gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

This seems like the proper place to ask, does Lego S@H offer free shipping often (like more than once a year?) or only like once a year. I do not check their website too often but I recall them having free shipping last summer, and also they have it right now. So I was wondering if they only do it during the summer, or also during other parts of the year?

This seems like the proper place to ask, does Lego S@H offer free shipping often (like more than once a year?) or only like once a year. I do not check their website too often but I recall them having free shipping last summer, and also they have it right now. So I was wondering if they only do it during the summer, or also during other parts of the year?

Someone else will have to work out a pattern if there is one, but I can say that it does seem to happen more than once a year. However, it isn't very often. I do not remember off hand if it is usually running during the Black Friday sale or not, but if it is that would be the next time it would likely pop up (I would imagine).

Yeah, they have the free shipping deal pretty often. I feel like it's every second month, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, Target has the Wii and Xbox versions of Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 on sale for $37. :thumbup:

Yeah I saw that, but I was too busy with the collectible minifigs to go over and look. Too bad, I would have gotten it. Guess I'll just have to wait 'till next year when it's marked down to $20.

You could always get it online. They have free shipping on orders over $50. :wink: But yeah, I'm waiting for the price to drop to 20 too. Unless someone gets it for me for Xmas. :grin:

I wish my Target had the minifigs. :hmpf_bad:

Sorry yours didn't have the minifigures :sadnew:

If it helps, the box had the top completely torn off, and they had it wedged away on the 5th or 6th shelf.. It took me a few tries walking around the Halloween isles to find it.

Perhaps not the most appealing offer, but TRU has a free LEGO Ben 10 Set with any LEGO game or construction set purchase of $40 or more deal right now. Expires Sep. 18.

Even better TRU is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale (basically like the previous buy 1 get half free, but you have to buy two instead of 1 but get the same amount of savings)on 9/19 - 9/25.

Edited by lego40k

Even better TRU is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale (basically like the previous buy 1 get half free, but you have to buy two instead of 1 but get the same amount of savings)on 9/19 - 9/25.

ALL the good sets are out of stock, as usual.

TRU is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale (basically like the previous buy 1 get half free, but you have to buy two instead of 1 but get the same amount of savings)

ALL the good sets are out of stock, as usual.

Buy 2 Get 1 Free = 33% off total, if you buy three of the same cost.

Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off = 25% off total, if you buy two of the same cost.

So, the current sale is better than the previous ones, if you're OK with buying more, and matching cost. And from comments on Brickset, at least a few of the good sets were available at midnight EST. I'm hoping they'll restock during the week... does anyone know if they have in the past?

Be careful of the TRU markup on the Harry Potter pre-sale sets though. I was so excited since they were all "in-stock" and free shipping... but doing the math compared to the real list prices I found that this sale only discounts them 9% (Dobby) to 25% (the train). Is it likely that TRU will eventually bring the Harry Potter sets down nearer to list price?

I just talked with a Walmart customer service rep who asked the store manager - they don't price match BOGO sales, only specific products at specific prices. Good thought though!

Zellers Canada: September 24-30

•50% off on Saturday and Sunday (sets listed below)

•25% off for Rest of the Week (sets listed below)

-LEGO Toy Story 7590 Army Men on Patrol (reg.$14.99)

-LEGO Toy Story 7595 Woody and Buzz to the Rescue (reg.$26.99)

ToysRUs Canada LEGO BrickTober Sale: October 1-7

This Week's Sale

• FREE LEGO Star Wars 30050 Mini Republic Attack Shuttle with LEGO Star Wars purchases above $35 ($4.99 value)
  • 35% off ALL LEGO Ben 10 - Now $12.87 (reg.$19.99)
  • 28% off ALL LEGO Bionicle Stars Can Sets - Now $7.87 (reg.$10.99)
  • 30% off LEGO Atlantis 8058 Guardian of the Deep, 8059 Seabed Scavenger and LEGO Duplo 5657 Toy Story Jessie's Roundup - Now $13.87 (reg.$19.99)

BrickTober Promotional Event - This week's figure is a LEGO Imperial Soldier

• Get a FREE LEGO Minifigure with Magnet Base with any LEGO purchase of $35 or more
  • A new LEGO Minifigure with Magnet Base will be available each week
  • Available instores only while supplies last

Edited by BlueDragonZ

30% off all(?) LEGO sets at US Toys R Us stores this week; the ad is a bit nebulous with what is included, though to me it seemed like most of the sets would be discounted. You also get a retro minifig as part of the Bricktober event.

30% is great, I will have to take a look.

Sam's Club is ramping up for the holidays (yes, people in other countries should be rolling their eyes), but it's all good for LEGO enthusiasts.

For $39.95 each, I saw at least the following sets:

8095: General Grievous Starfighter, msrp $49.99

5891: Apple Tree House, msrp $45.99

7596: Toy Story 3 Trash Compactor, msrp $49.99

An Atlantis set... someone help me out here, if they saw it - I'm guessing 8077 Exploration HQ, because the only other set that size is the Gateway of the Squid, and then you wouldn't be saving anything.

I got the Apple Tree House myself, for a marginal $5.00 savings. Sorry I can't remember the Atlantis one... I'm not a fan of any of the sets, frankly, except the Apple Tree House, and didn't write anything down.

30% off all(?) LEGO sets at US Toys R Us stores this week; the ad is a bit nebulous with what is included, though to me it seemed like most of the sets would be discounted. You also get a retro minifig as part of the Bricktober event.

So I've been checking out this great deal... and what I've found is that, ON SALE, most of these sets are STILL above MSRP! It's not all sets, the ad reads that all LEGO is on sale, including 30% on the "hottest" sets. What the heck does that mean? I can't find a single item at 30% off even TRU inflated prices!

Great examples:

8014 Clone Troopers BP and 8084 Snow Trooper BP: $13.49. That's the SALE PRICE!!!! They're actually claiming list is $14.99!!!! MSRP is $11.99!!!!

Slave 1 is still over $80, ON SALE!!!! Ridiculous.

Unbelievable crap!

EDIT: LOL at the Harry Potter prices, too. :laugh:

Edited by fred67

So I've been checking out this great deal... and what I've found is that, ON SALE, most of these sets are STILL above MSRP! It's not all sets, the ad reads that all LEGO is on sale, including 30% on the "hottest" sets. What the heck does that mean? I can't find a single item at 30% off even TRU inflated prices!

Great examples:

8014 Clone Troopers BP and 8084 Snow Trooper BP: $13.49. That's the SALE PRICE!!!! They're actually claiming list is $14.99!!!! MSRP is $11.99!!!!

Slave 1 is still over $80, ON SALE!!!! Ridiculous.

Unbelievable crap!

EDIT: LOL at the Harry Potter prices, too. :laugh:

What did you come to expect? :tongue:

What did you come to expect? :tongue:

I was expecting 30% off, which might actually bring prices below MSRP. I guess I set my expectations too high for TRU. :sad:

Yeah, it's a tricky sale. 30% off is only the sets shown on the front page of the flyer - the rest looks to be only 10% off normal TRU prices.

I use this link whenever I want to check TRU prices (if anybody can figure a way to filter out the Out of Stock items, let me know). I was surprised to see the Winter Toy Shop there - and confirmed that S@H has it again too!

Now I think borders is better.

although they increase the price but you have 40%.

such as new Slave 1, they marked it price as $95 (~20% increase?, MSPR $80 ,.btw walmart sells it at $75.XX).

so 40% off, you will get $57 plus tax..I think it is not bad ?

I was expecting 30% off, which might actually bring prices below MSRP. I guess I set my expectations too high for TRU. :sad:

Edited by happymark

Now I think borders is better.

Have you seen any HP sets at Borders yet? This question goes for anybody in the U.S. as well.

I have been checking my local Borders very frequently hoping that the HP sets will show up, but it's never a sure bet what Borders will bring in. Anybody else spotted them?