gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

Not really a sale, but the Alderwood Mall Lego store (Seattle area) is running a celebration this weekend for their one year anniversary as follows:

Spend $35 get the Hoth Han polybag

Spend $50 get a set of minifigures (fairly generic - a mix of stuff from the Build-a-Fig center)

Spend $75 get the Jor-El polybag

At each level you also get the previous' levels stuff. So, I bought $95 worth of product and got all three items. Should be running all weekend.

Kind of a shame about the Hoth Han... I got him last month with my $75 purchase...

Buy one, get one 50% off again at TRU, this time excluding Castle, Technic and hard to find. Got to be careful with this "sale" though, but I'll probably stop by later today and see if I can get decent discounts on certain sets despite the markup.

Meijer has many sets 25% off. A few sets were even 50% off! All the stores I went to had about 10x the Mummy set each @6$.

Primarily Monster Hunters, but there were also Spongebob and city sets in there too.

Ymmv, (Northern Indiana, SW Michigan.)

Meijer has many sets 25% off. A few sets were even 50% off! All the stores I went to had about 10x the Mummy set each @6$.

Primarily Monster Hunters, but there were also Spongebob and city sets in there too.

Ymmv, (Northern Indiana, SW Michigan.)

There's also a 15% off coupon via mPerks.

Went to Meijer this morning. Here's a (hopefully) complete list of what is on clearance:

• 3815 Heroic Heroes of the Deep-- $11.24 (25% off)
  • 3818 Bikini Bottom Undersea Party -- $37.49 (25% off)
  • 6171 My First Gas Station-- $22.49 (25% off)
  • 4631 My First Build-- $12.49 (50% off)
  • 4204 The Mine -- $74.99 (25% off)
  • 4203 Excavator Transport -- $29.99 (25% off)
  • 9469 Gandalf Arrives -- $9.74 (25% off)
  • 9463 The Werewolf -- $14.99 (25% off)
  • 9467 The Ghost Train -- $51.99 (35% off)
  • 9462 The Mummy -- $6.00 (50% off)
  • 7345 Transport Chopper -- $26.24 (25% off)
  • 6230 Stormer XL -- $18.74 (25% off)
  • 6283 Voltix -- $9.74 (25% off)
  • 6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle -- $9.74 (25% off)
  • 4432 Garbage Truck -- $9.99 (50% off)

• The Hobbit Game -- $17.49 (50% off)
  • Pirate's Plank Game -- $11.24 (25% off)
  • Creationary -- $26.22 (25% off)

Edited by getdamonkey

Went to Meijer this morning. Here's a (hopefully) complete list of what is on clearance:

• 3815 Heroic Heroes of the Deep-- $11.24 (25% off)
  • 3818 Bikini Bottom Undersea Party -- $37.49 (25% off)
  • 6171 My First Gas Station-- $22.49 (25% off)
  • 4631 My First Build-- $12.49 (50% off)
  • 4204 The Mine -- $74.99 (25% off)
  • 4203 Excavator Transport -- $29.99 (25% off)
  • 9469 Gandalf Arrives -- $9.74 (25% off)
  • 9463 The Werewolf -- $14.99 (25% off)
  • 9467 The Ghost Train -- $51.99 (35% off)
  • 9462 The Mummy -- $6.00 (50% off)
  • 7345 Transport Chopper -- $26.24 (25% off)
  • 6230 Stormer XL -- $18.74 (25% off)
  • 6283 Voltix -- $9.74 (25% off)
  • 6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle -- $9.74 (25% off)
  • 4432 Garbage Truck -- $9.99 (50% off)

• The Hobbit Game -- $17.49 (50% off)
  • Pirate's Plank Game -- $11.24 (25% off)
  • Creationary -- $26.22 (25% off)

It does appear to vary by store then...

At the 5 stores I visited:

All 5 had The Mummy at 50% off

1 store had the Spongebob sets at 50% off, the rest were 25%

1 store had The Werewolf and the Transport Chopper at 50% off, rest were 25%

1 store had Gandolf Arrives at 50%, rest were 25%

All had Hobbit at 50%

I did not see the Garbage truck at 50% at any of the 5 stores, it was either 25% off, or not for sale

I called all Meijers and Walmarts in my area. Not a single set on sale. It would be nice if we include locations. I called stores in Grand Rapids MI and Caledonia MI.

I called all Meijers and Walmarts in my area. Not a single set on sale. It would be nice if we include locations. I called stores in Grand Rapids MI and Caledonia MI.

They were marked as 'Clearance' on the shelf, not on sale in the weekly ad. Maybe the people you talked to were only aware of the ad?

I suppose they could be all sold out already too. I have noticed that sets disappear much faster when they are marked on clearance in the regular shelves vs on the end cap / clearance section.

The stores I went to were South Bend, IN, Mishawaka, IN (x2), Stevensville, MI, and Benton Harbor, MI

Edited by Prune Face

They were marked as 'Clearance' on the shelf, not on sale in the weekly ad. Maybe the people you talked to were only aware of the ad?

I suppose they could be all sold out already too. I have noticed that sets disappear much faster when they are marked on clearance in the regular shelves vs on the end cap / clearance section.

The stores I went to were South Bend, IN, Mishawaka, IN (x2), Stevensville, MI, and Benton Harbor, MI

I felt as the employees weren't really familiar with what I was asking. Then again I did not want to drive 100 miles in the circle to see who has the best clearance. Will hit one of them in a few hours.

I miss my grad school days at the University of Michigan and having a Meijer close by; unfortunately there's none down here in the South, but I'll have to check Walmart and see if they have anything worth mentioning (though the three area ones rarely do).

Target is doing a summer clearance event.

Most Creator, Some duplo, most spongebob, some LOTR and the larger galaxy squad 30% off

Target is doing a summer clearance event.

Most Creator, Some duplo, most spongebob, some LOTR and the larger galaxy squad 30% off

My store (South Bend, IN) had the same (theme, I would assume) sets on clearance for anywhere between 10-30% off. Only 1 or 2 were at 30%, most were less.

My store (South Bend, IN) had the same (theme, I would assume) sets on clearance for anywhere between 10-30% off. Only 1 or 2 were at 30%, most were less.

One of my targets lowewred clearance prices and added a few jems. Wolverine's Showdown (sold out when I got there) and the lone ranger army builder

Picked up a Mines of Moria and Creator Highway Pick-up for $56 each, and a Mirkwood Spider set for $25.48 at Target today, not bad. They had the Uruk Army for $25 as well, but I passed- I already have two, so I'd need a better discount to justify that one.

I'm going to wait it out and see what's left over when the discounts go 50%. I've had good luck before!

Oh, good. I was wondering when people were going to start posting about Target. I'm seeing a number of sets going down in price--some of the clearance tags have a second clearance tag on top. Last summer, I found some stuff at Target at 50% off by early August, so my suspicion is that stuff will gradually drop over the next few weeks. I found a Creator Small Cottage for $21 two weeks ago; this week, it's at $17-ish.

Stuff I'm seeing reduced: Architecture sets; the X-Wing Planet Set; the Monster Fighters Hearse; the City Museum Break-In; some LOTR stuff (Mirkwood Spiders comes to mind); some of the smaller Creator sets; and I'm not sure what else. One Target had a pair of Avengers Quinjets for about $50, but since it's normally a $70 set, I'm hoping it goes down to $35. I got two Sith Infiltrators for $35 each earlier this year--I think that's half the original price. Target rarely seems to go below 50%.

Amazon has some pretty good prices already. For example, a set of LotR I got was $83 (pretax) at Toys R Us, $75 (pretax) at Target, $70 (pretax) at Walmart, [out of curiosity Meijer $70 (pre tax)], and $55 (no tax, free shipping) at Amazon. I do have Prime, however, so that may also be a factor.

My local Targets are starting to go a bit lower. I've seen the Creator Fierce Flyer and Red Rotors go down to 50% or less. One Target has the Monster Fighters hearse at $25--I'm hoping that it goes down to $17, which will be half price. I'm also seeing some of the Games--specifically City Chase, The Hobbit, and Ninjago--down to pretty cheap. I'm pretty sure City Chase was about $6.

The Target I checked today still has most of the sets on clearance at ~20-30%. Hobbit game was 50% off.

Edited by Prune Face

Finally found the Vampyre Hearse at $17-ish at Target, which is 50% off. I've seen the Werewolf set at $10 (also 50%), though I'm not keen on that set. I also got the Creator Carnivorous Creatures for $9-ish (50% off) and Creator Fierce Flyer for $4.50 (normal $16, so that's almost 66% off). Finally, they had that Bricks and More Blue Suitcase for $12.

I'm bummed that a lot of Target's clearance stock seems to have been wiped out, though. One of the Targets I usually hit had a huge clearance section last year; there's really very little left this time.

On Tuesday I went to a Target up in Niles hoping to find a last hidden clearance item, but saw nothing. However, they had the Goblin Battle on a price reduction for $65, so I grabbed that. The Target on State Street downtown did not have that offer or any Goblin sets at all.

My Walmart (South Bend, IN) was bringing in new stock, clearing out the old, and rearranging the toys section.

On clearance for 30% off:

9493 X-wing Starfighter

6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

3818 Bikini Bottom Undersea Party

9472 Attack on Weathertop

75004 Z-95 Headhunter

And a city set, but I don't remember which one, maybe the garbage truck.

Target at manhattan beach, CA, has 2 monster fighter sets and 1 the hobbit set on deep discount.

- the goblin king $65 (from $99)

- the crazy scientist & his monster $35 (from $50)

- the ghost train $40 (from $80)

YoYo.com is having a 20% off sale. The 20% off only applies to a single item and likely doesn't apply to already on sale items. Coupon code for the 20% off is 20LABORDAY (no max). If you have a referral code you can tack on another 20% off, making a 40% discount. Free shipping on orders $35+. Link to their LEGO sets: http://www.yoyo.com/buy/Brand=LEGO?

All in all, not a bad sale with the total 40% off.

My Walmart (South Bend, IN) was bringing in new stock, clearing out the old, and rearranging the toys section.

On clearance for 30% off:

9493 X-wing Starfighter

6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

3818 Bikini Bottom Undersea Party

9472 Attack on Weathertop

75004 Z-95 Headhunter

And a city set, but I don't remember which one, maybe the garbage truck.

In addition to those above...

9473 The Mines of Moria

70705 Bug Obliterator

79003 An Unexpected Gathering

9500 Sith Interceptor

7346 Seaside House

79002 Attack of the Wargs

79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders

Star Wars Planet Series 2 and Series 3