Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #116: The Tale of Two Faces

The night was wearing on as five storytellers continued deep in conversation, pausing here and there to refresh themselves with the meager supply of the bar. The second member of the Midnight Society, a man draped in white robes, had just finished his story.

15128536980_9a452c4102_t.jpg

"Quite the tale of woe you had there dear Isaac, but it seemed to be missing that final twist of the dagger. My tale is one of tragedy, it pulls you in close with whispers of familiarity and kindness then stabs you in the back with sheer suffering and misfortune. Shall I tell it?"

d7fpJOk.png

"Bah, there must've still been salt water in your ears, my dearest Galuchat! Still, though, who am I to refuse hearing a tale by one of my favorite storytellers?"

15314607412_f750acc5fe_t.jpg

"Tell away, Carlotta," Mallora replies, her misty voice ringing through the silence left after Isaac's tale. "Always have I been partial to a Madame Galuchat story."

15316598652_28afe8fde5_t.jpg

"Twisting daggers, stabbing backs - now that's the kind of story I'd like to hear."

15294972691_d267110d9f_t.jpg

"To say I have a favorite, like Isaac and our newest member claim, would discredit other storytellers I do adore... although I must admit I am quite intrigued to learn about what you have in store for us?" Lucas replies, lighting some more scented tobacco into his pipe.

15128536980_9a452c4102_t.jpg

"Very well then, I picked this tale up not 2 weeks ago down at the baths. I frequent there often you know, good for my skin. Let me tell you never have I heard of deeds more noble and yet so tragic, so pure and yet so horrific. Feast your ears upon this my beloved Midnight Society dearies, I give you The Tale of the Two Faces."

------------------------------ Two Weeks Prior ---------------------------------

15528898932_031439cd60_o.jpg

Evening began to wear on as three heroes of Heroica Hall were approached by a gentlemen wearing the uniform of the Town Watch, they were:

8664722617_bb6be3521f_t.jpg

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Necromancer

Level 42 1/5 *Gain Triple Experience* *Absorbs Earth* *Immune to Petrified and Darkness*

Power Bonus: 5 for Spells

Defense: 7

Health: 53/53

Ether: 57/57

Gold: 1230

Equipment: Scepter of Divine Affinity (WP:16, Has ⅙ chance to deal Cursed effect on successful spells and ⅙ chance to deal Blessed effect on successful healing, Staff), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower, Handwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4, backwear), Medal of Glory (Wearer earns triple experience, accessory), Robe of the Seneschal (SP:5; wearer absorbs earth-elemental damage and is immune to petrified and darkness elemental damage; suitable to clerics, mages, chi monks, necromancers and scholars; bodywear)

Inventory:

Artifacts: Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4, bodywear), The Rat Queen's Cape (Backwear, all Vermin type are Enamored with the wearer for the first three rounds of combat, Suitable for Alchemists, Beast Warriors, Chi Monks, and Witches)

Spell Items: Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood)

Consumables: 4 Potions, 8 Tonics, 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 7 Remedies, 2 Elixirs, Phoenix Incense, 8x Mead, 5x Nostrum, Garnet Lamp of Summoning, 2 Grating Stones, Skeleton Decoy, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.)

Tools & Treasure: Bedroll, Pickaxe, 2 Bones

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpg

Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms

Beast Warrior

Level 45.8 *Natural Respite* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water**Overkill Gloves*

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 12

Health: 71/71

Gold: 1133

Equipment: Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:24; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Wonky Shoes (SP: 3; Footwear, suitable for all classes)

Inventory:

Weapons - Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17; earth-, wood-,water-, lightning-, light- elemental), Ornamental Throwing Knife (WP: 6, has a 1/3 chance of causing target to be Confused; ranged; retrievable throwing weapon; suitable for rangers, rogues, beast warriors, infiltrators, scholars and winged warriors.)

Artifacts - Tricorne (SP:3, headwear), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect), , Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect),

Consumables - Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (4), Phoenix Essence (6), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (6), Smelling Salts (6), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Chaotic Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone (6)

Tools - Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, The Krakenwhacker and Titan Smiter (UsernameMDM)

Mystic Knight

Level 34 *Immune Fragile, Weakened, Confused, Sealed, Dark* *Gains Triple Experience*

Power Bonus: 4 (+4 WP)

Defense: 29

Ether: 34/34

Gold: 1163

Equipment: Flagpole (WP:10, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, lance), Steel Buckler (SP: 21), Samurai Helmet (WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors), Pugilist Gloves (+2 to power, immune Weakened), Heavy Armor (SP:5, immune Fragile), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles),

Inventory:

Weapons: Vintul (WP: 16; greatsword), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear), Wasabi Blade (WP: 4, Fire-elemental longsword)

Artifacts: Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Sharkskin Gloves (Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks)

Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel

Gems: Opal (Ice), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Amethyst (Darkness), Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet (Earth)

Scrolls: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

•Consumables: 4x Potions, 4x Grand Potions, 2x Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essences, Tonic, 2x Grand Tonics, 4x Ether Core, 2x Elixir, Neutralizer, 6x Mead, 2x Nostrums, 3x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy, Ambrosiam, Dirt Bomb, 2x Smoke Bomb, Pumpkin Bomb, 2x Venom, Deadly Venom, Grating Stone, Zoot's Plaything (Special 3/4 Edition), Level Up Mushroom

15367235007_d14aaf55d1_t.jpg

"Gentlemen, I'm so glad you were all willing to help us out with this. Things haven't been the same since the Academy incident, you wouldn't imagine the publicity that thing got. Now I'm up to my ears in missing dogs, lost persons, broken pottery, and cheating husbands, not to mention all my regular work with the Watch! Plus without an assistant now, I'm simply swamped. Now that we've got this thing terrorizing the streets of Eubric, I'm nearly at my wits end. Tell me, which of you chaps is in charge of your little posse?"

QM Note: Welcome all, glad we can finally kick this thing off. As always once everybody confirms their inventories we'll shove off in regular fashion. Just a reminder, if you want to interact with anything or try something, don't forget to bold it. :classic:

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Stats look good. Thanks for having me! :classic:

Althior looks to the man speaking to them. Even this single officer from the watch seemed to be as incompetent as the rest. Why did he agree to embark on this mission again? At least it had nothing to do with sucking up to the houses in power this time. He turns to face his companions "Benji Carvenhall, it's been a while. It's a wonder the watch took us back after our last 'adventure' we share together. Haven't seen you in a while either, Hoke. It's been, what, three years since the journey into the cave? I see you're still carrying around the same sword with you, though."

He then turned back to the Detective. "Hoples is it? I was under the impression that you were to select who would lead us," He stated to the fidgety watchman. He turned back to the rest of his party. "I don't care who's party leader, personally. If either of you feel obligated to leave, I would have no problems with it." He then looked back to his employer. "So tell me, Detective Hoples, what exactly do you know of what we're hunting down? From what you posted in the hall it sounded like it was some sort of raging monster. Someone should have some knowledge of it at this point,"

Stats look good :sweet:

Benji gives Althior a hardy pat on the back and grins with his pointy teeth.

"Ey there, haven't quested for a long time with you, mate! How has life been for ya! Yea, its a bit odd that us two would've been chosen to help the Town Watch, and honestly Im not sure why I signed up, but this monster sounds like somethiny important we gotta take care of eh!"

Benji turns to the detective and puts a friendly paw on his shoulder.

"Ey mate, the name's Carvenhall. Benji Carvenhall. All I want to know, is what evidence do we have of such monster, and where does he usually strike. I've got an understanding of monsters, ya know, me being one myself."

For effect he grins with his horrifying pointed teeth.

SP should be 29 - 3 Flagpole, 21 Steel Buckler, 5 Heavy Armor

Just to make sure, I have a base power bonus of 4, plus +4 to WP

Ether should be 34 if ether = level

Health should be 53 - (+10 Knight, +7 Mystic Knight, +34 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks)

Changed my gold on stats page. Did it in the Marketplace thread, but forgot to change stats page. Thanks for the catch.

"Indeed Alithor. You seem to have held up well. Mr. Carvenhall," Hoke says as he shakes the fellow quester's hands.

Edited by UsernameMDM

He then turned back to the Detective. "Hoples is it? I was under the impression that you were to select who would lead us," He stated to the fidgety watchman. He turned back to the rest of his party. "I don't care who's party leader, personally. If either of you feel obligated to leave, I would have no problems with it."

"Yes Hoples, Detective Warlock Hoples. You're all highly experienced gentlemen, I figured you could figure it out between yourselves, who'd be in charge."

He then looked back to his employer. "So tell me, Detective Hoples, what exactly do you know of what we're hunting down? From what you posted in the hall it sounded like it was some sort of raging monster. Someone should have some knowledge of it at this point,"

"Ey mate, the name's Carvenhall. Benji Carvenhall. All I want to know, is what evidence do we have of such monster, and where does he usually strike. I've got an understanding of monsters, ya know, me being one myself."

The Detective shivers a little at Benji's toothy grin, but quickly composes himself.

"Yes, I can't say the higher-ups were too fond of my choices, considering your past service to the watch, but I tend to be a little more understanding. Can't let one fact spoil an entire observation about your organization, now can we? Now on to the case at hand. As I explained in the posting, during the past two weeks, there has been an increasing number of nightly incidents being reported to the Watch, usually we wouldn't think much of it. The Wolfgang has been pretty low key lately, which means the rival gangs, the Metasimians and the Bloodpaw, have been causing a few more scuffles trying to win back some lost territory. And by scuffles, I mean the usual, muggings, theft, a few offings, etc. We had one particular interesting case where a Bloodpaw..."

The Detective paused.

"Oh right, the monster. Well the thing about this crime surge seems to be that they only happen between one and two bells on the midnight watch. And nearly every case seems to involve either a large beast or something, nay I say it inhuman. Of course by inhuman I mean all other humanoid races, elves, dwarves, orcs, etc. Though there was this one time where we had a suspect, living tree, hard to tell if we'd categorize him as..."

"Anyways, whatever it is, the thing moves fast. Most of the witness were either too drunk, or too frightened out of their wits to remember much, I've got a list of witnesses you can look over if you want, not too many savory characters mind you walking the streets between one and two bells though. Mostly destruction of property so far, a few cases of assault, and we've had a few mongrels literally ripped in half in the streets. Word's starting to get out though, public's starting to get worried, the captain even put more guards on the midnight shift. And we've been staking out some of the previous spots just in case the thing has some sort of pattern."

The night is starting to come on as Detective Hoples leads the group toward the Town Watch Barracks.

"Let's see the list of witnesses if you please."

Hoke follows the detective to the Town Watch Barracks. As he walks he looks around for anything that looks out of the ordinary: maybe a set of overly watchful eyes or someone who looks out of place in this part of Eubric.

"Yes Hoples, Detective Warlock Hoples. You're all highly experienced gentlemen, I figured you could figure it out between yourselves, who'd be in charge."

"I will volunteer for lead of this expedition."

"I'd be interested in a complete list of all locations that the attacks have taken place. We need to find the lair of this villain. I'd guess that this either a werebeast, transforming at night, or a monster lurking in the shadows of the sewers, waiting to strike when the night comes. And don't worry, I don't rip apart people without good reason." He adds with a sarcastic smirk. "I have no problem if the least experienced member of our group will lead the expediton, he has the least negative credibility as well, I'm sure."

"I have no problem if the least experienced member of our group will lead the expedition, he has the least negative credibility as well, I'm sure."

Hoke shoots Benji a wink.

"I appreciate your vote of confidence Carvenhall."

"Here you both are."

Incidents:

Sem's Sensible Investments - Accosting of one proprietor Master Swifthorn

Observatory - Exterior Damage to property

The Lotus - Assault of a Miss Eliza Pennypinch

Marketplace (Phyzle's Meats and Treats) - Destruction of property and sales-goods

Eubric Theater - Assault of actor Barlin Mando

"Now, as you'll see..."

Hoples is interrupted as a U'Kin Town Watch guard comes running up to the group.

15367617400_29082d35b0_t.jpg

"Detective Hoples! There's been a disturbance near the Hanging Gardens which is where something disturbing has happened. Something just broke through one of the outer walls near the zoological park that now has an outer wall that has been broken."

"Just our luck, I haven't even had a supper break yet. It's a bit early for our boogie man, but there isn't a lot that could break through those park walls. You coming heroes?"

Althior follows. "Do we have any 'witnesses' at the Observatory or Marketplace?"

I'm a bit swamped this weekend, so if I can't seem to post for something important, UsernameMDM can control Althior's actions. I should be fine from Sunday on.

"Lets get a move on, mate."

Benji grinned at the U'kin. Finally, some heart-thumping excitement. This was going to interesting.

Althior follows. "Do we have any 'witnesses' at the Observatory or Marketplace?"

"No witnesses I'm afraid. Something nearly took out the front colonnade, astronomers found it the next morning, kind of hard to miss."

The heroes accompanied the watch members to the eastern side of the Hanging Gardens, as they drew near they could hear a good deal of shouting and screaming and soon came across a stampede of terrified beasts streaming out of a large breach in an outer wall of the gardens. Several citizens of Eubric were in danger of being trampled and the heroes spotted more creatures beyond the gaping hole that were making ready their frightened escape.

15554089072_c482c016a3_z.jpg

"That's a big disturbance, private!"

Prepare for Battle!

The Enemies:

15367234877_19a3a082b8_t.jpg

Unnerved Unicorn *Pierces SP* *Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Type: Beast/Dark

Level: 40

Health: 300/300

Special I: Healing Horn – Restores 100 health to self. Used only at reduced health.

Special II: Stampede – Causes 40 damage to all opponents. Used only at full health

Drops: Unicorn Horn (Can be sold at magic shops for 250 Gold)

heroicafog-monster-hippogriff.jpg

Horror-stricken Hippogriff *Ignores Row**Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Type: Flying

Level: 50

Health: 285/285

Special: Sky Bomb – The Hippogriff grabs it's opponent and flies to the sky for the remainder of the round, avoiding all damage and removing the target from the battle, the hippogriff drops the target for Damage equal to the Target's SP*2.

Drops: Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; Footwear)

heroicafog-monster-aepyornis.jpg

Agitated Aepyornis *Hastened* *Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Type: Flying?

Level: 25

Health: 282/282

Special: Road Runner – Causes slowed-effect to the target for the remainder of the battle.

Drops: Smelling Salts

15529540776_1b1f4043fd_t.jpg

Startled Slip Dog *Does AoE Damage**Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Type: Beast/Etherial

Health: 125/125

Special: Pack Assembly - The slip dog, disappears from time and space for the rest of the round and returns the next round with another Slip Dog.

Passive Special: Cowardly - The Slip Dog will use it's Special in place of Free Hits.

Drops: Bone

heroicafog-monster-greenviper.jpg

Alarmed Asp *Deals Poisoned 15**Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Type: Vermin

Level: 30

Health: 200/200

Special: Major Toxin – Causes poisoned 30 and Weakened for the remainder of the battle

Drops: Venom 15

red_snake.jpg

Panicked Python *Deals Bleeding 15**Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Special: Major Hemorrhage - Causes Bleeding 30 and Fragile for the remainder of the battle

Drops: Nothing

The Heroes:

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Necromancer

Level 42 1/5 *Gain Triple Experience* *Absorbs Earth* *Immune to Petrified and Darkness*

Defense: 7 10

Equipment: Scepter of Divine Affinity (WP:16, Has ⅙ chance to deal Cursed effect on successful spells and ⅙ chance to deal Blessed effect on successful healing, Staff), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower, Handwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4, backwear), Medal of Glory (Wearer earns triple experience, accessory), Robe of the Seneschal (SP:5; wearer absorbs earth-elemental damage and is immune to petrified and darkness elemental damage; suitable to clerics, mages, chi monks, necromancers and scholars; bodywear)

Inventory:

Artifacts: Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4, bodywear), The Rat Queen's Cape (Backwear, all Vermin type are Enamored with the wearer for the first three rounds of combat, Suitable for Alchemists, Beast Warriors, Chi Monks, and Witches)

Spell Items: Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood)

Consumables: 4 Potions, 8 Tonics, 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 7 Remedies, 2 Elixirs, Phoenix Incense, 8x Mead, 5x Nostrum, Garnet Lamp of Summoning, 2 Grating Stones, Skeleton Decoy, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.)

Beast Warrior

Level 45.8 *Natural Respite* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water**Overkill Gloves*

Defense: 12 15

Gold: 1133

Equipment: Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:24; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Wonky Shoes (SP: 3; Footwear, suitable for all classes)

Inventory:

Weapons - Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17; earth-, wood-,water-, lightning-, light- elemental), Ornamental Throwing Knife (WP: 6, has a 1/3 chance of causing target to be Confused; ranged; retrievable throwing weapon; suitable for rangers, rogues, beast warriors, infiltrators, scholars and winged warriors.)

Artifacts - Tricorne (SP:3, headwear), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect), , Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect),

Consumables - Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (4), Phoenix Essence (6), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (6), Smelling Salts (6), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Chaotic Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone (6)

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, The Krakenwhacker and Titan Smiter (UsernameMDM)

Mystic Knight

Level 34 *Party Leader**Immune Fragile, Weakened, Confused, Sealed, Dark* *Gains Triple Experience*

Equipment: Flagpole (WP:10, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, lance), Steel Buckler (SP: 21), Samurai Helmet (WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors), Pugilist Gloves (+2 to power, immune Weakened), Heavy Armor (SP:5, immune Fragile), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles),

Inventory:

Weapons: Vintul (WP: 16; greatsword), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear), Wasabi Blade (WP: 4, Fire-elemental longsword)

Artifacts: Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Sharkskin Gloves (Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks)

Gems: Opal (Ice), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Amethyst (Darkness), Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet (Earth)

Scrolls: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

•Consumables: 4x Potions, 4x Grand Potions, 2x Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essences, Tonic, 2x Grand Tonics, 4x Ether Core, 2x Elixir, Neutralizer, 6x Mead, 2x Nostrums, 3x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy, Ambrosiam, Dirt Bomb, 2x Smoke Bomb, Pumpkin Bomb, 2x Venom, Deadly Venom, Grating Stone, Zoot's Plaything (Special 3/4 Edition), Level Up Mushroom

Party Leader, Battle Order please. The rest of you, actions.

QM Note: At the end of every round a new creature will come through the hole and join the fight.

Althior chuckled. Back in Eubric, back to the simple things, he thought. He fires a Light Spell at the Unnerved Unicorn from the back row.

"Jeez, who let the dogs out?" Finnegan looks around, suspiciously.

Is there a reason that the Winged Sandals in the loot are listed as an Accessory and not Footwear? It's the same thing in Benji's stats, and I could've sworn they were Footwear.

"Let's see to this gentlemen."

Torc snaked her head against the side of Hoke's neck and under his chin. He felt the vibrations from a guttural snarl upon his flesh until it released into venomous wish from his draconian companion.

"Not yet. But soon," he assured the hatchling.

The voice that whispered in his ear seemed to smile as he felt a strange weight form in his neck pouch.

Sapphire, Hippogriff, Back Row

Battle Order:

Hoke

Benji

Alithor

Edited by UsernameMDM

"Calm them, ha, no, eat them for breakfast perhaps." laughs Benji, drinking a smelling salts and attacking the asp from the back row.

"Detective, Private, care to assist? Perhaps some Encouragement, Inspiration, or a Blessing? Maybe some Reinforcement to our flank or at least you can wish us Luck."

"I'm no, warrior I'm afraid. Private, see about lending them a hand."

"Yes, Sir."

Private U'tens has joined the Party!

Round 1 of Hanging Gardens Breakout:

>Hoke vs. Hippogriff (Sapphire) - Great Spell (124 Damage)

>Benji consumes a Smelling Salt - Benji Hastened

>Benji vs. Asp - Extra Critical Hit (468 Damage, Asp KO'd, 268 Gold Gained)

>Althior vs. Unicorn - Raise the Undead (Undead Asp raised)

Hoke - Free Hits (Aepyornis)(0 Damage)

Benji - Free Hits (Aepyornis)(0 Damage)

Althior - Free Hits (Python) (5 Damage, Bleeding 15)

Althior - Bleeding (15 Damage)

Private U'tens Joins the Party

Horrified Hungry Bear Joins the Enemy Party

The Heroes engage the oncoming stampeded of creatures with fervor. Hoke lets loose a wind spell that nearly knocks the Hippogriff out of the sky. Benji, ducks and dodges his way through the mass of hooves and horns, downing a smelling salt before ending one of the snakes with a well placed crossbow bolt. Althior is right behind the half-elf raising the viper to do his own bidding, though he is unaware of the python sneaking up behind him. The Aepyornis rushes at Benji and Hoke, but the two are easily able to avoid its stabbing beak. Althior finds his legs wrapped by the python and does his best to escape but not before the snake gives him a strangling squeeze that starts some internal bleeding in the necromancer. Private U'tens runs forward and makes ready to hold the parties flank just as a big brown bear comes through the opening in the wall.

