Dotted across southwest Avalonia are stone shrines, built by the wandering orders in sites of beauty, need, or miracles. These shrines are ignored by the majority if Historicans traveling through, but in Burnby and a few other places, it isn't uncommon to see small offerings of flowers or gold laid on the statue bases. Due to their reputation as holy sites, many have small cemeteries nearby where the faithful can be buried.

15320214269_2fb341656a_c.jpg

15483970556_2dff7d6cf6_c.jpg

15320454468_4b03a5ff1e_c.jpg

15320457118_68bc9857ed_c.jpg

15504043441_8bd61900f2_c.jpg

15507209645_0f2ddab16c_c.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________

I've had this built for quite awhile (as you can probably tell by the dust- oops), and just got around to taking pictures of it. I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, even if it is rather simple. I'd also like to claim the fI'll owing credits:

Roof rakes

Countryside scene

Nice little build! I rather like the shrine- cool statue, and I like how you've surrounded it with smaller microfig statues!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

I can give you a +1 on the Countryside Scene, but the roof rake credit doesn't apply here. What is meant by this is the detailing on the underside of a roof overhang.

What a lovely vignette! I really like it - its a well rounded thing all around - I really like the two candles burned to different degree.

The groundwork and all the little architectural details are great! :thumbup:

One of the amazing thing in GoH is, that it really shows that both vignettes and "bignettes" can be awesome reminds us all not to feel too limited by our collections! :sweet:

I really like the feel this has! It is old and overgrown but the locals seems to keep the structure clean and nice as they really care for the building! The little cross is great! What piece is in the middle?

Neat little build, good job with the green coming over the walkway! +1 on the countryside scene, but like gedren said, there aren't any roof rakes here.

Nice build, good use of the CMF bases, and nice foliage.

Thanks! Glad you like it.

Awesome cross building technique! Think I might steal it :wink:

Fine by me, I know I stole it to begin with!

Nice little build! I rather like the shrine- cool statue, and unlike how you've surrounded it with smaller microfig statues!

Thanks! I was inspired by different paintings I've seen where the main figure was surrounded by saints or Angels.

I can give you a +1 on the Countryside Scene, but the roof rake credit doesn't apply here. What is meant by this is the detailing on the underside of a roof overhang.

Thanks! And don't worry I understand. I was under the impression that the rakes were just the edge of the roof. Thanks for straightening me out.

What a lovely vignette! I really like it - its a well rounded thing all around - I really like the two candles burned to different degree.

The groundwork and all the little architectural details are great! :thumbup:

One of the amazing thing in GoH is, that it really shows that both vignettes and "bignettes" can be awesome reminds us all not to feel too limited by our collections! :sweet:

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like the details, they're always my favorite part to work in. And yeah, big and little can both be great if you utilize you parts the best you can.

I really like the feel this has! It is old and overgrown but the locals seems to keep the structure clean and nice as they really care for the building! The little cross is great! What piece is in the middle?

Thanks! That's the feel I was going for. The piece in the middle is a 1x1 round tile. The clips just clip on to the sides.

Neat little build, good job with the green coming over the walkway! +1 on the countryside scene, but like gedren said, there aren't any roof rakes here.

Thanks! I might subtract that claim as that seems to be the general consensus.

I really like your "shrine"! The micro figs around the minifig are both cool and creepy at the same time.

Nice little build, I concur the structure is simple, but it is nonetheless very well made and appropriate :thumbup: . UoP DoH +1 for countryside scene

I really like your "shrine"! The micro figs around the minifig are both cool and creepy at the same time.

Thanks!

Nice little build, I concur the structure is simple, but it is nonetheless very well made and appropriate :thumbup: . UoP DoH +1 for countryside scene

Thanks! I'm glad you think it's good.

UoP +1 for the countryside scene, but I agree with Kai and gedren for the roof rakes. I'd give you a credit for the grass roofing technique instead of on your other build (http://www.eurobrick...3). I also really like how you made the cross.

Edited by BrickCurve

Great vignette here. Lot's going on here without it feeling overly busy and it's also a very nice execution of a simple (good) idea.

UoP +1 for the countryside scene, but I agree with Kai and gedren for the roof rakes. I'd give you a credit for the grass roofing technique instead of on your other build (http://www.eurobrick...3). I also really like how you made the cross.

Okay sounds good! And thanks, it's not my design though.

Great vignette here. Lot's going on here without it feeling overly busy and it's also a very nice execution of a simple (good) idea.

Thanks! I'm glad it's not cluttered feeling!

The shrine is well done :) and the foliage is very well done and the leafy roof add to the overgrown feel :)

Thanks a bunch!

Very nice! I like the small figs behind the minifig statue... Gives a bit of an asian temple feel to it.

Lovely little build! It has the kind of look I would expect from a shrine somewhere on a fantasy/medieval countryside :classic:

Very well executed! Great job

Thank you!

Great little build! Rather nice details, particularly that cross.

Thanks! I stole it, but I don't remember where from.

Nice little shrine! Great job man! :)

Thanks a lot!

Very nice! I like the small figs behind the minifig statue... Gives a bit of an asian temple feel to it.

Thanks! That's interesting and cool!

Lovely little build! It has the kind of look I would expect from a shrine somewhere on a fantasy/medieval countryside :classic:

Thanks! It means a lot.

Excellent shrine, the tree growing next to/onto it looks great :thumbup:

Good use for all those microfigs as well :classic:

Nice build, Carson!

I especially like the amount of detail packed into this small build. The arch over the opening is nice on top and bottom, and I think the microfigs are well utilized here. That tree in back is very nice.

The only suggestion I have for improvement is that the roof and stone ends do not match up very well. The roof might look better if you somehow incorporated a bend to make it better follow the end shape, or if the cheese wedges on the arch were raised individually on plates to follow the edge-line of the roof.

Brick on, Carson!