Adeel Zubair

MOC: LEGO Modular Building - LEGO Brand Store (WIP)

I will be revisiting my LEGO Store Modular Building. I feel I still haven seen a definitive LEGO Store besides L@go's LEGO Store on Flickr: LEGO Store 2

Hopefully one day LEGO does release a LEGO Brand Store Modular Building. But for now you can enjoy mine.

Here is my previous LEGO Store Modular Building:

https://www.flickr.c...tream/lightbox/

Minifigure Scale LEGO Sets:

14689633149_e950d8c190_z.jpgLEGO Minifigure Scale LEGO Set - Tower of Orthanc (10243) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

14876556835_aa6e5245e1_z.jpgLEGO Minifigure Scale LEGO Set - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (10220) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

14691708657_7769c22139_z.jpgLEGO Minifigure Scale LEGO Set - Sydney Opera House (10234) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

14697353028_6f8bd067c1_z.jpgLEGO Minifigure Scale LEGO Set - Arkham Asylum Breakout (10937) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

If you want to see more click here: https://www.flickr.c...7646319243991/#

14895958055_01ef62b411_z.jpgLEGO Modular Building - LEGO Brand Store - The Gallery by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

In this picture I have shown how the minifigure scale models would look in the LEGO Store ‘the gallery.’ I have chosen to display several different sized models to show the different sized display stands: MetalBeard's Sea Cow (70810), Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (10220) and Sopwith Camel (10226)

15259201759_19e96ddaa9_z.jpgLEGO Modular Building - LEGO Brand Store - Building Station by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

Those Green and Medium Stone Grey 2x2 plates represent 32x32 baseplates. The assembly in between is what the LEGO elements sit in. Those studs represent LEGO elements that would be available for the customers to build with.

15260812368_bca8ba0ae5_z.jpgLEGO Modular Building - LEGO Brand Store - Mini Master Builder Bar by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

Not only can you try the LEGO online games at the Mini Master Builder Bar, but you can also check out the latest LEGO news on LEGO.com and find detailed information on LEGO sets on shop.LEGO.com

I could only fit two computer monitors on the ‘4x4 Round W. Snap’ I have added two additional chairs for parents who want to rest. As you can see as I didn’t have space for a third monitor I also couldn’t space for smaller building stations on the tables, plus it would just be the same thing all over again. The final LEGO Brand Store Modular Building will have ‘Brick Ø16 W. Cross’ instead of the two ‘Round 2x2 Plate’ and ‘Flat Tile 2x2 Round’ for the minifigures to be able to sit on the chairs.

15289825137_7a9822e631_z.jpgLEGO Modular Building - LEGO Brand Store - Counter by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

This is were you buy those amazing sets.

Due to the lack of space in a modular building, I need to make the store counter smaller so I based this on the counter in the Rockefeller Center. However I did make small changes to the counter comparing with other counters in LEGO Stores. worldwide.

14824013842_c2b1c6888e_z.jpgLEGO Mini Wooden Duck Toy by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

This model was inspired by Garett Yoshimura's LEGO Wooden Turtle: https://flic.kr/p/osFWLj

This is Mini model of LEGO Duck (2011) set. I will be placing this mini model in the LEGO Brand Store Modular Building.

14780738838_42cb538403_z.jpgLEGO Mini Ole Kirk's House by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

This is Mini model of Ole Kirk's House (4000007) set. I will be placing this mini model in the LEGO Brand Store Modular Building.

Any updates on this MOC will be posted on this thread or on Flickr: https://www.flickr.c...7646319243991/#

Please leave your thoughts, opinions and suggestions down below.

These are very well made and would look great in any modular LEGO store. A couple of the sets are probably a bit off scale, but most of them are easily recognisable. I really like the Orthanc and the Opera House :)

Oh, and thank you very much for your kind words! I appreciate that.

Edited by L@go

Thanks, no problem. I do understand some are off scale but had to be because how small LEGO elements come and not all of the mini sets would be used in the final model just some of them that look well and recognisable :)

I didn't think one could render Sydney Opera House with so few bricks... :oh:

Nice job also on Orthanc and the Sopwith Camel...

While the microscale LEGO sets would belong in Special, the overall project is fits better in Town, I think, so I'm moving this to the Town forum.

Great work so far.

This looks awesome! This motivates me to work on that minifig-scale Mall of America LEGO Store I posted about but never finished. :tongue:

-Sci

Those are some pretty good interior parts! I'm not really recognizing the Ole Kirk house, but Metal Beard's Sea Cow, Sopwith Camel and duck look great!

that's looks great!

I want to desing my own lego store and this will be helpful for my desing

15671093670_f6b1ba20a5_z.jpgArchitecture Building Technique (WIP) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

This replicates one of the techniques I will be using for the architecture of the LEGO Store.

15857806792_161616e64f_z.jpgWindow Design (WIP) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

This is a possible window design for the third floor of the LEGO Store modular building. The original design just had the barrier however as I was walking past a building a few days ago I discovered that I could use a hanging plant pot on the barrier. Using the jumper plates for the window made this have a sense of realism and depth.

Adeel

Interesting ideas......are you going to one day brick build this once you have finished designing it on LDD ? :wink:

Brick On LDD On 'Adeel' ! :grin:

^^Hopefully if I can compromise with colours. I used the extended LDD so it allows me to use a piece in any colour. If I have used a piece that doesn't exist I may have to change the colour scheme when physically building it.

LEGO Brand Store - Displays:

21388997450_42e7c6d804_z.jpgLEGO Store Display - Kwik-E-Mart (71016) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

21620452692_c46f37f484_z.jpgLEGO Store Display - Ferris Wheel (10247) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

21640842401_68963fb634_z.jpgLEGO Store Display - Temple of Airjitzu (70751) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

27966983856_1d238426dd_z.jpgLEGO Brand Store - The Village (21128) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

27923784041_32beed26ec_z.jpgLEGO Brand Store - Ghostbusters, Firehouse Headquarters (75827) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

27923782711_e2412291f7_z.jpgLEGO Brand Store - Maze (21305) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

27899363682_60b9312b5f_z.jpgLEGO Brand Store - Statue of Liberty (3450) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

Suggestions and ideas for other existing sets to display in my LEGO Brand Store are welcome :)

WIP: LEGO Brand Store (Modular Building)

Nice mini-builds. The Maze is a little.....simplistic, shall we say? :grin:

I like the HQ the most.

Thanks! Yup, it ain't worth displaying the Maze in the store however It does feature a rotatable maze! It would need to have a printed tile with simple lines to fully appreciate it. Though I'm trying to avoid any custom elements or prints in my MOC's, I'm trying to stay a purist and dealing with existing elements by LEGO! :P