Sign in to follow this  
woody64

Minifig Generator

I like this a lot Andreas !!

And I have a special reason for liking it.

I'm looking for a way to visualize the content of our torso library on Classic-Pirates.

Basically we want to make a few HTML pages based on the immense content of the torso library.

How would you do this? Do you think your method is scalable for 600 torso's? Or would that just be too much work?

So I'm very interested in your idea's !!

Are you willing to work with me on this?

Edited by bonaparte

So I'm very interested in your idea's !!

Are you willing to work with me on this?

I have to solve some points to do that:

1. I want to change the actual torso to 2 different icons. One as original lego one coloured torso and one for the torso image as we have that currently in the torso library.

I do have an idea how to solve that and I will check that this week.

2. As you have seen in the menu on the left I'm already prepared to have a lot of torsos. So I think when solving the 1. point it's managable since I will generate the torso lib automatically.

3. Would be nice to get some head's as used in the generator. If somebody post them here I wil incorporate them in the next version.

Andreas

Keep us informed of your progress Andreas.

Where did you get the head that you have today?

Eventually it will need to be somehow integrated in the Classic Pirates website.

The template requires Dreamweaver. Do you have that on your PC?

That's a d*** fine job, you've done.

It'll be awesome, when you've incorporated every single torso from the libary.

Keep us informed of your progress Andreas.

Where did you get the head that you have today?

Eventually it will need to be somehow integrated in the Classic Pirates website.

The template requires Dreamweaver. Do you have that on your PC?

Problem-1 seems to be solved: New version

http://members.cheese.at/woody/minifig-gen2/minifig-gen.html

Source of the head:

Minifig Generator

No I don't have Dreamweaver.

The actual side only consists of a tree containing html pages (with javascript) and images. Nothing more.

In principle we can start to bring in some further decals.

2nd change for today:

I've split the main page into the standard items: heads, torsos and legs

The 2nd page now contains mosana's austrian decals

Anybody who wishes to add his decals can do the following steps:

- copy the austrian html page (for example to french)

- manipulate the images in the table and replace them with the new ones

- the images have to reside in images/french/

- also change the href link to the image name

- add the name of the decal below

afterwards place a reply here with a tar.gz or zip archive of this subtree (french.html, images/french/)

Then I can easily add it ...

Andreas

Edited by woody64

Cool!

I like the idea of having entire minifigs instead of just torso's.

There aren't many things in life that function flawlessly with Mozilla! :-D

You're making excellent progress.

The idea behind this is sooo good.

Something is noticed: When I click on the Austrian Infantry Officer, the buttons of the torso get much darker on the minifig. Some of the others also have this.

I will have a closer look at the html code to see how everything is working. And I'll add some torso's because that will give me a good feeling of how much effort it will be to add the entire library. But this might have to wait a bit because I have 3 business trips before the end of next week.

i dont get the point of this??? :S ??

Can you please explain what you don't understand John?

It's not the first time you make posts like this. They don't really add much value to our discussion |-/ .

Last time you clearly didn't bother to read the entire discussion (I'm talking about the shako thread).

Edited by bonaparte

i suppose i meant what is the hype about a simple java or flash program that allows you to pair up various minifig parts? Are these meant to be used as decals and the program is to make a fitting room effect to see which torso's look good with a specific fig?

i suppose i meant what is the hype about a simple java or flash program that allows you to pair up various minifig parts? Are these meant to be used as decals and the program is to make a fitting room effect to see which torso's look good with a specific fig?

Something like that.

Today we have about 600 torso's in our torso library (you can find it on top of the customs forum).

But these are only represented by a description (not by a picture unless you click on the description).

So suppose you want to have a quick look at all of them, you'll need to do a lot of clicking.

The next step is to find a way to better visualize the content of our library in HTML as part of the Classic Pirates portal.

You can look at them per faction, get an idea of how the result will look on a minifig and even download the one's you like.

That's what Andreas (Woody64) is working on.

I hope this clarifies things for you ;-)

Edited by bonaparte

Yikes! Here I am, delving into Pirate Land... 8-| Wow all the emoticons are piratey. 8-o

So, HI! :-$ Great idea for the minifig generator and excellent execution so far. Woody, I pm-ed bonaparte to see if he needed any help and he said I should check with you. I'm a graphic and web designer, how can I help you out with this?

Something is noticed: When I click on the Austrian Infantry Officer, the buttons of the torso get much darker on the minifig. Some of the others also have this.

That's correct. I had to manipulate the stickers to get rid of the #c0c0c0 background colour. It was translated to transparent by a tool. But unfortunately all the other areas of the same colour are then also transparent and have to be manipulated by hand.

But should be changed now ...

... if he needed any help and he said I should check with you. I'm a graphic and web designer, how can I help you out with this?

