gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

Target has some good Lego LOTR sales this week.

Helm's Deep: MSRP $129.99 / Sale $98.80

Mines of Moria: MSRP $79.99 / Sale: $58.90

Looks like TRU is offering the Coffin Car on $20 Monster Fighter set purchases. Makes me wish the MF line had an army-builder Zombie set already.

In taking another look, it seems the MF sets are, of course, marked up around $2-5 each.

Edited by Hawkman

They also have the Friends Desk polybag free with any Friends purchase of $20 or more. And the Big Great TRU Book is out and has some deals as well. Many of them simply bring the prices down to MSRP, but there are some actual deals too, such as the Epic Dragon Battle for $40 off (which is just $20 off of MSRP, but still not a bad deal). Click here to see all their promotions.

In Italy, "Bennet" supermarkets have the new Christmas promotions:

5886 T-rex Hunter at € 49,90 (- € 20)

7938 Passenger Train at € 69,90 (- € 40)

4440 Forest Police Station at € 49,90 (- € 20)

9468 Vampyre Castle at € 69,90 (- € 30)

8070 Supercar at € 79,90 (- € 35)

9493 X-wing Starfighter at € 49,90 (- € 20)

66392 DUPLO Cars super-pack at € 49,90

5649 DUPLO Big Farm at € 42,90 (- € 17)

EDIT - "Iper" supermarkets also have similar offers (almost all the same sets and prices).

Here in the UK, Toys R Us are selling a lot of LEGO sets reduced, LOTR Mines of Moria for £49.99 (£20 off.) Also the Two-Face chase set is now £44.99 (£5 off), Catwoman chase £9.99 (£2 off) and The Quinjet is £64.99 (£5 off.) Ewok attack £19.99 (£6 off), Battle For Geonosis £39.99 (£5 off), Geonosian cannon £16.21 (£3.78 off), Swamp speeder is half price and The Malevolence is £94.99 (£15 off.)

BTW there is a lot more than this, you will have to check out the Toys R Us website.

Does anybody (Mainly my fellow Americans) know if there are any post-Halloween sales on Monster Fighter sets? I'd love to hear if there are any going on besides the TRU one, which isn't exactly a sale in my eyes. :laugh:

I'm going to visit my local Target and see if they have any Ghost polybags left!

Thanks!

TRU has the following sales this week, which aren't too bad:

City Fishing Boat: MSRP $20 / Sale $15

City Passenger Plane: MSRP $40 / Sale $30

City Police Dog Van: MSRP $35 / Sale $30

Target has the following sales:

DC Super Heroes The Batcave: MSRP $70 / Sale $56.09 (note this is listed as an online price, but their ad lists Super Hero sets on sale)

DC Super Heroes Battle Over Gotham: MSRP $35 / Sale $29.49 (see above)

Marvel Super Heroes Hulk Breakout: MSRP $50 / Sale $43.79 (see above)

Star Wars TIE Fighter: MSRP $55 / Sale $40.79 (see above)

Star Wars Anakin and Sebulba Podracer: MSRP $90 / Sale $70 (see above)

Edited by Hawkman

Does anyone know when the Monster Fighters sets (specifically the castle) will go on sale on Amazon? It was at about $85 a few weeks before Halloween, and has been gradually increasing in price to $99.97 now. Weren't these sets supposed to get cheaper after Halloween?

Does anyone know when the Monster Fighters sets (specifically the castle) will go on sale on Amazon? It was at about $85 a few weeks before Halloween, and has been gradually increasing in price to $99.97 now. Weren't these sets supposed to get cheaper after Halloween?

They'll get cheaper next summer when they're not normal stock anymore. These aren't "halloween" sets, they're a regular line.

They'll get cheaper next summer when they're not normal stock anymore. These aren't "halloween" sets, they're a regular line.

Thanks. I knew they weren't Halloween sets, but I'd been hearing a lot of speculation in the MF thread that they were going to get cheaper after Halloween.

Thanks. I knew they weren't Halloween sets, but I'd been hearing a lot of speculation in the MF thread that they were going to get cheaper after Halloween.

I would guess they might get clearanced towards the end of the year to make space for other things from the winter wave, like The Hobbit and TMNT.

TRU is running 25% off select sets for this week 11th-17th. Given their usual mark-up of 10%, looks like you still might be able to find a decent deal. Note that only select sets are applicable and they had about 18 sets listed.

Walmart has LOTR Helm's Deep at $105 listed online and in-stock. They also have the SW Millennium Falcon at $99.97 online, though that is out of stock.

Target has an ad in their weekly deals for 7962 Anakin & Sebulba Podracers for $30

TRU price matched the $30, so quickly go into Target and ask for the ad and then take it to TRU (if your Target doesn't have any in stock) or WM

Walmart has LOTR Helm's Deep at $105 listed online and in-stock. They also have the SW Millennium Falcon at $99.97 online, though that is out of stock.

I did a site to store on the MF since it is out of stock online, probably clearing out their back-stock. So try to find it at a local store if possible. I tried multiple WM around me and all showed available online but then they would cancel my order because it wasn't available, until I finally found one that worked. Good luck.

Target has an ad in their weekly deals for 7962 Anakin & Sebulba Podracers for $30

TRU price matched the $30, so quickly go into Target and ask for the ad and then take it to TRU (if your Target doesn't have any in stock) or WM

I also saw that error. They have the wrong set in the pick, so I could see how it might work for price matching. Now it looks like Target's error may not effect them, but may effect everyone else with a price match policy. Not fair for them.

I also saw that error. They have the wrong set in the pick, so I could see how it might work for price matching. Now it looks like Target's error may not effect them, but may effect everyone else with a price match policy. Not fair for them.

I was about to say, a savings of $60...that's a better than Black Friday deal! I'll have to try price matching at TRU (nothing lost but a bit of gas if they refuse), assuming Target didn't come out with a revised ad when I go pick one up tomorrow.

Fred Meyers has an online coupon for 25% off all toys that's good till Nov 21st. Won't stack with their usual 10% home coupon, though.

Today I was at the LEGO store at Water Tower Place, and select sets were 20% off. I saw the Y-wing, Hoth Base, and the Podracers from Star Wars, Red Cargo Train, Police Station and Police Truck from CITY, Kingdom Joust and Mini-modulars from Exclusives, and series 8 minifigs and Star wars Avent Calendar were 50% off.

I picked up a Joust set for $96, plus an extra 10% on a scratch off card and got the free holiday set and two pick-a-brick boxes- not as good as last years Emerald Night for 30% off, but I'm not complaining. Happy shopping!

I'm not sure if this is store specific, but my local Lego store (Discover Mills outside Atlanta) has a few deep in store discounts this weekend. The best is they have the 10223 Kingdoms Joust set with a 20% discount. (30% if your total purchase is over $150). Well worth the price.

TRU has BOGO 1/2 off on ALL Legos - though be careful with their jacked-up prices, because it means you don't really save that much.

Target has the Marvel Avengers Hulk Escape set for $40 / MSRP $49.99

Great deal, Helms Deep is definitely the set worth getting with this generous mark down.

Edited by Donut