Galen82

(MOD) 75053 - The Ghost

Hello all, my very first post here on the forums. I recently purchased the Ghost from Star Wars Rebels and felt the set didn't really do the ship justice, hence I played around with modding her. I decided to extend the cockpit section longer by 2 stubs, and smoothening the slope on her dorsal side. Also made big changes to her under belly, basically covering the big holes in the under hull and making the landing pad housings taller. Lastly i removed the detachable feature of the Phantom, and modified her aft hull to fill up the space on the Ghost. Pls do leave some comments on what you guys think. Am kinda new to this :

O43OJD.jpg

eXSNAn.jpg

iTCBDi.jpg

xIZIAS.jpg

Z3dsPl.jpg

EwRt2z.jpg

3UR37H.jpg

ILZlFC.jpg

0YFzC8.jpg

Even though we do not have much for references as far as engineering photos and blueprints for this particular ship, the mods you've made look pretty good. :thumbup: I think the feet should be larger and built more like the other Corellian freighters of similar design. What you have here looks really good though, from the one time I saw the Rebels tv show.

Very nice. The only downside I see is now that you've essentially put the Phantom in backwards, you lose the rear-facing cannons, which have actually already been used in the show. (Even if we haven't seen the Phantom separate from the Ghost yet.)

Yea about the Phantom, there are source and concept art that showed it docked head in, engines out as well. I based it off those images I found on the internet. Could always reverse it and play with the design again in the future when more episodes of Rebels is seen. :)

I like the ghost a lot more now having seen the show, the lego version looks too dumpy to me. Your mods are an improvement, although I think it really needs to be longer and wider and less clean looking

Cool stuff I think we'll see some neat mods come from this set as more of the ship is revealed. I expect to see a minifig scale Ghost before too long too :)

I know the concept art online shows the phantom facing inwards but if you watch the "machine in the ghost" video short, you'll see that the Phantom does face backwards - the way Lego has it facing. Unfortunately though, they still haven't shown the Phantom in the show though. I watched the most recent episode (not sure if it's considered episode 2 or 3) and they still haven't shown it.

? Chopper shoots a TIE with the Phantom's cannon in Spark... Although it is kind of a blink and you'll miss it moment.

Edited by rollermonkey

Yea i remember that in Sparks. The way i see it it might be possible for the Phantom to dock both ways haha. Anyhow I found this image to be most useful as reference. In the long run I plan to widen and lengthen the ship to be more accurate as well as give it more space to fit minifigs inside.

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/07/ghost-rebels-visual-guide.jpg

I like your modifications. Your elongation of the nose is similar to my own modifications I posted a few months back, yet you built it differently. I would've also moved the cockpit 1 stud forward, thereby elongating the ridge in between the cockpit and the dorsal gun turret. I especially like how you incorporated the phantom into the build, even though it's facing the wrong way. That's artistic licence. Are you planning on building retractable landing gear?

The only way to make the Ghost look less stubby is building a larger version. Yes, in minifig-scale the Ghost would be too big to be handled comfortably, and also turn out to be quite heavy. I'm currently in the process of building the Ghost from scratch in half minifig scale and have come quite a long way. I only have the docking area to finish, the engines and the upper fuselage behind the dorsal gun turret with the phantom docking area. It will be finished, soon, and be posted here at Eurobricks. It's really large and heavy, even at half minifig scale.

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Hi. I'm super late, but recently got The Ghost as a gift. Looking to MOD but wanted some ideas. Do you have these photos up somewhere?

Thanks.