I would apretiate some help to get a proper look of the page:

- some cool icon on the left top

- a good header image (the current is the original pirate library one, but resized)

- a good layout of the menu frame on the left

- maybe a redesigned main frame to be used as template for further pages ...

andreas

Edited by woody64

That's correct. I had to manipulate the stickers to get rid of the #c0c0c0 background colour. It was translated to transparent by a tool. But unfortunately all the other areas of the same colour are then also transparent and have to be manipulated by hand.

So basically all torso's need to be manipulate to remove the background?

- a good header image (the current is the original pirate library one, but resized)

andreas

Can you re-use the template of classic-pirates.com?

And here is something interesting posted by our lady pirate cutlass_iz in the community forum: Minfig Generator

Edited by bonaparte

So basically all torso's need to be manipulate to remove the background?

Can you re-use the template of classic-pirates.com?

Yes the background has to be switched to transparent.

Which template do you mean? The template has another layout ...

But it's possible to use only one frame as head and to position the pirates.com image inside ...

Yes the background has to be switched to transparent.

Which template do you mean? The template has another layout ...

But it's possible to use only one frame as head and to position the pirates.com image inside ...

I mean the template that was used for www.classic-pirates.com. But I'm not really an expert in webdesign.

We can arrange with Mr. Phes to give you ftp-access, so you can work on a page for the torso library.

There could be an extra link in the menu to this part of the site.

But it has to look like it is integrated.

It would be much easier if Mr. Phes was here, but he's away at the moment.

I could zip the entire site (would be a bit less than 4M) and email it to you (or send via MSN).

Then you can have a look for yourself.

If you think it's a good idea, then you can PM your email-address or MSN and I'll provide you the source.

Edited by bonaparte

I mean the template that was used for www.classic-pirates.com. But I'm not really an expert in webdesign.

We can arrange with Mr. Phes to give you ftp-access, so you can work on a page for the torso library.

There could be an extra link in the menu to this part of the site.

But it has to look like it is integrated.

It would be much easier if Mr. Phes was here, but he's away at the moment.

Maybe we should wait till Mr.Phes is back ...

Currently I've adopted all Mosana's decals for Austria, Russia, Britain, Prussia and French.

If Mr.Phes is back we can hand it over and discuss how to integrate it ...

Maybe we should wait till Mr.Phes is back ...

Currently I've adopted all Mosana's decals for Austria, Russia, Britain, Prussia and French.

If Mr.Phes is back we can hand it over and discuss how to integrate it ...

Yes, you're right. Let's wait with that until Mr. Phes is back.

He's probably drinking rum all day in some dark pubs.

But you are making excellent progress adding all these decals.

Is there a way to provide a links to the actual decals? Now this tool is great for viewing, but if you need to download a decal, you still need to go to the torso library.

Dunno how/where this is best done. You have an idea?

Edited by bonaparte

andreas

Yike Balls! Looks like I have an assignment. Thanks! I'll get working on some of this. I have some ideas for the frame layout. I'll see if they work and get back to you. I can host examples on my business website...

Yay! Fun! X-D

But you are making excellent progress adding all these decals.

Is there a way to provide a links to the actual decals? Now this tool is great for viewing, but if you need to download a decal, you still need to go to the torso library.

You can save and store the decal directly from the side with save picture as

By the way: my IE doesn't show the transparency correct. Is this behaviour also seen by somebody else ...

SOLVED: I must not use .png files. I've replaced them with gifs.

Edited by woody64

Try this: Minifig Generator

I used imbedded frames so it would be compatible with more browsers and designed it to look more like classic-pirates.com since this is it's ultimate destination. I also changed some of the sizes. Let me know what you think.

custom_mf.jpg <--the picture is a link!!

Try this: Minifig Generator

I used imbedded frames so it would be compatible with more browsers and designed it to look more like classic-pirates.com since this is it's ultimate destination. I also changed some of the sizes. Let me know what you think.

custom_mf.jpg <--the picture is a link!!

Wow, that looks good Hinckley!!

I'm happy you are already thinking of integrating it with CP.

Would it be possible (i really have now idea) to be able to download the selected torso?

Like there would be a link under the composed minifig that says: Download this torso!

And every time you click on another torso the link is automatically updated.

Or would there be another/better/easier way to do this?

EDIT: What do you guys think of this? I tried to fit it all a bit better on the classic-pirates template. Just something I quickly did in PSP (used the same torso, head and legs in this because I was too lazy to copy some others).

minifig-generator.gif

EDIT2: Maybe something like this is even better? It would solve the "download problem" because you can just right-click on the torso and save it.

minifig-generator2.gif

Edited by bonaparte

The template is now nearby classic pirates.com.

What's needed is:

- a menu to choose different countries

- there should be no need for a horizontal slider

Edited by woody64