gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

On Amazon right now, both Ostrich Race and Atlantis Gateway of the Squid are 50% off!

I dont know if this is the case with all Targets but my local target has all xmas stocking stuffers 50% off.

I picked up 4 Toy Story green army men and one x-wing. I didnt find any other ones.

However one thing to note, the smaller Toystory army man packaging is technically NOT on sale.

Here is a comparison between the large and small packaged TS set.

dsc0310kn.jpg

I honestly did not notice the difference. When I was at the cashier, the smaller ones rang up $3.99 so I said that they should be on sale. the manager came by and said they were not since they are not holiday sets. Luckily I had one larger TS jeep and had her scan it. It did ring up $1.99. So the manager approved lowering the other three smaller packs to $1.99 each.

The same happened to me. I found one large bag amongst many small. When I got to the register I asked if they would price match. The cashier called her supervisor who said do whatever makes them happy. Have to love Target.

I found many atlantis bags in the 50% off however they all rang up as 3.99 too :(

Big sale still at the store near me.

Got

2 8099 Midi SD

2 7570 Ostrich race

2 7571 fight for the dagger

2 7573 Ballte of alamut

8198 ramp crash

All 50% off

They have a few other sets too.

Another 50% off one item in-store coupon for Borders Rewards members. Last time my wife bought me the Calvin and Hobbes complete collection - the savings of $75 made it cheaper than Amazon!

One per person (probably linked to your Rewards number).

"Valid 1/1/11–1/2/11 at U.S. Borders, Borders Express, and Waldenbooks stores only. Not valid at Borders.com. "

EDIT: TRU has all LEGO (except Star Wars and Pharaoh's Quest) on buy 2 get 1 free. In store and online. January 1 only.

Edited by desultor

Just wanted to note that S@H (US at least) is still having a great sale, and I keep checking all the time and keep finding the list of things slightly changing on an almost daily basis.

The Home One for $55 (was $110)

The Wind Turbine Transport for $30 (was $60)

Count Dooku's Sailor, Midi-scale Star Destroyer, both 50% off.

Obi-Wan's Star Fighter, 25% off ($75, was $100).

These are, as I write this, all still "Available Now."

Just wanted to note that S@H (US at least) is still having a great sale, and I keep checking all the time and keep finding the list of things slightly changing on an almost daily basis.

The Home One for $55 (was $110)

The Wind Turbine Transport for $30 (was $60)

Count Dooku's Sailor, Midi-scale Star Destroyer, both 50% off.

Obi-Wan's Star Fighter, 25% off ($75, was $100).

These are, as I write this, all still "Available Now."

8019 Republic Attack Shuttle was on sale today, I missed it.

There was also a thanksgiving turkey and ghost on sale yesterday, now gone.

And the Bionicle Stars are half off.

Looks like all 2010 Lego sets are on clearance at Wal-Mart. Good prices on all the sets they have left, including mostly Star Wars but also a few Atlantis, Power Miners, and Toy Story. I found one very lonely Raid VPR, the only SP set on the shelves. Man, I totally missed Space Police 3!

Looks like all 2010 Lego sets are on clearance at Wal-Mart. Good prices on all the sets they have left, including mostly Star Wars but also a few Atlantis, Power Miners, and Toy Story. I found one very lonely Raid VPR, the only SP set on the shelves. Man, I totally missed Space Police 3!

Target also has a lot of lego sets on 30% markdown. Same basic sets though.

Target also has a lot of lego sets on 30% markdown. Same basic sets though.

Basic sets being?

Basic sets being?

as in the same sets he had already listed. Atlantis, Power Miners, Toy Story.. They did have some 221peice bins marked down to like 8 bucks if your just lookin for basic building bricks.

Target is being stingy with their clearance... :sadnew: My store has a good selection of sets on sale, but they have been sitting on the shelf all week at 30% off...

In Denmark, Føtex has 40 % off on all LEGO (though their selection isn't exactly impressive).

as in the same sets he had already listed. Atlantis, Power Miners, Toy Story.. They did have some 221peice bins marked down to like 8 bucks if your just lookin for basic building bricks.

Oh, is that like the entire lines or the lowest priced sets (30% right)? I had plans to get Gateway of the Squid, Portal of Atlantis, Pizza Planet Truck, and Army Men on Patrol but never had the chance to see since I had a family gathering...

Oh, is that like the entire lines or the lowest priced sets (30% right)? I had plans to get Gateway of the Squid, Portal of Atlantis, Pizza Planet Truck, and Army Men on Patrol but never had the chance to see since I had a family gathering...

It really depends on what the store has left in stock. They had more power miners then anything at my store.

Just went to Target here in SF Bay Area (San Mateo to be exact), and they had a lot of Hero Factory stuff on 30-50% clearance. I picked up a 7572 Quest Against Time marked at $34.99, but it rang up at $24.98! So I went back and bought two more. Looks like it has great parts for castle/palace/temple/pyramid MOCs. I calculate value by subtracting $2.50 per minifigure, and subtracting 5 pieces per minifigure, and then doing a price per part calculation. Using that, this set comes out to 3.08 cents per part! Wow, what a deal! I also bought two Atlantis 8057 Wreck Raiders at $8.46 each; not a great deal, but had to have the sharkman. Also picked up a Echo Base for $17.48; had to have the taun-taun. There was a fair amount of Toy Story Duplo on sale too; didn't pay too much attention to it.

Then I dropped by the Hillsdale/San Mateo LEGO store. On sale, they had the 8099 Midi-Scale Star Destroyer, Atlantis Gateway of the Squid, loads of Racers, a few Creator sets, and a lot of PoP sets: Quest Against Time at $24.99, Fight for the Dagger at $14.98, Ostrich Race, and Desert Attack. I picked up 3 Fight for the Daggers to complement the one we already have -- now we can create sort of a full enclosed market. Excluding the 4 minifigures as above, these work out to 2.3 cents per part! If you count the camel as a mini-figure and price those at $2.50 each, then all the remaining parts are 1.1 cents each!

Edited by NiceMarmot

Kids.woot.com is selling four different LEGO kids watches: bionicle, castle, space police, and power miners for $9.99 + $5 S&H.

For those unfamiliar with Woot, it's "One day, One deal." You can order up to three of the items they are selling (in this case, you'd be able to get three different watches, or three the same, or any mix) and S&H is the same regardless how many you get, so you conceivably get 3 watches for $35 ($34.97) including S&H.

One day, one deal, ends at midnight CST.

Not my cup of tea, but not a bad deal (I found space police for $15 at Amazon and it's eligible for free shipping if you get the total order high enough, but if you wanted more than one you'd save some money). The castle watch is $18 at Amazon, so YMMV.

Edited by fred67

Just went to Target here in SF Bay Area (San Mateo to be exact), and they had a lot of Hero Factory stuff on 30-50% clearance. I picked up a 7572 Quest Against Time marked at $34.99, but it rang up at $24.98! So I went back and bought two more. Looks like it has great parts for castle/palace/temple/pyramid MOCs. I calculate value by subtracting $2.50 per minifigure, and subtracting 5 pieces per minifigure, and then doing a price per part calculation. Using that, this set comes out to 3.08 cents per part! Wow, what a deal! I also bought two Atlantis 8057 Wreck Raiders at $8.46 each; not a great deal, but had to have the sharkman. Also picked up a Echo Base for $17.48; had to have the taun-taun. There was a fair amount of Toy Story Duplo on sale too; didn't pay too much attention to it.

Then I dropped by the Hillsdale/San Mateo LEGO store. On sale, they had the 8099 Midi-Scale Star Destroyer, Atlantis Gateway of the Squid, loads of Racers, a few Creator sets, and a lot of PoP sets: Quest Against Time at $24.99, Fight for the Dagger at $14.98, Ostrich Race, and Desert Attack. I picked up 3 Fight for the Daggers to complement the one we already have -- now we can create sort of a full enclosed market. Excluding the 4 minifigures as above, these work out to 2.3 cents per part! If you count the camel as a mini-figure and price those at $2.50 each, then all the remaining parts are 1.1 cents each!

Bah, I wanted the Gateway of the Squid set...

How much is marked down from the squid set and how many were left at the Lego store? Any sign of Series 3 minifigures?

Bah, I wanted the Gateway of the Squid set...

How much is marked down from the squid set and how many were left at the Lego store? Any sign of Series 3 minifigures?

I think Gateway of the Squid was $19.99 or $24.99. Didn't pay too much attention since we're not really into Atlantis yet. There were quite a few of them, and also some of one of small sets too -- not Wreck Raider, but maybe Monster Crab Clash or something else. You could call and ask -- they were very helpful in the store.

And yes, they had a bunch of the Series 3 minifigures - probably at least 30 or so out in a bin for people to pick through. I heard from a friend yesterday that the Santa Clara store has a lot of Series 3 minifigures also, but apparently not much on sale.

I think Gateway of the Squid was $19.99 or $24.99. Didn't pay too much attention since we're not really into Atlantis yet. There were quite a few of them, and also some of one of small sets too -- not Wreck Raider, but maybe Monster Crab Clash or something else. You could call and ask -- they were very helpful in the store.

And yes, they had a bunch of the Series 3 minifigures - probably at least 30 or so out in a bin for people to pick through. I heard from a friend yesterday that the Santa Clara store has a lot of Series 3 minifigures also, but apparently not much on sale.

OMG, MUST GET. Ugh, but I have no car...

Edited by Iysk

So I went today, they said they had no Gateway of the Squids. I'm sad, I'm guessing it was confused with Shadow Snapper.

I got the Minifigures I wanted (sans the Rapper, was debating).

They have Zerg for less, went from 19 bucks to 12. Was going to get him but I wanted a brick-a-brick cup. He'd be good for purple parts though.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting, came into update about Zerg without looking at the last poster (myself).

Edited by Iysk

I went to Target in Lakewood. They have City Corner for only $14.98!!!! I bought two of them. My fiancée has been wanting this fir a long time. They were on the normal shelf and the price tag on the shelf said $14.98. I thought it was misplaced but I looked closer and sure enough it said "City Corner". I scanned it to be sure.

Oddly these were NOT on clearance.

I went to Target in Lakewood. They have City Corner for only $14.98!!!! I bought two of them. My fiancée has been wanting this fir a long time. They were on the normal shelf and the price tag on the shelf said $14.98. I thought it was misplaced but I looked closer and sure enough it said "City Corner". I scanned it to be sure.

I wish I was in Norcal.

Ha! Targets are going to open stores in canada. Let's hope they make the same mistake :devil:

ToysRUs Canada: Jan. 14th to Jan. 27th

20% off all LEGO City, Atlantis, Basic Buckets and Box Sets

Edited by Buddha Bricks