Derfel Cadarn

Freebuild - Dark Isle Saga Path Of Darkness Part 1: Caer Caradoc

Sarlina is very much alive and tends to set free an evil Druid who she believes may help her cause!

15504239455_9de30ebbde_z_d.jpg

15504222915_4cc5828926_z_d.jpg

15501064101_03afaafd0e_z_d.jpg

15317325419_4e0b2b8d2f_z_d.jpg

I will add story text at a later date.

Enjoy.

Stunningly beautiful build, LDC! :drool:

I love everything, the landspacing, the stonework, the color scheme, all of it. But, my favorite part is how the top of the tower's shaped like a wizard hat.

Great job. Welcome back to GoH!

Edited by Sir Gareth

Excellent MOC, Derfel!

That woodwork around the tower top is excellent, especially the round portions encircling each section. The roof is very appealing. I like the color choices for this MOC.

I am curious what you used to make the winding vines over the droid-arm vines.

Keep the MOCs coming, Derfel!

I'm drooling and all my coworkers want to know why but they'd never understand!

This is simply outstanding! If I have to choose a couple of highlights I liked even more than the rest it is how the tower is shrinking with height and how the colors on the ground are playing so well together :classic:

Once again, great to have you back here!!

I can't help to wonder about the difference in hue between the pictures however, are you sure you've go the white balance right in some of the shots or is it intentional...?

Edited by Gideon

Excellent build, DC, great landscaping and tower! Awesome stairs, doorway and black log across the stream; I'm looking forward to the story!

This is amazing and everyone else is going to comment on all the things that make it so, so I'll do the unexpected thing and ask "where is that tan female hair piece from?"

This is amazing and everyone else is going to comment on all the things that make it so, so I'll do the unexpected thing and ask "where is that tan female hair piece from?"

It comes on one of the zombies in this set :wink:

Beautiful. Its great to see more of your builds. As usual the attention to detail is fantastic. The snot 2x4 pieces of decoration are wonderful. Absolutely stunning and iv still got two more to look at.

Beautiful moc, the stonework and tudor-style sections especially are executed so skillfully :wub:

Fantastic! I love the different colors in it, that seem unlogical to use, but they do work nicely! Lots of details, excellent!

Excellent tower construction! The roof and the bright green color effect are the best part for me. Congrats!

I do believe that's a hat!

A wizard's hat at that!

Amazing doesn't do it justice, the use of different shades of green puts accents in just the right places! And I love the way the tower top slopes outward. :wub:

I really love this, all the details and all the crazy building techniques provide for an interesting impression. So you are definetely the king of fantasy mocing. However, I sometimes have the feeling that the reality of things is often not as spectacular.

Gorgeous tower, and great to see the continuation of the dark isle saga :)

I do believe that's a hat!

A wizard's hat at that!

that's exactly what I thought when I first saw this :)

Amazing how smoothly the round tower diminishes in diameter :wub: Fabulous landscape as well, such great color choices :thumbup:

Also I see you're putting new parts from the Hun minifigure to good use :classic: