Stunning - both in looks and execution!

Amazing indeed!

It's great to see more fascinating MOCs from you. Amazing work!

Nothing I could say hasn't already been said... :wink:

Thanks guys! Really glad you like it!

As I said on Flickr I really like the variety of colours you have used here, you definitely have an eye for colours. The landscape and positioning are also very pleasing to the eye. Overall it's a great build. BUT, you still wanna improve right? :)

I shall give you some tips and critiques which may help you.

Ok, as someone who knows this style very well, I can spot and notice things straight away that others may not.

Firstly, the roof. You are off to a good start here, it just needs refining. I can see a long gap that cuts straight across the roof which you have tried to hide with tiles. I assume this is because you have just rested different sections in place. Try using hinge pieces, either the 1x2 plate hinges or the 1x4 larger hinge pieces commonly used a lot as roofs for Lego car sets. This will allow you to get the shape you want and be all one piece without the gaps.

The leaning stone walls are great but where they meet and run against the front wall needs improving. The gentle slope at the corners of the front wall does not match the sloping wall and leaves gaps. Work on this area trying different bricks to achieve the perfect gradient to match the slope of the wall. You want to try to achieve a seamless look. Check out the corners on my Hexvale cottage to get an idea.

These are points you should work on improving, try to eliminate any obviously gaps, you want to make things look continuous as if they are one, rather then two things next to each other.

While some might think I'm being harsh on you, I'm not. I generally think you are are doing really well and you have posted some great MOCS. People too often will not criticise a moc, I love being critiqued as it alerts me to areas that need improving. Keep refining your work and try to add that final bit of polish that will really elevate it.

Great work cesbrick, keep 'em coming.

First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to come here and post such a long reply and one that shows that you really looked closed to my build, and this coming from you is a real compliment. :classic:

Second, you are right. Most people, me totally included, doesn't give constructive criticism, witch is always welcome when we are trying to improve, and I'm trying to do just that.

Now, on to your thoughts. The different sections of the roof are not just rest in place, they are connected with hinges (parts 44301 and 44302). I chose this ones because they give a more sturdy fixation of the angles. But, on the bad side, they leave a bigger gap, which is very hard to hide with tiles, as you noted. :classic: Maybe with the hinges you suggested would have been easier. Definitely something to try the next time.

The stone walls... Again, you are right. But not only on the sides, my all stone walls needs improvement. I tend to leave many gaps because of the use of some odd parts, but mainly because I take a glance, I think it's Ok and move on. But you are right, that final polish will crank up things a lot.

I don't think you are being to harsh, I REALLY appreciate that you take the time give me some CC. :classic: After all, your work (along with LD's work) was the one that made me want to build things like this.

Thanks DC!

Another thing to note on improvment, DC's stonework is very sci-fi. Make sure not to take too much inspiration from it. It's beyond over greebly.

Yes, I'm aware of that, thanks! :classic:

Glad to hear you appreciate it. It's always nice to get praise but it sometimes comes to the point where people feel afraid to point out where improvements can me made and as Lego builders we need to know our weak points so we can learn and become better. I'm just the same, I constantly want to improve and welcome any critique that people have that I could improve on.

Keep up the good work, I'm sure your next moc will have improved even more.

It's always nice to get praise but it sometimes comes to the point where people feel afraid to point out where improvements can me made and as Lego builders we need to know our weak points so we can learn and become better. I'm just the same, I constantly want to improve and welcome any critique that people have that I could improve on.

Glad to hear that you are thinking that way as well. That's why I usually appreciate the feedback here in GoH better than on flickr or Merlin's Beard, where people write much less constructive criticism. The spirit here of helping everyone improve regardless of if they are building one of their first MOCs or seasoned veterans appearing regularly on TBB is something to be happy about but also make sure we are caring for and not losing.

Edited by Gideon

Impressive!

The choice of colors is bold, but works out amazingly well!

From an architectural point of view this is a unique masterpiece.

(i.e. I have not seen a house like this, therefore I assume it is unique).

So beautiful Cesbrick - so much detail and some wonderful organic shaping going on. :wub: I really love your use of colour - the lighter blues really pop against the dark blue roof and shutters. Great work!

Really great Moc. The things my previous posters mentioned, I like them as well (roof, walls, colors...). What I would like to add is the use of different plates to make a customized baseplate. It adds an additional artistic component. Ahh! And it reminds me of the fairytale "Hansel and Gretl".

Wow ! A really beautiful build !

I love that roof and colors choice !

Leki.

This does not belong on this forum. This is not a MOC, this is a work of art. Stunning.

Edited by jantjeuh

Incredible, a really stunning creation :thumbup::sweet:

Edited by Flare

Wow Cesar, once again an absolutely stunning build... I'm just about speechless here... The amount of dedication and detail you put in your builds is very impressive! You are making an awesome contribution here!

Wow Cesar, once again an absolutely stunning build... I'm just about speechless here... The amount of dedication and detail you put in your builds is very impressive! You are making an awesome contribution here!

Thanks a lot Patrick! As usual I appreciate your words and I'm really glad that you liked it! :grin:

Hi again, showed this yesterday to my daughter. Now she wants this set for Christmas. ;)

Edited by horizon

Hi again, showed this yesterday to my daughter. Now she wants this set for Christmas. ;)

:blush: Thanks, that is a nice compliment.

But unfortunatly this could never be a set... :sweet: