Sign in to follow this  
BrickCurve

A Close Call

My first attempt at quicksand.

One of the many travelers of Historica, Abdahl Darak nearly meets his death in a patch of quicksand near Barqa, but is saved by his son Tirander.

15337740847_354ba7866b_c.jpg

15524341945_d573ac26cd_c.jpg

15337593600_f0fb5db6b9_c.jpg

15337686028_a545c064da_c.jpg

I would like to claim UoP credits for minifig posing and extreme environments, Quicksand, (If this is extreme enough an environment for the credit).

Edited by BrickCurve

Ha ha nice. If the sand doesn't get you, the scorpions will. All you need are some rodents of unusual size!

UoP +1

:classic:

I'm not sure it's been done before in GoH, so way to start something new! +1 to the UoP

Nice little vig, :thumbup: on the quicksand - as a matter of fact, I don't recall ever having seen that done in LEGOs before! +1 for the UoP credits!

UoP DoH +1

I believe one other person did quicksand, but it may have been before the advent of the UoP DoH program.

Nice vignette! Great depiction of quicksand!

Ha ha nice. If the sand doesn't get you, the scorpions will. All you need are some rodents of unusual size!

UoP +1

:classic:

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

:laugh:

Very cool build, BrickCurve!

The quicksand is done very nicely with the cheese slopes. Nice action in the scene as well, though reality would have it that it is difficult to be killed by quicksand due to the buoyancy of a human body on the denser sand/water mixture. Of course, GoH can be more interesting at times if science is not followed exactly, so I hope I have not taken away from this build with this comment.

I also particularly like the border under this build. The only critique I have on it would be that it seems a bit tall for the small, flat vignette on top of it.

Brick on, BrickCurve!

Definitely an extreme environment! UoP +1

I agree however that the vignette probably would have been better balanced if it was slightly bigger.

Great idea and execution, the cheese slopes work well for the quicksand :thumbup: Cool fig posing as well! :wink: