ChrisPhilpot

MOC: Back to the Future Libyan Terrorists

Interesting little Kombi van and some mean looking characters......isn't one of them Lord Business ? :wink:

Brick On 'ChrisPhilpot' ! :grin:

Good work! interesting choice for a model.

Thanks! I was actually challenged to make it. I posted a photo of my DeLorean (a Christmas present) on Facebook, and someone joked I ought to have Libyans in a VW to chase it. And I delivered! :wink:

Oh God, yes! From my favourite movies! Incredible job.

Thanks so much! :grin:

Great work! I'd love to get the LDD of this!

Better a little late than never: BTTF DeLorean and VW Camper.lxf – you'll have to substitute a few pieces which weren't available in LDD. But I've added a couple of bonus items not visible in the photos above! :classic:

The camper looks nice. Obviously it is based on a - probably expired - Cuusoo/Ideas project by somebody else, but since legopirate85 (thanks for the link) doesn't provide a name it's quite difficult to find the original designer. (Btw. the complete design of the teardrop trailer combined with the camper - "a design I saw on mocpages or something a while back" - is taken from mijasper, but he doesn't name him either.) On the other hand your version isn't that close to legopirate's design.

Anyhow my main point here is the following: Under no circumstances you may combine a 6w (or 6w+, as I call it due to the mudguards) VW camper with a 10w DeLorean which clearly isn't minifig scale. If you place them side by side you will see that it doesn't work. The maximum width of a DeLorean in minifig scale would be 7w. That means you should either widen the VW camper to at least 8w (which is possible) or shrink the DeLorean to 7w or 6w (which admittedly is quite difficult) to make them go well with each other.