should join.

Edited by jantjeuh

Ok ... idea worked out, parts sorted out and ready. Let's see if I can build what I imagined :laugh:

I picked up a pair of sets today, thinking I could use one or the other for this, but dangit if that bulldozer isn't 617 pieces for $49.99. That's a pretty impressive PPP.

I've got a couple ideas for what I'm going to do with this...

For me, a decent C-model has nothing to do with size. Having more parts, means having more options, but that doesn't mean you will do better in the contest.

Why not have fun with the two sets you do have?

indeed the taking part is most of the fun so I might just make do with what i have anyway - sorry I was feeling a bit negative yesterday...

Edited by Rockbrick

indeed the taking part is most of the fun so I might just make do with what i have anyway - sorry I was feeling a bit negative yesterday...

No problem. We all have our moments :sweet:

No problem. We all have our moments :sweet:

Well you still have a while before you get worse than Jim me. :snicker:

@Alasdair: You can't use the same set twice mate :wink:

http://www.eurobrick...8

Dam should of read the rules first. :wacko:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Jim,

I finally registered because this competition piqued my interest. I think it will be challenging. Well done in thinking it up. I just had a terminology question. On the entry topic you say feel free to reserve a post. What does this mean?

Thanks.

Rusty

Hi Rusty,

Welcome to EB. Great that you joined.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted it like that. Normally I create the entry topic later on and in the first post I describe what's needed. Since most of us here more or less know what's expected, I alread created the empty entry topic.

So there's no need to "reserve" a post. That's confusing, my bad.

I will lock the topic and unlock it when I have a full description in the first post.

When you are ready with your creation you can create a full post in the entry topic (which can be edited until the contest has been closed).

Looking forward to your entry :classic:

Looking forward to seeing what we get out of this. I rather enjoyed the mini contest earlier this year and the limits on what you can use encourage a certain creativity. Think I'll have a bash at it myself actually :classic: