Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickPal

BIONICLE Webisodes

Announced at New York Comic Con, it seems that brand new, short Flash-animated videos online will be used as a way to deliver the main story of BIONICLE's reboot. Talk about them here! That way, we can have chats about the story that is shown through the webisodes, and leave most set discussion in the Action Figures Forum.

So, are you excited? What did you think of the first teaser, The Legend? Would you like a full TV series eventually? Discuss.

1899588_1511855262388885_2497265289370321156_o.jpg?dl=1

Edited by Puffle Pal26

A full TV series would be AMAZING but I have a bad feeling that this show will turn out to be too humorous like Mixels and have little story background... Let's hope it will be a bit better but the bios on Lego.com show otherwise. If Onua acts like the Chima bears I will be severely disappointed (i.e. falling asleep right before battle etc)

I just posted my reactions on tumblr.

So there are the the toa featured in the new bionicle animations for next year. There’s Pohatu, Tahu, and the others, but then theres Onua like, “onua for f---s sake stop lifting you’re f---ing huge” and onua is just like “IM THE EARTH GUY I GOTTA BE ROCK HARD SO I CAN BREAK ROCKS I GOTTA BE BUFF” and tahu just goes “you can already break rocks dude just stop with the weights” and onua just loses it like “BRO YOU DONT EVEN LIFT BRO I GOTTA LIFT TO BE THE TOUGH GUY.” and then onua just loses it on tahu and kopaka and lewa are just trying to hold him back and onua’s like “YOU WANNA FIGHT BRO YOU CANT EVEN LIFT BRO” and lewa is all like “he’s not even worth it just stop man”

so then kopaka freezes him and he breaks out because he’s that f---ing buff. he just brutally murders the other toa for not lifting, and then proceeds to do the same to all the villagers.

remember how the bohrok were meant to cleanse mata nui?

onua single handedly manages to cleanse okoto in less than 3 hours and because he runs out of things to kill and crush for not lifting, he goes back to lifting. he begins bench pressing all of okoto because he’s gotta be the buff guy even though now he’s the ONLY guy, he has to be the strongest.

onua becomes the strongest toa ever, but also gets really lonely.

BUT THAT DOESN’T MATTER BECAUSE HE CAN LIFT.

That's my reaction. Mostly to Onua, but yeah.

But this does look good.

Oh no... This doesn't look good. I never fully got into the storyline of Bionicle, although I did watch all the movies, but even I can tell that this is not going to be as good as the original. Making colorful flash-animated webisodes instead of well-crafted CG movies takes away all the "grunge" and realism that the original Bionicle had. And judging by the childish character bios, this reboot seems to be indeed aimed at the same target audience as Mixels and Chima. :facepalm: I fear this may be even worse than Hero Factory.

Where can we see the teaser?

A full TV series would be AMAZING but I have a bad feeling that this show will turn out to be too humorous like Mixels and have little story background... Let's hope it will be a bit better but the bios on Lego.com show otherwise. If Onua acts like the Chima bears I will be severely disappointed (i.e. falling asleep right before battle etc)

How can you even compare Mixels and BIONICLE? (Well, you can, very well, but that's usually for joke purposes :tongue:)

Yeah, I find it puzzling how people are writing this off based upon the art style. They obviously aren't familiar with BIONICLE's roots.

I'm looking forward to these, but I can't imagine they'll be the main source of storytelling for the theme considering each mini-movie will only be an average of 90 seconds.

Yeah, I find it puzzling how people are writing this off based upon the art style. They obviously aren't familiar with BIONICLE's roots.

I'm looking forward to these, but I can't imagine they'll be the main source of storytelling for the theme considering each mini-movie will only be an average of 90 seconds.

I actually am familiar with MNOLG and the rest (love the games, play them all the time mostly for nostalgia) but I made the comparison between that and Moxels because that was what came to mind when I first saw it...

Oh no... This doesn't look good. I never fully got into the storyline of Bionicle, although I did watch all the movies, but even I can tell that this is not going to be as good as the original. Making colorful flash-animated webisodes instead of well-crafted CG movies takes away all the "grunge" and realism that the original Bionicle had. And judging by the childish character bios, this reboot seems to be indeed aimed at the same target audience as Mixels and Chima. :facepalm: I fear this may be even worse than Hero Factory.

You realize BIONICLE had "colorful flash-animated webisodes" long before it had CG movies of any kind? And that they remain some of the most beloved depictions of BIONICLE's earliest story years? Some of the earliest ones were the 24 cutscenes for the Mata Nui Online Game, which were also posted to a separate "Episodes" page starting in 2002. They were followed with seven new flash-based webisodes in 2002 and three more in 2003.

A lot of people seem to be assuming that the stylized character designs will mean that no effort will be put into creating cinematic backdrops. Rest assured that this is not true. This Facebook photo album shows the slides from the NYCC BIONICLE panel presentation, and images such as this, this, and this have no shortage of detail. There are even more stills here and here that show a variety of action-packed scenarios. Definitely a far cry from Mixels, from what I can see. I've seen people compare these, both in terms of visual style and release format, to the original Star Wars: Clone Wars micro-series from 2003.