Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day Three - Blips, Drips, and Strips

15338568377_66bcae3d0c_o.png

"Arrgh, y'all be dumb megablocks," Stinky Dave says by way of a defence.

"Be that as it may," Mencot opines, "you are a total mouth trash."

"I be knowin' what I be doing, y'all have nothin' on Stinky Dave." Dave pulls up some bile, "Why I oughtta!"

15522009921_974ae15426_o.png

"Why so serious? Ha ha ha!"

15524784062_7cefc791c7_o.png

POP! goes Stinky Dave's head, in a far more interesting, but possibly unreplicable, graphic than Jamesn had.

"That'll leave a mark."

15338568287_96153bf6a1_o.png

And so Dave leaves the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night falls.

15338514488_99cb1edcdf_o.png

Scaevola wanders the quiet floor. "Oh that Stinky Dave, if I can say one nice thing about him, he didn't bleed on my nice white outfit. This outfit took me hours to make."

15338514518_95df5680bf_o.png

From behind her, she hears a little whirring approach.

15338514548_2a56447e33_o.png

"Oh hey little guy, are you looking for a friend?" she asks.

"Bee booo!"

15524783682_b94b320f78_o.png

With a few clicks, Scaevola dies, also coincidently in a somewhat better graphic than from night one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Richela has snuck out to the roof for a smoke.

15522009661_61ebe17e4e_o.png

"Ah, the cool breeze." She sighs and smiles.

A whirring occurs.

15338568047_0aeb34e65a_o.png

"Oh hi li'l guy. How strange that you would come see me. I thought the scum killer was represented by an artoo unit."

"Beeyuuuuuuoooo"

"Oh, so it's a post-modern commentary on the arbitrariness of night kills. An invitation to the town to not read into images as anything other than entertainment, since this is not a puzzle game, but rather a mafia game," she gathers from his clicks.

"Be boo bee!"

"And in future nights, if the mode of kill were to change, it would simply to keep game images fresh as opposed to a sign that something fundamental has changed? That makes sense."

"Beuuii"!

"Oh, so you're saying--"

15338426990_a1b4988389_o.png

And with that, Richela is the third player out of the game on night two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"GOOD MORNING!"

15443254372_3fe016225a_o.png

"Well, your lynch was a total bust. Stinky Dave was town." A gasp rolls through the room. "And you've lost another of your own, Scaevola. Tough titties. Town is down four." A hush comes among them.

"BUT! Someone did something right, maybe, if they were town." A second gasp fills the room. "Richela was scum. You have taken out your first scum. Well, you didn't. You lynched another townie. That's two active players in two days. I guess the lesson is to say little in thread if you want to sit around and see if you're the last townie left before you lose the game. Active people? You guys will lynch them. Anyway, thank the one of you that actually killed a scum bum if you find them."

He drops the mic and ends the transmission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room is quiet. "So..."

15338426920_bfcd836e14_o.png

"Hmmm."

Out comes Adventurer1.

15522009331_0e098a8466_o.png

"She's dead! My girlfriend's dead! Thank god we were just fictional lovers and not mafia 'lovers,' cuz that with that role, I would end up dying with her. Thank god we're not mafia lovers."

The room waits.

And waits.

They wait a little more, fingers in mouth, nails being bitten down.

Then...

15524783232_b6c521aa9e_o.png

"Why so serious? HA HA HA!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day three has begun. Voting starts in 24 hours.

Non-Player Characters

15233214767_02391c6d48_o.png Doctor Def

Players

15396635686_e906b196ce_o.png Stickfig (Stickfig) - Cosplays Cyclops

15233137127_bd4c68324e_o.png Captain Settle (Captain Settle) - Cosplays dusty movie Batman

15233003380_8a919fce81_o.png Kintober (Kintober) - Cosplays Marge Simpson

15416512751_5766689413_o.png Lind Whisperer (Lind Whisperer) - Cosplays Hulk

15233092678_e83f24f9aa_o.png Pyrovisionary (Pyrovisionary) - Cosplays Rocket Raccoon

15419683415_bc3bb0f2b2_o.png jluckhaupt (jluckhaupt) - Cosplays comic Batman

15232930519_53dd68c9fa_o.pngTheLazyChicken (TheLazyChicken) - Cosplays Joker

15232930479_afd9fc000b_o.png Adventurer1 (Adventurer1) - Cosplays Luke Skywalker

15233136687_ab66215bba_o.png Lord Duvors (Lord Duvors) - Cosplays a ninja turtle

15233003330_f8531971ce_o.png Xenophobic Monoxide (Xenophobic Monoxide) - Cosplays prequels Obi-Wan

15416512831_503f19d5e6_o.png mencot (mencot) - Cosplays Gandolf

15233093028_1306527280_o.png Cutcobra (Cutcobra) - Cosplays Arctic Batman

15233137017_a182d2d4fa_o.png Brickelodeon (Brickelodeon) - Cosplays gender-swapped Ghostbuster, Penny Venkman

15233136777_c66e391f77_o.png Goliath (Goliath) - Cosplays Spider-Man

The dead

15298417950_244d1430e2_o.png Jamesn- didn't manage a day one defense - Town

15298417940_44d8f3dbfd_o.png Mostlytechnic - Shocked to death, night one - Town

15524783942_a9071b3f5b_o.png Stinky Dave - Too scurvy to live past day two - Town

15524783772_df6f70790a_o.png Scaevola - snuffed out night two - Town

15338427390_f8dec90412_o.png Richela - went out for a smoke, went out smoking on night two - Scum

Rules (These are 95% the same as the EB standard; deviations from the normal EB rules are struck-through)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 24 hours (or 48 hours if an emergency comes up). Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the host via PM. That includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty vote penalty per every 4 living players against you, and death on your second offense.

Let's get to the point: Mencot, Stinky Dave really didn't trust you miller claim and he turns out town. He was a really unuseful townie, yes, but now I'm starting to doubt your claim much more.

Then there's LazyChicken1. The guy's barely posted anything and barely helped the town when he was active, he's really on my scumdar right now.

So @Richila was scum... good work, whoever made that choice.

Nothing to learn from Stinky Dave's death, except that it makes @Mencot look slightly suspicious.

Who was Scaevola (publicly) suspicious of? Captain Settle and Lord Duvors (linked list of posts is not exhaustive, but I think it's representative). It sounds like at one point Scaevola was also suspicious of Brickelodeon, but maybe not anymore; I think Captain Settle and Lord Duvors are the best bets.

Anyone else have any theories? Know/remember anything else Scaevola was talking about?

Mencot, Stinky Dave really didn't trust you miller claim and he turns out town. He was a really unuseful townie, yes, but now I'm starting to doubt your claim much more.

Then there's LazyChicken1. The guy's barely posted anything and barely helped the town when he was active, he's really on my scumdar right now.

I concur on both counts.

How did I guess it would turn out this way, oh Dave, why didn´t you trust anyone and blabber stupied things in thread. I tried to PM him yesterday to PM to someone the info/ the lie about me visting him at night. But I never got any response from him. This sucks.

I am still am a vanilla town and miller, nothing has changed.

But I will look more carefuly now on who I trust. Good thing our vig nailed a scum last night, congrats.

What or who made Dave think I visited him at night, that is what I would like to know. Scum bring it on, I am ready.

"None shall pass"

It's "you shall not pass" Gandalf.

Well, our vigilante, though his identity remains concealed, deserves congratulations. However, I'm more suspicious of Mencot now, since Stinky Dave is town... he had no reason to try and claim you visited him.

I'm very, very suspicious of you Mencot.

Let's get to the point: Mencot, Stinky Dave really didn't trust you miller claim and he turns out town. He was a really unuseful townie, yes, but now I'm starting to doubt your claim much more.

I was just thinking the same thing.

And what is the deal with LazyChicken1 anyways? Has he been busy or just trying to conceal his scumminess?

So @Richila was scum... good work, whoever made that choice.

Nothing to learn from Stinky Dave's death, except that it makes @Mencot look slightly suspicious.

Who was Scaevola (publicly) suspicious of? Captain Settle and Lord Duvors (linked list of posts is not exhaustive, but I think it's representative). It sounds like at one point Scaevola was also suspicious of Brickelodeon, but maybe not anymore; I think Captain Settle and Lord Duvors are the best bets.

Anyone else have any theories? Know/remember anything else Scaevola was talking about?

It's worth being investigated. I was thinking though, we should really look back and see who Richela was most friendly with. That could be a start.

Richela posted a list of the people she was suspicious of on day one. I've quoted it below.

I want to say Stickfig/Cyclops because he voted for me, but he hasn't really done anything suspicious.

I initially entertained the idea of Lazy Chicken/Joker; simply for the "Why so serious" in the introduction-but that was Dr. Def and we can't lynch him.

Goliath/Spider-Man is annoying.(but that is my take as a highschool teacher-I have students like him)

I really, really want to vote for Jamesn/Furry-too many bad furry experiences at my last Con.

I am still thinking. I have been re-reading. Seeing the body of work is different-something is bothering me, but I can't put my finger on it yet.

Richela posted a list of the people she was suspicious of on day one. I've quoted it below.

She doesn't really seem suspicious of LazyChicken though, more like she was trying to divert attention away from him.

She doesn't really seem suspicious of LazyChicken though, more like she was trying to divert attention away from him.

Interesting. Can we find any other correlations between the two, that seems like they are working together, so we can investigate that further?

I couldn't find much to be said from Richela and TheLazyChicken but I did find something that Brickelodeon said and Piratedave84 noted on Day One.

I might note Stinky Dave, that you are accusing Captain Settle of a crime that you committed earlier. You did not contribute anything, fluffy or not. I'm not sure where I was going with this, but it is an observation.

I'm not sure how to put in the time and name of the quote but it can be found here which is post #271 on page 11 of Day One.

Anyone else kind of suspicious about that?

(Reality: I haven't spoken because I had no power and my phone was my only access to the internet until this morning. We are not allowed to edit and I didn't want to mess up my posting. I have been reading.)

Thank you, Marge, for your defense early on. Are there any cupcakes left? I am starving after my nap.

I want to say Stickfig/Cyclops because he voted for me, but he hasn't really done anything suspicious.

I initially entertained the idea of Lazy Chicken/Joker; simply for the "Why so serious" in the introduction-but that was Dr. Def and we can't lynch him.

Goliath/Spider-Man is annoying.(but that is my take as a highschool teacher-I have students like him)

I really, really want to vote for Jamesn/Furry-too many bad furry experiences at my last Con.

I am still thinking. I have been re-reading. Seeing the body of work is different-something is bothering me, but I can't put my finger on it yet.

Vote: Furry (Jamesn)

No real reason, I just can't bring myself to vote for Goliath at this point.

Drat, I did it wrong! Vote Jamesn (Jamesn)

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

Okay, one more time

Vote Jamesn (Jamesn)

I stated that I didn't have a reason, just that I couldn't vote for Goliath. My feeling may be because Jamesn played to the slimy furry stereotype in the confirmation thread. I will re-read this day again.

I am here; I am reading and thinking but can't think of anything useful to add.

Here are all of richela's day 1 posts. Needless to say, there isn't much substance. I will go through day 2 now.

Okay, I am trying to make sense of everything. The number of Normal roles is greater than the total number of players we started with, correct? So, any of the normal roles are possible. If there is a lynch that day, there is the possibility of at least 1 more death due to a kill on each night. I have read through Day 1 again and read through Day 1 and 2 of a previous school trying to know what to look for. So far, we have twice as many Day 1 posts as the previous school and I am not sure why.

I agree that the experience and logical thinking were the reason Mostly Technic was killed.

I know that this does not further anything, but I am reading and thinking and didn't want anyone to feel that I am not participating.

Goliath, I am sorry if I offended you previously. I am glad you are stil with us.

Pyrovisionary, good to see you back.

View PostGoliath, on 10 October 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

I'm confused, so PirateDave84 and Lord Duvors have been PM'ing each other about... what and why? That seems suspicious to me because I want to know what they're hiding or talking about.

I'm not voting just yet seeing that this day has plenty of time, I'll wait a little bit.

(Response to Goliath)

Goliath, he first mentioned it in post #319 on Day 1:

"I've been talking to Duvors behind the scenes and he is giving me the impression he is giving up which is not a very scummy thing to do; I'm starting to second guess my vote ... "

The actual PMs are quoted in Post #22 of this thread.

But Mencot mentions a PM to Jamesn in post #2 from this thread:

"And my I add also to Jamesn´s list Lord Duvors and Scaevola because in the PM´s we shared he called them also out. Ofcourse not all of them are scum but they have some explaining to do."

So PMs are okay if Mencot is involved but scummy for the rest of us because he trusts no one?

Talking too much is adding fluff, but not talking enough is suspicious?

And you wonder why a newbie is afraid to post anything, really?

Nine votes needed to lynch, seven left to vote, about 33 hours left.

Of the people who have votes:

Pyrovisionary has had bad timing with votes.

I think Stinky Dave was being sweet to PM Lord Duvors to check on him. At this time, I will accept Dave's judgement on Duvors.

I think Stickfig has a schedule that is out of sync with ours either through time zone or working a night shift.

I don't understand why there is a vote for Cutcobra.

I signed on planning to vote to Captain Settle, but his last post seemed more bewildered than devious.

I understand his trepidation. I have deleted posts before posting out of fear.

Bricklodeon invited Cutcobra.

I hate autocorrect. Bricklodeon unvoted Cutcobra.

I am voting because I must vote to not to be penalized.

b/Vote Piratedave(Stinky Dave)\b

My netbook fried last weekend. I can't figure out how to bold from a phone or tablet, even copying and pasting bold text hasn't worked.

Maybe more to see here?

The day 2 posts seem to have more substance. I've just collected them so I've not examined them too closely but there may be clues to be found in them.

We got one!! I wish it had been someone who posted a bit more though, as that would be WAY more helpful. However, this is not the case. Mencot does seem suspicious now, but let's be honest, Dave was acting really scummy, almost all of us voted for him. Mencot did start the wagon though.

Mencot was quite manipulative. Miller or not, I think we should watch out for him just to be safe.

It's "you shall not pass" Gandalf.

Well, our vigilante, though his identity remains concealed, deserves congratulations. However, I'm more suspicious of Mencot now, since Stinky Dave is town... he had no reason to try and claim you visited him.

I'm very, very suspicious of you Mencot.

You can be suspicious but I have nothing to hide.

Mencot was quite manipulative. Miller or not, I think we should watch out for him just to be safe.

In what way manipulative?

These were the 3 people who voted first for Stinky Dave:

Mencot

Captain Settle

Cut Cobra

Then it went a long while and some chit chat, followed by another vote for Dave:

Adventure1

Kintobor

Jluck

Then a pause again:

Xenophobic Monoxide

Brickelodeon

Scaevola

Thelazychicken

Goliath

and Richila

and after awhile also Lind Whisper

The ones voting for Captain Settle was(Stickfig, Pyrovisionary, Lord Duvors)

Not much to go on there, yes I started it because of them things happening in the end of day 1. Him and Lord D.s pm and big gambit plan that didn´t sound too convincing. And to choose from two possible scum, I choose to hear from the more experienced and that was Dave.

Then the argument started and I don´t think Dave handled it really good, because I said at some occasions to him that is he town but he didn´t seem to wanna hear me out.

And the reason to that seems to be the thing that he was convinced that i had visited him at night, so someone lied to him.

The proof of the thing is if someone would had visited Dave and it would had been a scum, then Dave would had been dead at night because Jamesn was the doctor and he was lynched so no one was protecting.

So the person lying in Pm to Dave is probably (I don´t think it was richila) still be among us and he/she is dangerous.

Here are a couple of lingering questions on my mind:

1st: just like yesterday, why was scaevola targeted? Honestly, I had her on my list of neutral players, with the possibility of being scum. She didn't strike me as much of a asset to the town, so why did the scum want her gone?

2nd: how many scum are left? I assume they started with 3 or (more likely) 4, so does 2-3 scum left seem right?

Going over Mencot's list, I noticed two clusters of three that seemed like they had interesting timing.

Mencot

Captain Settle

Cut Cobra

All three of these have been repeatedly brought up as possibly being scum. However, I doubt all the scum would vote this early on.

Thelazychicken

Goliath

and Richila.

The first two names have both come under suspicion, the first for being rather fluffy in his posts(something he still hasn't quite got over!), and the second for making some broad accusations during the first day(Of course, that could just be a player learning the rules).

Granted, I could very easily be all wrong, but it's interesting timing none the less.

Here are a couple of lingering questions on my mind:

1st: just like yesterday, why was scaevola targeted? Honestly, I had her on my list of neutral players, with the possibility of being scum. She didn't strike me as much of a asset to the town, so why did the scum want her gone?

2nd: how many scum are left? I assume they started with 3 or (more likely) 4, so does 2-3 scum left seem right?

I am wondering the same, in my eyes she was towards scum a bit. Did the scum know something more then the rest of us, did she say something wrong in PM to someone. This is like Mostly´s kill, did he also say something wrong?

Probably not, I think Scum has an nightrole that they have used to get the info they need.

I am wondering the same, in my eyes she was towards scum a bit. Did the scum know something more then the rest of us, did she say something wrong in PM to someone. This is like Mostly´s kill, did he also say something wrong?

Probably not, I think Scum has an nightrole that they have used to get the info they need.

Both Mostlytechnic and Scaevola struck me as being very good at reasoning, which is why I believe that they were targeted.

Well we got one, but lost two. Dave confused me with how he was acting. I'm looking back now over everything the past two days. So far only a couple of things stand out. N

I couldn't find much to be said from Richela and TheLazyChicken but I did find something that Brickelodeon said and Piratedave84 noted on Day One.

I'm not sure how to put in the time and name of the quote but it can be found here which is post #271 on page 11 of Day One.

Anyone else kind of suspicious about that?

Now that you mention it, Brickelodeon is striking me as scum (and, no, it's not because he wanted to vote for me). He's first posts in day 1 didn't contribute anything at all, and then when he did say something (when he started going along the bandwagon for you) he said he didn't care if Goliath was scum or not, if he was not we were just "getting rid of an unuseful townie". Then he went along jamesn's bandwagon.

What I'm most interested in is that in day 1, Scaevola was thinking Brickelodeon was a major scumtarget. Maybe that's the reason they killed him?

And on Day 2, when he said I didn't answer to my "accusations" I asked him which accusations and he didn't respond. This isn't a really valid point but I'll still point it out.

Why would I have killed Scaevola when she didn't think I was scum? She distinctly said that she no longer suspected me anymore.

Both Mostlytechnic and Scaevola struck me as being very good at reasoning, which is why I believe that they were targeted.

Atleast Mostly was, Scaevola to some point.

Here is a bit of speculation guys. Scaevola had voted for Lord Duvors twice, and had changed her vote twice to get a lynch. Could it be that Duvors saw that she was dead set on lynching him, and knew that he needed to get rid of her?

Why would I have killed Scaevola when she didn't think I was scum? She distinctly said that she no longer suspected me anymore.

My bad then, I must have missed it.