The Enemies:

15367234877_19a3a082b8_t.jpg

Unnerved Unicorn *Pierces SP* *Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Type: Beast/Dark

Level: 40

Special I: Healing Horn – Restores 100 health to self. Used only at reduced health.

Special II: Stampede – Causes 40 damage to all opponents. Used only at full health

Drops: Unicorn Horn (Can be sold at magic shops for 250 Gold)

heroicafog-monster-hippogriff.jpg

Horror-stricken Hippogriff *Ignores Row**Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Type: Flying

Level: 50

Health: 161/285

Special: Sky Bomb – The Hippogriff grabs it's opponent and flies to the sky for the remainder of the round, avoiding all damage and removing the target from the battle, the hippogriff drops the target for Damage equal to the Target's SP*2.

Drops: Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; Footwear)

heroicafog-monster-aepyornis.jpg

Agitated Aepyornis *Hastened* *Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Type: Flying?

Health: 282/282

Special: Road Runner – Causes slowed-effect to the target for the remainder of the battle.

Drops: Smelling Salts

Special: Pack Assembly - The slip dog, disappears from time and space for the rest of the round and returns the next round with another Slip Dog.

Passive Special: Cowardly - The Slip Dog will use it's Special in place of Free Hits. Not used if there are 6 or more Slip Dogs

Passive Special: Cowardly - The Slip Dog will use it's Special in place of Free Hits. Not used if there are 6 or more Slip Dogs

red_snake.jpg

Panicked Python *Deals Bleeding 15**Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Special: Major Hemorrhage - Causes Bleeding 30 and Fragile for the remainder of the battle

Drops: Nothing

heroicafog-monster-hungrybear.jpg

Horrified Hungry Bear *Immune to Stunned, Sleep, and Afraid*

Type: Beast

Level: 45

Special: Berserk – The bear goes mad and focuses its sight on the attacker, causing 40 damage to the target as well as dealing extra 40 damage each upcoming round to that target until it is defeated.

Drops: Raw Meat (max. health +5 upon consumption)

The Heroes:

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Necromancer

Level 42 1/5 *Gain Triple Experience* *Absorbs Earth* *Immune to Petrified and Darkness* *Bleeding 15*

Defense: 7 10

Health: 33/53

Inventory:

heroicaquest93-undeadgreenviper.jpg

Undead Asp

Element: Darkness

Beast Warrior

Level 45.8 *Natural Respite* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water**Overkill Gloves* *Hastened*

Defense: 12 15

Gold: 1401

Inventory:

Consumables - Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (4), Phoenix Essence (6), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (6), Smelling Salts (5), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Chaotic Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone (6)

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Mystic Knight

Level 34 *Party Leader**Immune Fragile, Weakened, Confused, Sealed, Dark* *Gains Triple Experience*

Inventory:

Private U'tens (Controlled by Party Leader)

Knight

Level 25

Defense: 5 8

Health: 35/35

Gold: 10

Equipment: Standard Issue Spear (WP: 15), Standard Issue Uniform (SP: 5)

Party Leader, Battle Order please. The rest of you, actions.

QM Note: At the end of every round a new creature will come through the hole and join the fight. Also, I just noted that we could end up with a situation of an infinite number of Slip Dogs, I've adjusted the Passive Special accordingly, if that is alright with you.

Benji uses a grand potion on Althior and also attacks the bear from the back row.

"Private, see if you can take care of one of those dogs. Carvenhall, mayhaps a Remedy would be in order to close that wound or we will be using a lot of potions."

Hoke - Repeat

Private - Dog A, Spear, Front Row

Battle Order:

Hoke

Benji

Private

Althior

"Ey, I am quite convinced that this captivating potion will cure this cut which bleeds so, dear Hokey pants."

OoC: Bleeding can be healed by remedy or return to full health.

Althior drinks the potion slowly. It had been a while since he'd taken a hit like that. He continues to repeat his action as his undead snake attacks the Aepyornis.

Edited by K-Nut