Sign in to follow this  
def

mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day Four - Times Fly

15556865002_71a2a3b199_o.png

The crowd surrounds Lord Duvors. "Duvors, it's time for you! It's curtains!"

15369890478_313f4ea480_o.png

Duvors sort of responds. "What? No, I'm going to vote. I'm going to vote too. Yup. I'm gonna." But he doesn't. All he does is vibrate wildly, and not only his head, but the entirety of him explodes.

15532316096_1d7696dc83_o.png

He leaves stains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night falls, and poor old Mencot is loning about, wondering how he is going to lead the town. "Me, I'm the one whose going to save this place, am I not?

15370389730_5c43011914_o.png

"Lo, I am lost! What shall I do from now?" He hears a soft shuffle behind him, and turns to see a familiar face behind him.

14935264304_51eb819589_o.png

"Why William Shakespeare? The Immortal Bard himself, here to give me wisdom in my moment of crisis? Huzzah, oh, magical day!"

Shakespeare doesn't hesitate to set him straight.

15370389400_80507836a6_o.png

"No, he's been dead for hundreds of years. This is a costume."

14935264174_f751db5b10_o.png

BOOM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, Lind Whisperer comes across Mencot's battered body. "NOOOOOO! LIND WHISPERER MAKE FRIEND, FRIEND DIES!!"

15370014017_bf71160413_o.png

Before he can bawl his eyes out, he is approached. "Lind Whisperer, it ends here!"

15369889778_00e5840bc0_o.png

"Puny man, nothing can stop Lind Whisperer!"

The man in the can sets him straight. "No, you're just in a costume."

15556031705_0ea4f0c833_o.png

And that is the end of Lind Whisperer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15443254372_3fe016225a_o.png

"Good morning my pets! I have some good news and some bad news. First, the good news. Duvors was Scum! You lynched wisely! The bad news? Both Mencot and Lind Whisperer were Town. They are gone."

Dr. Def pauses.

"Alright, it's time for day four. To start the day, I have a little homework for you, something for your so-called 'mafia school.' The question? What is the ideal ratio balance between the town and scum? The person who answers that in thread gets a cookie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day three has begun. Voting starts in 24 hours.

Non-Player Characters

15233214767_02391c6d48_o.png Doctor Def

Players

15396635686_e906b196ce_o.png Stickfig (Stickfig) - Cosplays Cyclops

15233137127_bd4c68324e_o.png Captain Settle (Captain Settle) - Cosplays dusty movie Batman

15233003380_8a919fce81_o.png Kintober (Kintober) - Cosplays Marge Simpson

15233092678_e83f24f9aa_o.png Pyrovisionary (Pyrovisionary) - Cosplays Rocket Raccoon

15419683415_bc3bb0f2b2_o.png jluckhaupt (jluckhaupt) - Cosplays comic Batman

15232930519_53dd68c9fa_o.pngTheLazyChicken (TheLazyChicken) - Cosplays Joker

15232930479_afd9fc000b_o.png Adventurer1 (Adventurer1) - Cosplays Luke Skywalker

15233003330_f8531971ce_o.png Xenophobic Monoxide (Xenophobic Monoxide) - Cosplays prequels Obi-Wan

15233093028_1306527280_o.png Cutcobra (Cutcobra) - Cosplays Arctic Batman

15233137017_a182d2d4fa_o.png Brickelodeon (Brickelodeon) - Cosplays gender-swapped Ghostbuster, Penny Venkman

15233136777_c66e391f77_o.png Goliath (Goliath) - Cosplays Spider-Man

The dead

15298417950_244d1430e2_o.png Jamesn- didn't manage a day one defense - Town

15298417940_44d8f3dbfd_o.png Mostlytechnic - Shocked to death, night one - Town

15524783942_a9071b3f5b_o.png Stinky Dave - Too scurvy to live past day two - Town

15524783772_df6f70790a_o.png Scaevola - snuffed out night two - Town

15338427390_f8dec90412_o.png Richela - went out for a smoke, went out smoking on night two - Scum

14935851433_fb7aa2195d_o.png Lord Duvors - cornered by the town and lynched day three - Scum

15370388860_1eb550f1bf_o.png Mencot - blasted to the past on night three - Town

15370388910_a9960e3ab1_o.png Lind Whisperer - given a taste of MK 42 on night three - Town

Rules (These are 95% the same as the EB standard; deviations from the normal EB rules are struck-through)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 24 hours (or 48 hours if an emergency comes up). Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the host via PM. That includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty vote penalty per every 4 living players against you, and death on your second offense.

3 town for every 1 scum, correct? Or is it 4?

And dear lord... Both Mencot and Lind Whisperer were town. And they were high on my suspicions list.

It's good that we got Duvors, but he was obvious. I believe there should only be one or two scum left, however.

3 town for every 1 scum, correct? Or is it 4?

I'm not looking for a multiple choice answer.

My guess is 3 scum left. It seems like a large game such as this would have about 5 mafia.

That is not a ratio.

So, judging by low post count and jumping late to the bandwagons, I'd say adventurer1 and LazyChicken seem a little scummy to me. And lazy chicken because he only got active when people started accusing him.

I had a feeling Mencot might be town, but I thought Lind would be scum.

So, should we start looking through posts for who defended Duvors, and who was against Lind and Mencot?

So, judging by low post count and jumping late to the bandwagons, I'd say adventurer1 and LazyChicken seem a little scummy to me. And lazy chicken because he only got active when people started accusing him.

Careful what you judge by. Those are just two factors to look at. Also look at voting trends, final vote, number of times switching vote, and helpfulness to town. Also unwillingness to answer questions is something to consider.

One scum down, great....losing two townies is very bad. Also we may want to look at how many scum based on the ratio above, if we have more than four that's really bad for town. I trusted Mencot was town, but I was suspicious of Lind Whisperer due to his playing style. Both were town.

I've already explained my lower daily post count. If I have something useful I will share it and post.

Duvors clearly was the person the town wanted lynched yesterday, and looking through who voted for him should help. The scum probably knew he was going to die and voted for him as well during that huge and rather spontaneous bandwagon. Good job town!

However, I'm surprised Mencot was actually town. At least we know for a fact the miller claim was real, which'll help later.

Ok, game's on. First of all, do we know who killed who? If dr def posted results in the same manner as yesterday, then mencot was killed by scum, and Lind whisper was killed by the vig, I tend to think that is the case but it's not a certainty. Secondly, while you all chose to squabble over believing mencot's miller claim, I chose to act on my belief and started up a several day long conversation with him (p.s. I know 1 or 2 others did as well, but I will let you reveal your talks if you choose to). So here is mencot's list, sent to me yesterday before the lynch:

This is what I feel about the players here, not so much to go on:Jluck Town readLord Duvors- Can be town now that Dave turned up but also a bit bland feelin of himAdventure1- neutral but still beware of her because of her PM me day 2 morning saying she is vanilla town and trying to trust my miller claim (I feel she could be hunting info, if there were any important stuff I haven´t given her any of it.Kintober- Bland to slight townPyrovisionary-neutral to townLazy chicken-town bland, fluffyGoliath- Bland odd ballCaptain settle- don´t know, fluff and bandvagon jumper atleast.Brickilodean-Bland to slight scum Lind whisperer- Odd ball, could be scumStickfig-slight, medium scum still no clueXenophobic-slight scumCutcobra-slight scumI think we need to do some major breakthrough today, so that town stays on top of things. I will be very hard to est. a town block, the vig will most likely not contact anyone because he/she can´t really trust anyone. Doctor is dead. The watcher is probably dead, I think Dave could had been the watcher.Everything is pretty much built on hunches now.

I don't know what we can take from it, but it's important information to say the least. I've got more questions in mind but I'm going to follow this lead first.

Now that you mention it, that does seem a bit odd to me as well.

I had a feeling Mencot might be town, but I thought Lind would be scum.

So, should we start looking through posts for who defended Duvors, and who was against Lind and Mencot?

I can second that, about looking for defenders of Lord Duvors and people against Lind Whisperer and Mencot.

Where is Pyrovisionary? He was incredibly active in the confirmation thread, then he stopped posting.

Note: I am not pointing any fingers, I am just wondering.

Well, what else was I supposed to do, you started accusing me of not being so helpful to town, so I started trying to be helpful by looking at some posts from Lord Duvors.

Lots to think about everyone; here's the voting patterns.

Day 1 (Thanks to Stinky Dave)

StickFig votes Richila (1)

Mencot Votes Goliath (1)

Kintobor votes Goliath (2)

Xenophobic Monoxide votes Goliath (3)

Lind Whisperer votes Goliath (4)

Cutcobra votes jamesn (1)

jamesn votes Lord Duvors (1)

Brickelodeon votes Goliath (5)

Captain Settle votes Goliath (6)

mostlytechnic votes Stinky Dave (1)

Goliath votes jamesn (2)

Lord Duvors votes Goliath (7)

jluck votes Goliath (8)

Lord Duvors unvotes Goliath (7)

Mencot unvotes Goliath (6)

Stinky Dave votes Lord Duvors (2)

Mencot votes Lord Duvors (3)

Xenophobic Monoxide unvotes Goliath (5) votes jamesn (3)

Captain Settle unvotes Goliath (4) votes Lord Duvors (4)

Richila votes jamesn (4)

Lord Duvors votes jamesn (5)

jluck unvotes Goliath (3) votes Lord Duvors (5)

adventurer1 votes Lord Duvors (6)

Kintobor unvotes Goliath (2) votes Lord Duvors (7)

Brickelodeon unvotes Goliath (1) votes jamesn (6)

Pyrovisionary votes Lord Duvors (8)

Pyrovisionary unvotes Lord Duvors (7)

Lord Duvors unvotes jamesn (5)

Scaevola votes Lord Duvors (8)

TheLazyChicken votes jamesn (6)

StickFig votes Captain Settle (1)

mostlytechnic unvotes Stinky Dave (0) votes Captain Settle (2)

Lord Duvors votes jamesn (7)

Stinky Dave unvotes Lord Duvors (7) votes jamesn (8)

Lind Whisperer unvotes Goliath (0)

mostlytechnic unvotes Captain Settle (1) votes James (9)

Lind Whisperer votes Captain Settle (2)

Scaevola unvotes Lord Duvors (6) votes jamesn (10) *****

StickFig unvotes Captain Settle (1) votes jamesn (11)

Lind Whisperer unvotes Captain Settle (0) votes jamesn (12)

jamesn unvotes Lord Duvors (5) votes Lind Whisperer (1)

Day Two

Mencot votes Stinky Dave (1)

Brickelodeon votes Cutcobra (1)

StickFig votes Captain Settle (1)

Captain Settle votes Stinky Dave (2)

Pyrovisionary votes Captain Settle (2)

Kintobor votes Captain Settle (3)

Lord Duvors votes Captain Settle (4)

Cutcobra votes Stinky Dave (3)

jluck votes StickFig (1)

Stinky Dave votes StickFig (2)

Scaevola votes Lord Duvors (1)

Adventurer1 votes Stinky Dave (4)

Kintobor unvotes Captain Settle (3) votes Stinky Dave (5)

Brickelodeon unvotes Cutcobra (0)

jluck unvotes Stickfig (1) votes Stinky Dave (6)

Stinky Dave unvotes StickFig (0) votes Mencot (1)

Xenophobic Monoxide votes Stinky Dave (7)

Brickelodeon votes Stinky Dave (8)

Scaevola unvotes Lord Duvors (0) votes Stinky Dave (9) *****

TheLazyChicken votes Stinky Dave (10)

Goliath votes Stinky Dave (11)

Richila votes Stinky Dave (12)

Lind Whisperer votes Stinky Dave (13)

Day Three

Cutcobra votes TheLazyChicken (1)

Kintobor votes Lord Duvors (1)

jluck votes Lord Duvors (2)

TheLazyChicken votes Lord Duvors (3)

Goliath votes Lord Duvors (4)

Brickelodeon votes Lord Duvors (5)

adventurer1 votes Lord Duvors (6)

Xenophobic Monoxide votes Lord Duvors (7)

Lind Whisperer votes Lord Duvors (8) *****

StickFig votes Lord Duvors (9)

Mencot votes Lord Duvors (10)

Captain Settle votes Lord Duvors (11)

Pyrovisionary votes Lord Duvors (12)

Wow, kinda quiet in here.

Thanks Stickfig for posting the voting patterns for us. I'm sure there's some trends we should look at.

I'm concerned about a couple of things. First, if we look at the above ratio of town to scum we may very we'll have three scum left instead of just two. And secondly, there is probably a scum godfather out there in amount the townies.

Cutcobra, you voted for TheLazyChicken yesterday when everyone else was voting for Lord Duvors. May I ask why you kept your vote on him and never changed it?

Cutcobra, you voted for TheLazyChicken yesterday when everyone else was voting for Lord Duvors. May I ask why you kept your vote on him and never changed it?

Because I thought TheLazyChicken seemed scummier than him and because I also thought that if Pirate Dave was town then there is a chance he was town (clearly, I was wrong).

Well, what else was I supposed to do, you started accusing me of not being so helpful to town, so I started trying to be helpful by looking at some posts from Lord Duvors.

So where you not being helpful before on purpose or what?

I was trying to be helpful to town, I didn't know if I was helping enough, until you pointed me out. After you pointed me out, I said my opinion on Lord Duvors.

Because I thought TheLazyChicken seemed scummier than him and because I also thought that if Pirate Dave was town then there is a chance he was town (clearly, I was wrong).

With so few strong candidates for a lynch, early accusations stick a lot more than on days 1 and 2. Therefore, I want to get out in front of this. I think lazychicken is clean. He definitely looked scummy yesterday and was very high on my lynch list, but then he turned it around. Yesterday, in posts 66, 68, and 72 he single handedly created the case against Duvors that resulted in a lynch. This was before Duvors was the main suspect, so if Lazy is scum, he practically threw his teammate to the dogs without need. It's much more likely that he saw that people were looking at him and started to play seriously.

Now I am going out on a huge limb here because if he turns up scum, I've all but sealed my fate but we're too far into the game with too many enemies still alive for me to stand by and watch a townie get hung just so I can survive to the end (and lose since no one is communicating). We have 3 days of voting history, night kills, and possibly investigations to go through, we should be able to build something with substance, not just make accusations.

Here are some of Mencot's posts from Day Three that I think are relevant to why he was killed. He posted some other things and defended his miller claim, but these are the posts where he points fingers.

These were the 3 people who voted first for Stinky Dave:

...SNIP...

Then the argument started and I don´t think Dave handled it really good, because I said at some occasions to him that is he town but he didn´t seem to wanna hear me out.

And the reason to that seems to be the thing that he was convinced that i had visited him at night, so someone lied to him.

The proof of the thing is if someone would had visited Dave and it would had been a scum, then Dave would had been dead at night because Jamesn was the doctor and he was lynched so no one was protecting.

So the person lying in Pm to Dave is probably (I don´t think it was richila) still be among us and he/she is dangerous.

I agree on that one shouldn´t shoot in every direction, "too many theories" that will just confuse everyone.

About the low post count, it is something on or two scum sports with, so looking into them is good, altough we got one of the quiet scum so the others are probably more vocal than that, helping out. Trying to sneak into the pro town block.

There is always time to change (27 hrs left) but you have not been very helpful to town. For starters, you were in contact with stinkydave, do you have any explanations on to the stuff Dave was talking about yesterday?

Who doesn´t dislike Brickolodeon, raises a hand?

Sorry about not posting much, it was my birthday yesterday, so we went out for a meal. As for my vote...

Vote: Lord Duvors (Lord Duvors)

No posts in a day is shocking, I at least managed a post. The fact that he isn't responding to the votes is also odd.

Great but that doesn´t explain why you have been away and not posted anything of value almost the entire game!

I would look more carefuly on Lind whisperer, Xenophobic and brickilodean.

But have to think about it some more, the 3 of them have been in my view some what almost all these 3 days, so I will go from there.

But the fact what Lord D. turns up to be can change some point of view.

Then we have to go through who he suspected, who he defended, what he said (and that is not much)

Have we given up completely on Captain Settle? Was there some evidence that disproved him being scum?

At the least he's a bandwagon-jumper; at the worst, scum.

It's a pinch early, but voting is open. There are about 48 hours to vote. Six votes are needed to convict.

I will most likely vote for Captain Settle. I looked at all of the voting records, and all he literally did was roll along with the band wagon. Plus, he never talks that much, and didn't give any unique reasons to lynch any of these people. He contributes practically nothing to the investigations, and he usually escapes getting lynched by saying nothing, and just letting someone else take the rap. Since there might be 3 scum left, it is most likely that there is a really quiet one who is still alive.

Vote: Captain Settle(Captain Settle)