gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

Fred Meyer/Kroger in my area has nearly their entire selection (other than the newest waves) clearanced out at 20-40% off. Not sure if it's chain-wide but probably worth checking out if there is one near you.

Target is doing 20% off Star Wars stuff. It says it doesn't include sale prices, but when I grabbed Freezing Chamber (for $17.50) it rung up at $13.99.

TRU is doing a 20% as well, but I can't remember the themes - it's not everything.

As always store participation may vary...I'm in SE PA.

6 hours ago, Dadster said:

TRU is doing a 20% as well, but I can't remember the themes - it's not everything.

I believe it was for Kexo Knights and Friends (and maybe City too). But it was buy one get one for 40% off. 

Plus for the Target sale, I think Friends and City is included with the sale. 

Double Post! (Not really.) 

Meijer Stores have 70904 Clayface Splat Attack for 30% off until Saturday (10-7) so it would be $24.49 without tax. 

I think this might interest someone. 

On 11/2/2017 at 2:25 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Meijer having a couple of sets for 20% off. Ninjago sets are discounted until Saturday (the fourth). 

Plus, I noticed 75183 Darth Vader Transformation for 20% off until the 14th. (If my memory is not messing with me.) 75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter was 20% off too (at Meijer). 

I got two things wrong, first it is 75185 Tracker I not 75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter that is %20 off. Second the sale last until the 18th not the 14th for the Star Wars sets. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
I added a comment

I just got 4 (four) BrickHeadz 2 pack Rey/Kylo Ren  41489/6215564  at my local target.  Clearance for $5.98 (regular $20).

The target webpage has them for only 10cents off of original price, so, that's not a lot of help.

https://www.target.com/p/lego-174-brickheadz-limited-edition-star-wars-153-rey-153-and-kylo-ren-153-collector-s-pack/-/A-52946294

I don't care about starwars, but the price per brick was too good to pass up.

There was a bunch of so/so sales in store too.

Is it worth having a ToysRUs specific thread IF the company goes into liquidation? Current discounts/timings/finds sort of thing.

Is there a better place to read about that and participate?

I don't think that many people will be posting about LEGO finds from TRU as LEGO supposedly took back all of it's newer set stock and everything has been cleaned out rather quickly at not that much off.

18 hours ago, Maple said:

I don't think that many people will be posting about LEGO finds from TRU as LEGO supposedly took back all of it's newer set stock and everything has been cleaned out rather quickly at not that much off.

Please cite your sources, as your statement contradicts my own readings, which are:

Lego WANTS inventory back, which is a huge difference from having TAKEN everything back.  And that TRU's response has been that Lego can have back anything that is still in non-mixed shipments (i.e. in transit between Lego and TRU) with shipping costs going to Lego.

Also, the only stores that have been cleaned out of Lego are the one's previously slated to close.  The rest (the bulk of TRU US) have not yet started clearance in store AND are still getting shipments from their TRU warehouses.

And that TRU's arrangements with manufactures late 2017 and 2018 was for continued merchandise shipments.  These readings did not list Lego specifically, but there is no information to suggest Lego was not part of this agreement.

My opinion is that Lego doesn't actually want product returned, but rather is positioning itself for a better percentage of the liquidation assets.  Other 2018 reports have been that Lego has too much stock on hand already.  It is also Lego clearance seasons as the lines turn over.  These points lead me to the conclusion that having stock returned isn't great for Lego, probably better than getting shafted on the liquidation, but worse than getting a better chunk of the liquidation.

The actual date of the full US TRU clearance seems to be up in the air.  From between beginning tomorrow (22Mar2018) to beginning sometime mid April.  I hope that gets solidified soon.

TRU liquidation sales began in my area today.  My local store had everything marked 10% off....

Everything except LEGO, that is.  All LEGO products in my local store were marked down by a laughable 5%.  Interestingly, all of the Ideas sets and other DTC sets (notably, the Saturn V sets that were in stock yesterday) were mysteriously absent when the sales began today....

Well it looks like the Easter sales started. Target has 20% off on city, friends and Ninjago sets. While Meijer has buy on get on 40% off for city, friends, duplo and super heroes sets. (Both sales end on Saturday March 31.) 

On 3/23/2018 at 3:14 PM, bobasdad said:

TRU liquidation sales began in my area today.  My local store had everything marked 10% off....

Everything except LEGO, that is.  All LEGO products in my local store were marked down by a laughable 5%.  Interestingly, all of the Ideas sets and other DTC sets (notably, the Saturn V sets that were in stock yesterday) were mysteriously absent when the sales began today....

Please site your sources.... :laugh:

Everyone I know has said the same thing, the stores were cleared out of the exclusives and newer stuff, probably because LEGO took back that stock. Everything else was 5%-15% off besides old junk no one wanted when it was cheaper years ago.

TRU is putting out promo items they haven't been able to get rid of. I just picked up a Stone Armor Cole for 4.99 + 5% off. They had tons of them on the shelves - it's worth a look.

They also had all LEGO Dimensions for 10% off. Not that that reduced the price below the normal MSRP everywhere else...

I spoke to aTRU manager tiday and because the company owes so much to the Lego Company and Matel brand that certain line will be sliw to mark down.  Unfortunatly Lego chief among them

Walmart marked down allmost every Jurassic Park/World set by about 15% off. The only one that I seen that wasn't marked down was the Juniors Pteranodon Escape (10756). (I haven't seen if it's multiple stores at this time, so YMMV.) 

Well Target seems to have all their $30 sets down to $25. (I am guessing this ends Saturday. I was only half paying attention when I was looking around). 

The Mos Eisley Cantina 75205 is still available for $40 at my local Target, MSRP $50. May still be available at other locations, too.

Well it is Black Friday time again. I was looking at some ads online and this is what I found...

At Target (between 11-18/11-21) select $50 set get a $10 Target gift card...And then (between 11-22/11-24) get Y-Wing, Garma Mecha Man & Lightning Jet for $41.99 each, these are "door buster" deals. 

At Walmart (between 11-22/11-23) Classic set 10704 {900 pc.} & A Duplo set {120 pc.} For $20 each. 

At Meijer the Classic, City, Friends & Ninjago sets get 20% off (between 11-18/11-24). Plus on 11-24 you can use "Santa Bucks" coupon(s) for items over $15 to get at least $3 off. (Their is different coupons for different prices points, to save even more.) 

Edit - I was at Rule King looking for some pants that will fit me. And I found they had some LEGO set for sale. It might be worth a look if you are near one. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add comment

Meijer seems to want get rid off most of their LEGO stock because a lot of it is on clearance for about %30 off. Target was clearing stock too some of it was LEGO. 

Edit - It seems Wal-Mart started clearance of their LEGO stock yesterday (it looks to be 30% off at the moment). 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

Clearly no one will ever read this :laugh:

Target.com USA is having a big sale, TLM2 sets over $30 are 50% off, City Hospital, Sandcrawler and some others are 50% off. Some random sets like Unikitty are 60% off. And the Target Bean There, Donut That is $7.50!!! I don't know how much off that is being it was $20 then $15.

Barnes & Nobles USA online has a selection of LEGO sets discounted by 30% off. There's 152 sets. Free shipping with $35 purchase.