Part 11: Mysterious Death

Part 12: Dark Meetings

Part 13: Warm Yourself

Part 14.1: Sisterly Visit

Part 14.2: Proud Farmer

Part 14.3: Mitgardian Household

Part 15: Another Mysterious Death

Part 16.1: The Council Meeting

Part 16.2: Meeting with Wyndor (made by Glorfindel)

Part 16.3: Feud in Teridyan

Part 16.4: Great Elk Longhouse (made by Glorfindel)

Part 16.5: Traveling Partners

Part 17: The Cemetery

Part 18: Home

15515314706_9df81ed4c4_b.jpg

It was a clear Autumn day in Mitgardia. Snow was already starting to accumulate around the buildings where the shadows kept the sun away. For any Mitgardian it was the perfect weather. Valanice had already started to adjust to the cold temperatures and walked around without even noticing the cold as the rest of the city residents did. Her sisters though, found themselves shivering a little and they relished every chance they got to step indoors whenever they could.

14918262994_d193ebbf99_z_d.jpg

15515289186_13037a38a0_m_d.jpg14918238584_af7728638c_m_d.jpg15353353090_2d2b925ce3_m_d.jpg15536304211_f3f7448943_m_d.jpg

15536309641_90a7a3529a_z_d.jpg

They visited the village bakery where Nora always seemed to have a worried expression on her face. Valanice explained to her sisters that it was because she was always worried that her husband was going to burn the bread.

15536315951_8cf063cd1b_z_d.jpg

They spent the most time at the jeweler gazing at his selection of fine gems.

15539001795_9b395076c8_z_d.jpg

They also walked past the blacksmith shop where the cooper had been busy banding barrels but was currently re-shoeing a horse.

14918836123_05bdcfd218_m_d.jpg15539842262_4167974fbc_m_d.jpg14918259084_40f35dbe81_m_d.jpg

15353369390_f044e919b3_m_d.jpg15536311901_7c26f3674c_m_d.jpg15352370289_5243e77fd4_m_d.jpg

15538998965_2bcf5f1981_m_d.jpg15352365139_36086ffcce_m_d.jpg15352827588_d9252dc0bb_m_d.jpg

The girls had just finished looking at all the wares the stall owners had to offer and were listening to one of the local minstrels playing for coins and chatting with each other in the square. Valanice had picked up some food to add to their dinner and had been tempted at the one of the stalls to buy a new shovel from the dwarf that ran the shop. It would help her as she worked in the small garden around their house. There had been a lot of bustle amongst the dwarves of Dalig Ulv these days. Not only were they concerned about the recent deaths of their kind, but Valanice had also heard rumor that word had come from their council with some big decision. They were often seen huddled together discussing in animated tones.

15352966707_7a43540bf0_z_d.jpg

Valanice was just about to suggest to her sisters that they head back when a startled cry caught her attention.

15352357209_05e8ee53b7_z_d.jpg

She turned to see a woman standing over an older dwarf elder and muttering under her breath.

15538987035_d556481f09_z_d.jpg

Valanice hefted her axe and prepared to charge the woman when two more women stepped up to block her path and with a flick of their wrists everyone around them was pushed back a few feet.

15352821298_6e6c8a9b5c_z_d.jpg

All of a sudden four warriors rushed in to attack the three women.

15352349229_21ee53b193_m_d.jpg14918224614_3596dbf454_m_d.jpg15352953317_8009e87538_m_d.jpg

A half-dozen different blades were all rushing toward the nefarious women when Edea stopped focusing on the dwarf and added her mutterings to her sisters. All four warriors flew back with a burst of power.

14918222144_52ced6e274_z_d.jpg

Just then, Natolyth ran up. He had just made it back to Dalig Ulv after his journey to Cedrica. He stood between the three sisters and the rest of the townsfolk with fireballs smoldering in his hands.

14918221024_5e90e71327_z_d.jpg

“It’s been a long time Edea, since you had me enslaved, and I will not allow you to do likewise to any of these good people!” growled Natolyth.

“I see you have not put the powers I gave you to waste Natolyth” answered Edea. “It is too bad you are not still under my control. I could do great things with your power.”

“Enough!” Natolyth shouted, “I thought you were finished back in the cathedral, but obviously I did not do a good enough job of it.”

15352950267_9d235bdc9f_z_d.jpg

“Oh, you exacted your toll well enough” said Edea, pulling back her hood and revealing her white hair. “It cost me much to recover from your attack. But my fight is not with you this time.” Turning to her sisters she said, “We have what we need, it’s time for us to go.”

15539800872_145c8dc54a_z_d.jpg

And with that they vanished. Valanice ran up to Natolyth and said, “You’ve arrived back home just in time!”

“So it would seem” he replied. “But what is going to happen next?”

OoC: I'll be claiming some HSS credits in this build for Bakery, Cooper, Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Minstrel.

Nice build, MKJoshA!

I particularly like market scenes, and this one is no exception to my interest. The market stands are neat and colorful. The details in the shop buildings are very nice. I like the cheese slope roof design utilized here. The shop interiors are nicely decorated.

Nice action in the scene as well.

Brick on, MKJ!

Great build, MKJoshA!

The stores and market stalls are very well done. I like the contrast in colour between them. The build captures the lively feeling of a market.

The story's nice too. The minifig posing in particular stands out here.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Edited by Sir Gareth

Nice work! The size in particular is quite impressive! I really like the use of wedge plates to break up the regularity of the street. :thumbup:

Lots of nice details and excellent photography! I love those small snow mounds, reminds me of home in late winter :wink:

I'm not too fond of the technique of using only round tiles for the ground however, it creates a too repetitive pattern for my taste.

Edited by Gideon

Very nice build, I like the different roofing techniques. The usage of sabers and daggers for the hinges on the doors is also clever :thumbup:

Nice build MKJA! I really like all the different buildings, and the roof tiles. The streets with the snow also looks very smooth (in a good way).

The story, the `feel, the stalls... all excellent work :thumbup:

Thanks Tomsche!

Nice build, MKJoshA!

I particularly like market scenes, and this one is no exception to my interest. The market stands are neat and colorful. The details in the shop buildings are very nice. I like the cheese slope roof design utilized here. The shop interiors are nicely decorated.

Nice action in the scene as well.

Brick on, MKJ!

I'm glad you like it!

Brilliant builds, and I'm impressed you've got a story in as well! Awesome stuff!

The story is the easy part, it's getting the build to revolve around it that's hard! :grin:

Nice build, the market stalls look really cool!

Thanks!

Great build, MKJoshA!

The stores and market stalls are very well done. I like the contrast in colour between them. The build captures the lively feeling of a market.

The story's nice too. The minifig posing in particularly stands out here.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thank you! I tried to pick vibrant colors, but ones that weren't too out of place in a medieval setting.

Very nice interiors and stalls. I like the roof made of jumpers too.

Thank you! But, what do you mean by "jumpers"?

Nice work! The size in particular is quite impressive! I really like the use of wedge plates to break up the regularity of the street. :thumbup:

Thank you! (Don't tell anyone, but it's the same base with the same wedge plates as the one I used for the Teridyan scene in my collab with SK)

Great build :) the market stall were a nice touch :)

Thank you!

Nice one! Good story, good build. Love it!

Glad you like it Alfadas!

Lots of nice details and excellent photography! I love those small snow mounds, reminds me of home in late winter :wink:

I'm not too fond of the technique of using only round tiles for the ground however, it creates a too repetitive pattern for my taste.

I'm glad you like the snow. The round tiles are repetitive, but the cracks, 1x1 round studs, and the snow are meant to help break it up a little. I guess I'll have to add more of that next time I use this technique.

...The usage of sabers and daggers for the hinges on the doors is also clever :thumbup:

Thank you, I wish I could say I came up with that idea, but I've seen many others use it before me!

Nice build MKJA! I really like all the different buildings, and the roof tiles. The streets with the snow also looks very smooth (in a good way).

Thank you Hammerhand!

Awesome! Liked the build, loved all the extra details, and for dessert we also get a great story to read! Brick on MKJoshA! :thumbup:

I'm glad you like the snow. The round tiles are repetitive, but the cracks, 1x1 round studs, and the snow are meant to help break it up a little. I guess I'll have to add more of that next time I use this technique.

Mixing in sqare/rectangular tiles and plates also helps a lot I think.

You captured the atmosphere of a bustling market very well :thumbup: The houses surrounding the market add to the crowded feel and are excellent builds in themselves, my only minor complaint with them is that the cheese slope roofs look a little too pointy and jerky, the other roof with the dormer window is great though :wub: I like the signs for each shop, and the interiors of course :thumbup:

The whole build is packed with details, one that stood out to me was the use of cutlasses on the blacksmith door :classic: