Derfel Cadarn

Freebuild - Dark Isle Saga Path Of Darkness Part 2: Hexvale Cottage

Drudwyn takes Sarlina to his cottage to gather supplies and reveal his agenda.

15357819819_a12aeb5f5f_z_d.jpg

15358424617_bfa8eec2e2_z_d.jpg

15358793520_f5f9ec725f_z_d.jpg

15545269062_4332c9a5ef_z_d.jpg

14923685894_64fd50532e_z_d.jpg

I apologize for the barrage of mocs but I had a few to post and there's more to come.

Enjoy

Wow! Such a detailed build as usual, Derfel Cadarn! It definitely fits the style of your other builds.

I particularly like the tower coming from the roof and the curves and angles incorporated throughout the building. I also find the randomly-tiled roof with the holes in it quite interesting.

What did you use for the vines crawling throughout the MOC? They are not a LEGO piece I recognize...

Keep the MOCs coming, Derfel!

Wow love this one!! The round tower is excellent!!

Awesome shapes and angles as usual.

You are an inspiration!

What a return to GoH with this barrage of builds! I absolutely love all the neat details you've managed to make with those brown windows, and especially that gorgeous round window :classic: I also think that this color combo for the ground is one of the best I've seen you put together.

Even though they make an outstanding contribution, I'm not completely sure I like your inclusion of non-lego (?) vines. One of the things I've always admired you for is how you've managed to create shapes I didn't thought was possible using the relatively limited palette the lego bricks are after all :wink: Then again, the purist in me is still fighting for control...the vines are perfect in terms of the visual impression!

Another stunner! Out of curiosity, what is that light yellow color you have on the ground as an accent to the olive?

Another outstanding build, some of my favorite details are the wagon, wall and gate, and roof texture :wink:

Great to have you back building!

No one should ever apologise for creating and posting mocs, especially when there so good. Another masterpiece. The detailing is spot on again. How have you made those vines?

Great color and some cool organic shapes here.

The use of the non-LEGO/string elements does not sit well with me- but I use illegal techniques all the time without pause. Maybe it is just the next step in the "art" of building.

I guess you have simply evolved past the confines of the LEGO system!

Another super cool build, the texturing here is especially striking. I really wanna know how you hold these builds together with those angles, like the tower.

Once, the bright green color effect and the roof are really attractive for me. The tree is another element that complete perfectly the landscape. Congrats!

Awesome build, the fantastic shapes and level of detail you manage to create in your builds is unparalleled, as superbly demonstrated in this great moc :)

The dark green roof looks magnificent :wub: That whimsical tower is fantastic too, can't wait to see more builds using the new technique you came up with :classic: