Cyclotron102

Effe's D11 pneumatic version

Hello,

I like Efferman's Cat D11 so I'm going to make it pneumatic

i modified the inside, remove the gearing, there will be a small pneumatic pump

at the moment I'm here:

15524437455_f0e3e03355_z.jpg

do you want to add a electric pump or manual

it will be manual with 20:12 gear ratio, but if the performance will be not so good, i change it to the big manual pump

the small one can be hidden in the base, and you can operate with the exhaust pipe or the air filter

for the bigger one i have some idea, i want to be it invisible

Looks very nice, I like the place you hid the handpump.

the first mounting point of the cylinders have looked better

I agree, also if possible I would try to lower the switches one stud so the cabin looks clean.

the first mounting point of the cylinders have looked better

It is possible, but i can't put closer the cylinders to the grille, because of the tubing.

Or I can increase the distance between the big cylinders, but then i have to think about where can I put the tubing, now it is guided under the structure

I will make few solutions

Looks very nice, I like the place you hid the handpump.

I agree, also if possible I would try to lower the switches one stud so the cabin looks clean.

Possible, but the tubing are very tight at the switches already

Would it fit to have the big cylinders turn 90 degrees inward in the picture you made in the first post so the outlets face the grill? Outwards probably creates problems with the mini pumps? I still think the mounting point in the first picture looks the best, but I understand the tubes would then touch the tracks. You'd have to think of a different way to mount the cylinders besides the grill while keeping them in the same place as your first picture. I also think the tubing would look pretty nice with some tubes coming out of the chassis besides the grill.

Looking at you last picture, seems like there is plenty of space to lower the switches. I see 4 studs of space. That's 1 more stud than I had in my wheel loader and I had to consider a driveshaft running through the middle too :D

Would it fit to have the big cylinders turn 90 degrees inward in the picture you made in the first post so the outlets face the grill? Outwards probably creates problems with the mini pumps? I still think the mounting point in the first picture looks the best, but I understand the tubes would then touch the tracks. You'd have to think of a different way to mount the cylinders besides the grill while keeping them in the same place as your first picture. I also think the tubing would look pretty nice with some tubes coming out of the chassis besides the grill.

Looking at you last picture, seems like there is plenty of space to lower the switches. I see 4 studs of space. That's 1 more stud than I had in my wheel loader and I had to consider a driveshaft running through the middle too :D

If I turn the cylinders 90 degrees, then the upper connection point were impossible, or very strange.

I lowered the switches one stud, now better, but I can't because the tubing.

At the weekend I will try these at the real model and will see.