See the previous parts of the story:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

After the incident in Teridyan, Wyndor and Glorfindel headed back towards Valholl. They walked through the hospitable landscape of Mitgardia.

15277602498_cc5b2bdb49_z_d.jpg

They walked past refreshing rivers.

15314072678_6372dc4f6b_z_d.jpg

They helped those they found that could not help themselves.

15320897829_76c9ca337e_z_d.jpg

They faced some fearsome beasts... and handled them each in his own way.

15500737515_c40b2a95ed_z_d.jpg

And soon found themselves nearing Valholl.

15507427912_b76f8645fc_z_d.jpg

Thank you to SK for starting this collab. It's been a lot of fun. I look forward to the conclusion! I wanted to try something a little different for this post. The smaller builds gave me some freedom to try some different ideas. This was also my first attempt at using colored backgrounds. Let me know what you think.

Edit: I've listened to the feedback and made some changes and took some new pictures. The old pictures are in the spoiler.

15313815439_acfe02e6d8_z_d.jpg

15500734975_af9f116553_z_d.jpg

Edited by MKJoshA

These are some nice little builds, MKJ!

I think the blue backgrounds work the best. For the forest, the green background works well, but for the bridge, I find the background blends with the green minifigure parts and looks a little bit odd where the river ends behind the bridge and merges with the green background.

The snowscapes are well done, as is the water. I think the colors go well together using the dark bley rocks or trans-light-blue water as a contrast to the snow. The trees in the forest are interesting with the hinged trunks and modified log bricks. The bird is nicely done and makes for an excellent scene where he is carrying the minifigures. The little details on the bridge, such as the microfigures and the rails with the round tiles, make it visually appealing. I also like the water concept, though I think it looks a little too dark for a small stream or river and would be more fitting for a deep ocean.

Nice builds MKJ, and keep Brickin'!

The builds are really cool, I love the mountain scene, and the river scene. The snow looks really great, and the blue background looks best!

The blue background looks great- it also has the added benefit of not letting the White snow blend into the background! The first two builds are great, nice and simple, but really effective. I'm not such a fan of the forest scene, an irregular base may have helped, and the ground doesn't seem up to your usual standards. The bridge build is good too, although I don't like the water, I think your river scene looks much better in terms of water. Anyway, a nice way to showcase some cool builds and a great story!

Nice builds, MKJ, I especially like the snow-scape and river in the second scene :thumbup:

I love how you did the backgrounds, it works very well! Also the story is great combining all these mocs together!!

These are some nice little builds, MKJ!

I think the blue backgrounds work the best. For the forest, the green background works well, but for the bridge, I find the background blends with the green minifigure parts and looks a little bit odd where the river ends behind the bridge and merges with the green background.

The snowscapes are well done, as is the water. I think the colors go well together using the dark bley rocks or trans-light-blue water as a contrast to the snow. The trees in the forest are interesting with the hinged trunks and modified log bricks. The bird is nicely done and makes for an excellent scene where he is carrying the minifigures. The little details on the bridge, such as the microfigures and the rails with the round tiles, make it visually appealing. I also like the water concept, though I think it looks a little too dark for a small stream or river and would be more fitting for a deep ocean.

Nice builds MKJ, and keep Brickin'!

Thank you for all your detailed feedback! I've made some changes, hopefully they'll help with some of the problems you listed.

The builds are really cool, I love the mountain scene, and the river scene. The snow looks really great, and the blue background looks best!

Very lovely builds! I really love the cliffside walking of the first picture.

Thanks guys!

The blue background looks great- it also has the added benefit of not letting the White snow blend into the background! The first two builds are great, nice and simple, but really effective. I'm not such a fan of the forest scene, an irregular base may have helped, and the ground doesn't seem up to your usual standards. The bridge build is good too, although I don't like the water, I think your river scene looks much better in terms of water. Anyway, a nice way to showcase some cool builds and a great story!

I didn't want to use the same old round studs for the water. But now I've made some changes to combine the wedge plate look and the studs look. Hopefully it'll improve the look. And I've added a better base and improved the ground on the forest. I hope you like all the changes.

Love all the small builds. Great work!

Nice mini builds :) I like the snow texture and the posing as well :)

Great work, very nice builds. Love them!! :classic:

Thank you!

Nice job! There are some nice sets here, especially the eagle. Also, as proud owner of a grinning siffig, I find you guys' constant smiles hilarious :tongue:

Yes, the every present grin can be difficult to explain. But that's Lego for you :grin:

Nice builds, MKJ, I especially like the snow-scape and river in the second scene :thumbup:

Those seem to be the favorites!

Nice! The backgrounds work well on all but the last build.

I've changed the background now. Let me know what you think!

I love how you did the backgrounds, it works very well! Also the story is great combining all these mocs together!!

Thanks Jorrith!

Love that mountain side! :wub: It looks very LOTR!

I really like the different expressions on the heroes when grabbed by the giant bird! :grin:

A nice series of builds :thumbup: Your snow landscaping is of very high caliber, and the tree trunks are textured very nicely :thumbup:

Love that mountain side! :wub: It looks very LOTR!

I really like the different expressions on the heroes when grabbed by the giant bird! :grin:

Well, I'm going to be re-using that same idea for the LOTR contest whenever I can get around to building it bigger.

That looks loads better! I think the green worked well on the forest scene however. :wink:

Yes, but my wife didn't. So that decided it for me :grin:

A nice series of builds :thumbup: Your snow landscaping is of very high caliber, and the tree trunks are textured very nicely :thumbup:

That's high praise! Thank you!

Edited by MKJoshA

I love the snowscaping, and will be looking forward to following the story further! :thumbup:

Great series. I like the way the story is expressed through these, and appreciate the humor! Those first two builds are my favorite. Excellent capturing of Mitgardian terrain.

Great sequence of build, this is a great way to depict a journey. The mountain side looks great, but I think my favorites are the forest scene and the bird scene, which works really well and is very innovative :)

Great sequence of build, this is a great way to depict a journey. The mountain side looks great, but I think my favorites are the forest scene and the bird scene, which works really well and is very innovative :)

Nice series! The snow is very well done and it's nice to see some colder MOCs for Mitgardia. Lately, there's been a lot of green...

My favorite pic is the one with the bird. :wink:

Great series of builds, MKJoshA! The first and last are my favorites, but I like all of them. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Edited by Sir Gareth