mccoyed

Mitgardian Textiles Shop in Ruadh

15529373682_0675298d3d_z.jpg

Floka's Fine Fabrics is a new addition to the market area of Ruadh. Though she's planning an expansion, proprietress Floka is currently using the building and yard as a showing space for the dyed linens and textiles she imports from her family in Mitgardia. Mitgardian cloth, especially dyed cloth, is highly prized throughout Kaliphlin and the thicker, woolier fabrics are the perfect solution to cold desert nights.

15529373742_955c9b8f47_z.jpg

You can't go very far in Ruadh without stumbling across artists at work. Here, a husband and wife practice a heady mix of Queenscross lyre and Rakathi calligraphy.

14908633263_9f46922e0d_z.jpg

So far, Floka has been able to manage with just the warehouse space and outdoor racking available to her. Though theft is not much of a problem in Ruadh, Floka worries that it will be as the village grows. If she keeps doing so well, she'll be too nervous to carry the day's earnings on her person back to her home where it is stored in a strongbox. Thankfully, her request for a foot patrol above the shop was approved.

15343019390_320b1297d2_z.jpg

Floka tries her best to stock as many colors and styles as possible.

14908633503_87bc369aff_z.jpg

Here comes a customer. Floka may look Kaliphlinite after long years away from home, but she's Mitgardian down to her bones. Even at her age, she lugs a hefty roll of dyed wool in preparation for a visiting noble's order. The strain barely shows in the corner of her mouth.

The second of my Ruadh builds! Not as complex or difficult as the amphitheater, but nontheless plenty of fun. This pretty much exhausts my tan which is too bad as I'd like to do something more extensive in Kali at some point.

Things I notice about this build that I'd fix next time would be: a better overhead pic as I did a nice carpeting thing on the roof in bright green and purple. I'd also remove the wooden plank flooring inside Floka's shop in favor of another carpety build, perhaps a cheese mosaic or something. I was not that ambitious this time around. Finally, I should have put in supports or otherwise bulked up the catwalk above the cloth racks. Looks a little flimsy as is.

Anyway, thanks for looking! It's good to be back building GoH!

Nice little build, mccoyed!

The color choice (though much the same as kabel's potter's structure) is very nice and the style is very Kaliphlin-esque.

The minifig posing and activity in this build make it seem pleasantly busy.

Brick on, mccoyed!

Nice moc, my only problem with it is the guard looks a little out of place in that uniform, you could changing the arms to a dark blue to make him look a bit less formal.

Edited by BrickCurve

Another beautiful build, mccoyed! Before we know it, we're gonna loose you and Kabel to Kaliphlin :laugh:

The colour palette is lovely, especially the light blue. It creates a warm, cozy feeling and certainly fits the Kali style.

Great job. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Really nice build :) I like the coloured clothes outside the building :) minifig posing is great as well, good job! :)

Edited by IenjoyLego89

Great build, you managed to make a full blown shop in a little tiny building( and a little on the outside I guess) and still make it fully detailed. Looks awesome!

Nice little build, like the different rolls of cloth! Good job making it look Kaliphlinian as well! :thumbup:

Nice little build, mccoyed!

The color choice (though much the same as kabel's potter's structure) is very nice and the style is very Kaliphlin-esque.

The minifig posing and activity in this build make it seem pleasantly busy.

Brick on, mccoyed!

Nice build Mc, well made little structure :thumbup:

Thanks guys. I wish I had more pastel colors. They work very nicely with Kaliphlin builds, with the tan I guess. This is about all the blue I had in that shade as well.

Nice moc, my only problem with it is the guard looks a little out of place in that uniform, you could changing the arms to a dark blue to make him look a bit less formal.

Not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate about this? I was emulating the guards from another Ruadh build.

Another beautiful build, mccoyed! Before we know it, we're gonna loose you and Kabel to Kaliphlin :laugh:

The colour palette is lovely, especially the light blue. It creates a warm, cozy feeling and certainly fits the Kali style.

Great job. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thanks a bundle. And don't worry, I'll never abandon Mitgardia. True North, Strong and Free.

Really nice build :) I like the coloured clothes outside the building :) minifig posing is great as well, good job! :)

Looks good!mi like the display and storage- it works really well!

Great build, you managed to make a full blown shop in a little tiny building( and a little on the outside I guess) and still make it fully detailed. Looks awesome!

Fantastic use of a small space. The colours are great, and the build looks very Kaliphlin!

Nice little build, like the different rolls of cloth! Good job making it look Kaliphlinian as well! :thumbup:

Nice work! This looks excellent! :classic:

Small but very complete... Nice build, i like it alot!

Thanks everybody! It was challenging to make a compact build with so much stuff. Wall, building, outside display, road... etc.

Nice Kaliphlin atmospere, and excellent minifigs! I hadn't seen that red female hairpice before, but now I have to get one or three :classic:

I agree that the guard looks a bit out of place however, even though I know that DM has used that kind of figs before in Mpya Stedor.

Nice Kaliphlin atmospere, and excellent minifigs! I hadn't seen that red female hairpice before, but now I have to get one or three :classic:

I agree that the guard looks a bit out of place however, even though I know that DM has used that kind of figs before in Mpya Stedor.

The hair is from the Lego Disney Princess series. It's Merida from Brave's hair. My daughter has the set so I borrow hair from time to time. :P

I used this guard specifically because of DM's builds for Ruadh, in which Mpya Stedor troops are protecting the town temporarily. Ruadh will eventually have its own guards, but for now there are 1 or 2 troops still around.

Haha mc, I like how this one has tendencies to match my pottery, after all these guys too are Mitgardians! Anyway, it really seems like Ruadh unintetionally has grown into a cross guild community build. We actually havn't had yet that in GoH!

Haha mc, I like how this one has tendencies to match my pottery, after all these guys too are Mitgardians! Anyway, it really seems like Ruadh unintetionally has grown into a cross guild community build. We actually havn't had yet that in GoH!

Yeah, I looked very closely at your build while doing this. I feel like Mitgardians generally like to keep it simple, so I mimiced you more than Gabe or Gideon! I was telling SarahJoy that she kind of hit on something when she proposed Ruadh, a totally peaceful community in the midst of all the turmoil Historica has suffered lately!

Nice MOC! I loved the towels and the scheme colors you used on it. Congrats!

Haha thanks. They aren't really supposed to be towels though. More like sheets of fabric samples to buy by the roll.

Another great lively build! You've managed to pack a lot of action into a small space.

The building itself is a study in minimalism -- or at least, minimalism for Kali! -- with just enough details like the round gold tiles, the back wall, and the neat awning to pull it all together. I love all the different ways you've incorporated fabric; that rack in the yard is really cool. The characterization of Flocka is really nice as well.

In regards to the soldier, it was thoughtful of you to look at Maxim's precedent while Ruadh's Brute Squad has been dodging having their portrait made.

You can't go very far in Ruadh without stumbling across artists at work. Here, a husband and wife practice a heady mix of Queenscross lyre and Rakathi calligraphy.

That does sound like a heady mix! I always enjoy the sense of humor you bring to your builds, and this was a cool way to really make the build particularly Ruadhi.

It really seems like Ruadh unintetionally has grown into a cross guild community build. We actually havn't had yet that in GoH!

Rumor has it that Avalonian and Nocturnan builds might be appearing soon; at that point, all the Guilds will be represented. I'm humbled by the interest in Ruadh; y'all have done amazing work bringing the concept to life. Mccoyed, thank you for another great build!

Another great lively build! You've managed to pack a lot of action into a small space.

The building itself is a study in minimalism -- or at least, minimalism for Kali! -- with just enough details like the round gold tiles, the back wall, and the neat awning to pull it all together. I love all the different ways you've incorporated fabric; that rack in the yard is really cool. The characterization of Flocka is really nice as well.

In regards to the soldier, it was thoughtful of you to look at Maxim's precedent while Ruadh's Brute Squad has been dodging having their portrait made.

That does sound like a heady mix! I always enjoy the sense of humor you bring to your builds, and this was a cool way to really make the build particularly Ruadhi.

Rumor has it that Avalonian and Nocturnan builds might be appearing soon; at that point, all the Guilds will be represented. I'm humbled by the interest in Ruadh; y'all have done amazing work bringing the concept to life. Mccoyed, thank you for another great build!

Thanks so much, SarahJoy! I've enjoyed building for Ruadh but the North is calling its sons and daughters home!

Well done!! I like that the shop uses some area outside the house for it´s buisness!

The Kaliphlin feeling is very good!