Donatello

Pet Shop contains different parts then in the manual

Hey guys,

I bought the Modular Pet Shop last week to build with my girlfriend and while building I noticed that instead of a fence, 4 wide with 2 knobs on top (part number 4185652) I had a fence 4 wide with 4 knobs (part number 6066113) on top. Did this part replaced the other one somewhere in the production run or is this a fault at the factory? I am also missing a grey 4 by 1 flat piece, I never had those "failures" with my Lego kits before.

The manual:

I0mPtMb.jpg

What I got:

AAZPJAk.jpg

It's easily explained. Lego chaged that part and didn't update the printed booklet.

It's usual.

Hey guys,

I bought the Modular Pet Shop last week to build with my girlfriend and while building I noticed that instead of a fence, 4 wide with 2 knobs on top (part number 4185652) I had a fence 4 wide with 4 knobs (part number 6066113) on top. Did this part replaced the other one somewhere in the production run or is this a fault at the factory? I am also missing a grey 4 by 1 flat piece, I never had those "failures" with my Lego kits before.

That's funny, I'm also missing the 4x1 grey flat piece, did you decide to complain to lego and ask for a replacement? I'm sort of on the edge about it, I mean its a pretty common part, but at the same time don't like getting such an expensive set and have parts missing to it. I took away the one that goes under the third floor at the level of the stairs in the blue building to include it on the window build of the same third floor, which is when I noticed I was missing it.

That's funny, I'm also missing the 4x1 grey flat piece, did you decide to complain to lego and ask for a replacement? I'm sort of on the edge about it, I mean its a pretty common part, but at the same time don't like getting such an expensive set and have parts missing to it.

TLG has excellent customer service and they like to know if something is wrong with a set. If it happens more often, it's either a packaging error or a mistake that a lot of people make while building. :wink:

I am also missing a grey 4 by 1 flat piece, I never had those "failures" with my Lego kits before.

A 1x4 dark red plate was missing from my Fire Brigade Set (never happened to me before). I asked Lego for a replacement and they sent me the piece within two weeks.

Edited by Gongoro73

It's easily explained. Lego chaged that part and didn't update the printed booklet.

It's usual.

Ok that's what I thought, I like the old ones more but it is what it is.

That's funny, I'm also missing the 4x1 grey flat piece, did you decide to complain to lego and ask for a replacement? I'm sort of on the edge about it, I mean its a pretty common part, but at the same time don't like getting such an expensive set and have parts missing to it. I took away the one that goes under the third floor at the level of the stairs in the blue building to include it on the window build of the same third floor, which is when I noticed I was missing it.

Yeah I'm going to mail customer service about the missing piece, I was missing it for brown building staircase upper step(above the toilet doorway). I put a 3x1 piece from another set in its place

mHgRtCy.jpg

Here's something weird, both the fence with 2 knobs and the fence with 4 knobs are available on bricks n pieces. In fact the 2 knob version is 4 pence cheaper on the UK shop.

I bought the pet shop a month ago and got the fence with 4 studs instead of 2.

There was one other wierd thing.

Instead of the green torso with the sweater print 4586882.jpg I got the green Hydra torso print 6065718.jpgfrom the Captian America set.

I contacted Lego and got the correct torso since the pet shop boy looked pretty silly dressed up as the Hydra.

Hey guys,

The manual:

I0mPtMb.jpg

What I got:

AAZPJAk.jpg

Mine has the same parts as yours. Strange.

I bought the Pet shop first of October and in my set one of the fence pieces is 2-stud and the other 2 are of the 4-stud kind.

Weird, but no real issue to me.

I bought the Pet shop first of October and in my set one of the fence pieces is 2-stud and the other 2 are of the 4-stud kind.

Weird, but no real issue to me.

Usually, lego doesn't distinguish between different molds of the same piece. For example, you'll often find 1x2 jumpers with and without bottom groove within the same set.

Of course, 4 studs instead of two is a much more noticable difference.

This describes how poor is the Quality department at Lego !.......This should not happened at all!!!!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

My older PS has the 2stud fence parts, matching the instruction manual, no missing parts. I did notice the same substitution with the railings on the PR set though. On that set, the top of the fence parts are covered with tile pieces, so the difference is hidden.

There was one other wierd thing.

Instead of the green torso with the sweater print 4586882.jpg I got the green Hydra torso print 6065718.jpgfrom the Captian America set.

I contacted Lego and got the correct torso since the pet shop boy looked pretty silly dressed up as the Hydra.

How odd... At least you got an exclusive piece. The wrong piece, but an exclusive one.

This describes how poor is the Quality department at Lego !.......This should not happened at all!!!!

A missing piece should not happen. Still: I hve found myself thinking I was missing a pioece quite often and all those times I made a mistake (used a wrong piece earlier in the build) or the piece hid itself in a crease in the bag it came in.

Pieces from a different mold are not a problem, as long as you can still build the set with it. I've had sets with the fences above with 2 and 4 knobs mixed with the manual only showing one or the other.

When I bought the Pet Shop a few months after its release, I was missing a 1x6 brick and had two extra 1x4 bricks. I filed an online request for the replacement part and received it a week or two later. The only complaint I have is the shipping time, as the part came from Europe to the US. You would think TLG could send a common part from a US facility to expedite the process.

Seriously? I'd wager that no other company in the world sells so many different parts in such vast quantities, in so many iterations (sets), to so many locations, and with so few errors. I don't usually sing the high praises for everything that TLG does, but their quality control and resolution of the few issues that arise via customer service are absolutely A1, top-notch.

OP, call customer service, or use the missing pieces link on the website. You'll get your missing part sent out to you surprisingly quickly, and with apologies from TLG. You paid for the part, and they are more than willing to get it to you.

Edited by rollermonkey

A missing piece should not happen. Still: I hve found myself thinking I was missing a pioece quite often and all those times I made a mistake (used a wrong piece earlier in the build) or the piece hid itself in a crease in the bag it came in.

Pieces from a different mold are not a problem, as long as you can still build the set with it. I've had sets with the fences above with 2 and 4 knobs mixed with the manual only showing one or the other.

The problem is if you buy many sets and if in some sets you have: wrong/missing/broken parts and then you call lego for this, they will tell u: you are abusing our policy for requesting parts.

My self i order huge quantities every 2 months and lets say 50%-70% i get issues like: damaged stickers, Manuals,..etc....i called Lego and they said: we blocked your account cos you are abusing our policy. i had a long talk with them on phone explaining : this is how you treat your regular customer??....every time i say something, they keep saying: you have abused our policy..till i talked to the supervisor and told him: you better check your sets before releasing them in store to avoid any missing, wrong and damaged sets or you should not block without any notice...after long talk they informed they will pass this to concern people to see if they can remove the block. Now it is 3rd day no single news from them!.

I am soo annoyed about their customer services and how they act!

I had the same fence "issue" (which is not really one to me) with the Parisian Restaurant :

yXNzgfn.jpg

I don't know how you get so many issues as to have a block. Since I've come out of the dark ages, I've bought probably 100 sets, and have been missing 2, maybe 3 parts across the past 2 years.

If you're buying 100 sets a month and calling them every month for missing parts, you ARE abusing the system, in a different way.

I get curled up manuals and sticker sometimes, but I would NEVER call to get those replaced.

Edited by rollermonkey

I don't know how you get so many issues as to have a block. Since I've come out of the dark ages, I've bought probably 100 sets, and have been missing 2, maybe 3 parts across the past 2 years.

If you're buying 100 sets a month and calling them every month for missing parts, you ARE abusing the system, in a different way.

I get curled up manuals and sticker sometimes, but I would NEVER call to get those replaced.

I started calling them after i saw there is no replies to my mails.

They also should respect those who buy bulky sets ftom them not just turning them down!

After all, i am paying for these

Edited by VintageLegoEra

In all my 8 modulars (PR will be built soon) never seen any abnormalities of the parts. I can tell in TH instead of studded long 1x1 brick as per the manual, i got hollow one. Thats it! and this doesn't make a big concern for me.

Hmm I bought PR last month and it came with the fence 1x4 with four studs. I assumed that they just updated the piece and had not done so for the instruction manual. Wasn't a big deal to me. What was a big deal was the transparent 1x2 tile with a clear line cracking the piece and a scratch on the PR sign. :sad: Thankfully TLG customer service issued a new one promptly.

Edited by Wodanis