Robert8

Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them Film Discussion

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder if Dumbledore's plan will get Newt killed at some point

Well hardly see that happening since;

"By the beginning of the 1990s, he was retired and living in Dorset with his wife (Tina) and their three pet Kneazles, Hoppy, Milly, and Mauler"

And he still is "alive" at least in 2017 :wink:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This reminds me of Aberforth when he told Harry about how Dumbledore's schemes and heroic plans didn't end up well for his proteges

Maybe he was talking about members of the order of the phoenix, most ended up dead or worse..

Do not remember if it was said only in the film or the book as well? The film do not matter much and even in the book we know J.K. Rowling was planning years ahead in the writing, but I doubt she was taking FB film events into consideration when she wrote HP :sceptic:

Edited by Roebuck

26 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well hardly see that happening since;

"By the beginning of the 1990s, he was retired and living in Dorset with his wife (Tina) and their three pet Kneazles, Hoppy, Milly, and Mauler"

And he still is "alive" at least in 2017 :wink:

Ohhh I see ......

But something went awry at some point between them because Newt didn't join Dumbledore to fight Voldemort in the first war

Newt probably was like "Oh no dude... You won't get me in a mess like this one again. Go get another fool" :laugh:

And Dumbledore was like "Well heeeeelloooooo Harry"

Edited by Robert8

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ohhh I see ......

But something went awry at some point between them because Newt didn't join Dumbledore to fight Voldemort in the first war

Newt probably was like "Oh no dude... You won't get me in a mess like this one again. Go get another fool" :laugh:

And Dumbledore was like "Well heeeeelloooooo Harry"

We know Newt is a lover of beasts, so maybe a creature close to him (or even his suitcase) was destroyed during a battle which led to him walking away.

I really like the whole Wizard/muggle relationship plot something that was never really explored in the Potter films.

Ok the final is out and I think it's the best trailer for a Harry Potter movie yet

They just nailed it. They perfectly got the classic HP vibe but with a more mature tone. 

Also NAGINI!!!!!!!!

WTF???

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Also NAGINI!!!!!!!!

WTF???

It has been a popular theory in the web, so I was not so surprised, but good to get it confirmed..Neville you just chopped the head of a old lady :tongue: Maybe we will see the new nagini mould in some FB sets..

The trailer looked great :excited:

And the actors from the Deathly Hallows are back as Young Dumbledore and Grindelwald! a nice bit of continuity there. 

The next movie is apparently delayed so could end up in spring of -21 *oh2* Probably do to the fact that the second film got bad reviews etc compared to the first one, they are spending extra time to make sure the third one is back on track as a winner :wink:

"Warner Bros. have confirmed that the release date for the third Fantastic Beasts instalment will be November 12, 2021, with filming expected to begin next spring."

*huh* Better late than never I guess :def_shrug:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

"Warner Bros. have confirmed that the release date for the third Fantastic Beasts instalment will be November 12, 2021, with filming expected to begin next spring."

*huh* Better late than never I guess :def_shrug:

Man that feels a while away. I mean I would rather wait a long time for a good film than WB just churning it out to meet a deadline. I guess they’re doing a thorough rewrite of the script given the ending of the last film.