Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day Two - Are you experienced?

Damn, so jamesn was town. He seemed scummy but I feel bad we lynched an innocent.

But what happened with mostlytechnic? I thought it was only one death each night. So does that mean a serial killer or mafioso got him?

Damn, so jamesn was town. He seemed scummy but I feel bad we lynched an innocent.

As I said before, he was an experienced player, and I severely doubted that anyone who was scum would pick so many arguments with other players, especially on day one.

But what happened with mostlytechnic? I thought it was only one death each night. So does that mean a serial killer or mafioso got him?

Um, no. If there were 3 deaths last night, then there would be a SK or Vigilante. The scum got to him, nothing special.

Technic was a very experienced player so therefore a threat, and that's why she was killed. If the other Experienced people who would be a threat aren't killed maybe that shows they're scum. Probably not a very good scum tell though....

This has gotten a bit of bad rap, but it actually makes sense. The scum want the town to think illogically, and therefore not lynch the people who seem scummiest. As I noted before, Technic was introducing logic into a lot of the arguments, and the scum didn't want that. Hence, we can probably expect an experienced, clear thinking, person to get bumped off each night, and if there is someone who seems experienced who doesn't die, that person is most likely scum.

What are you talking about, there is one lynch each day and at night there is usually 2 kills. One from towns side and one from scum side.

We don´t know who took out Mostly but biggest chance is it was the scum because he didn´t do anything that would had gotten the Viglante to kill him (Vig is the town role)

Why there wasn´t another kill, for that there is many reasons.

Lie he can but PM chain there is, altough Lord D. never said anything about it. But that doesn´t mean anything.

Okay (not ok-ey)

Hmm don´t see the logic here.

I am not the one who is misleading people, I think there is an godfather, don´t mess with my words.

And about your Gambit, this PM chain doesn´t prove anything:

It proves that you say you had a great plan how to get the scum out, sacrifies Lord D. but then again you say there wasn´t enough time to save Jamesn so lets forget about it and let him die.

Great plan :thumbup: Makes you look even more scummy.

Any great leads who these scummos would be then?

I told you it would not prove anything, I was explicit in doing so.

My plan is/was great,maybe we'll try it on you!

Hey, throwing threats around won't make you any friends.

So, everyone is focused on the fact that tonight's scum kill was Technic, what I'm wondering is why wasn't there a Vigilante kill tonight?

You really have a poor attention span don't you?

It's an awful theory anyway, doesn't matter. :classic:

Weirdly enough I'm ready to disagree with you on that.

Okay, I am trying to make sense of everything. The number of Normal roles is greater than the total number of players we started with, correct? So, any of the normal roles are possible. If there is a lynch that day, there is the possibility of at least 1 more death due to a kill on each night. I have read through Day 1 again and read through Day 1 and 2 of a previous school trying to know what to look for. So far, we have twice as many Day 1 posts as the previous school and I am not sure why.

I agree that the experience and logical thinking were the reason Mostly Technic was killed.

I know that this does not further anything, but I am reading and thinking and didn't want anyone to feel that I am not participating.

Goliath, I am sorry if I offended you previously. I am glad you are stil with us.

Pyrovisionary, good to see you back.

Well, I for one am curious about Stickfig and Lind Whisperer both switching their votes after the lynching vote for Jamesn (which was Scaevola) came in?

So, everyone is focused on the fact that tonight's scum kill was Technic, what I'm wondering is why wasn't there a Vigilante kill tonight?

Well there weren't too many players acting very scummy, so the vigilante probably didn't feel anybody deserved killing.

Well there weren't too many players acting very scummy, so the vigilante probably didn't feel anybody deserved killing.

Also, we had the discussion in the signup thread regarding if there'd even be a vig. Def never confirmed or denied the role so a vig may not even exist.

Well, I for one am curious about Stickfig and Lind Whisperer both switching their votes after the lynching vote for Jamesn (which was Scaevola) came in?

I don't know about Stickfig, but my reasons were quite clear and I shared them at the time:

I read the rule about how players cannot target the same player twice in a row, and I confused that with voting. I was originally going to vote for Captain Settle based on my personal opinion, but I thought that if I did that, I couldn't vote for him the next time(e.g., "today"). Jamesn replied back, rather irate, and pointed out the fact that I had been confused on the rules. I would have changed it back, except that Jamesn expressed enough anger that I began to doubt whether he was town or not - at the very least, he wasn't being a very supportive townie. If I was the switch vote, his anger would make sense, except at that point it had already swung past the ten-count, with next to no apparent likelihood of anyone changing their vote. I suppose, if I had been voting solely on non-emotions, I might have still changed back to Captain Settle, but it's very hard to completely eradicate emotions, especially when someone is yelling at you.

I told you it would not prove anything, I was explicit in doing so.

It doesn´t seem like you wanna help town at all, throwing out comments like that.

Probably because after day 1 it is hard for the vig to judge who to kill (been there once)

[and hopefuly (meaning that the vig isn´t dead)]

Also, we had the discussion in the signup thread regarding if there'd even be a vig. Def never confirmed or denied the role so a vig may not even exist.

I couldn´t think that would be an option.

Yes it would make towns play harder without a vig.

So we hope not that this is the option.

Ok, here are the votes...townies in green.

StickFig votes Richila (1)

Mencot Votes Goliath (1)

Kintobor votes Goliath (2)

XM votes Goliath (3)

Lind Whisperer votes Goliath (4)

Cutcobra votes Jamesn (1)

jamesn votes Lord Duvors (1)

Brickelodeon votes Goliath (5)

Captain Settle votes Goliath (6)

Mostlytechnic votes Dave (1)

Goliath votes Jamesn (2)

Lord Duvors votes Goliath (7)

Jluckhaupt votes Goliath (8)

Lord Duvors unvotes Goliath (7)

Mencot unvotes Goliath (6)

Dave votes Lord Duvors (2)

Mencot votes Lord Duvors (3)

XM unvotes Goliath (5) votes jamesn (3)

Captain Settle unvotes Goliath (4) votes Lord Duvors (4) (Ties vote)

Richila votes Jamesn (4) (3 way tie)

Lord Duvors Vote Jamesn (5)

Jluckhaupt unvotes Goliath (3) votes Lord Duvors (5) (break tie, lead to Duvors)

Adventurer1 votes Lord Duvors (6)

Kintobor unvotes Goliath (2) votes Lord Duvors (7)

Bricklodeon unvotes Goliath (1) votes Jamesn (6)

Pyrovisionary votes Lord Duvors (8)

Pyrovisionary unvotes Lord Duvors (7)

Lord Duvors unvotes Jamesn (5)

Scaveola votes Lord Duvors (8)

TheLazyChicken votes Jamesn (6)

StickFig votes Captain Settle (1)

Mostlytechnic unvotes Dave (0) votes Captain Settle (2)

Lord Duvors Votes Jamesn (7)

Pirate unvotes Lord Duvors (7) votes jamesn (8)

Lind whisper unvotes Goliath (0)

Mostlytechnic unvotes settle (1) votes jamesn (9)

Lind votes settle (2)

Scaelvola unvotes lord Duvors (6) votes jamesn (10)

Stickfig unvotes settle (1) votes Jamesn (11)

Lind unvotes settle (0) votes jamesn (12)

jamesn unvotes lord Duvors (5) votes Lind (1)

Its a lot of info I know, but it's my best attempt at accuracy.

Here's the post count:

Lind Whisperer 48

Brickelodeon 34

Lord Duvors 34

Piratedave84 30

mostlytechnic 28

Xenophobic Monoxide 26

Goliath 25

jamesn 23

jluck 22

adventurer1 21

Mencot 20

Pyrovisionary 20

Cutcobra 20

TheLazyChicken 15

Kintobor 14

Speedy 13

StickFig 13

Scaevola 12

Captain Settle 8

Richila 7

I'm sure there are clues somewhere in here...:wink:

Ps I forgot to put the confirmed townies in green when they got voted for, my bad.

A lot of suspicion seems to have gone off of Lord Duvors, but I think we should be watching him very carefully, it is possible that both of the candidates from yesterday were townies, but I hope that we were at least partially accurate.

I'm gonna guess there was no vig kill because the Vigilante didn't feel confident enough on any of the current suspects. That's usually why there's no Vig kill on night 1.

You are probably right and most likely the reason, but I do wonder if Mostly Technic was the Vigilante. That would be bad for us because scum would have a greater advantage on us. Also what if it could be a possibility for jamesn to be the doctor too. Even though I doubted that on day 1 because I thought he was just trying to make us change our votes to someone else.

A lot of suspicion seems to have gone off of Lord Duvors, but I think we should be watching him very carefully, it is possible that both of the candidates from yesterday were townies, but I hope that we were at least partially accurate.

I've never stopped being suspicious of him. Piratedave built a pretty strong case against him early yesterday, which still seems fair. However, Dave backed off so it took the wind out of the sails on that one. Still, he's definitely worth watching.

Btw, I was mixing the vig role with the serial killer. Def had asked us if we wanted a serial killer and we answered no. There's almost certainly a vig, meaning he either didn't act or was blocked.

You are probably right and most likely the reason, but I do wonder if Mostly Technic was the Vigilante. That would be bad for us because scum would have a greater advantage on us. Also what if it could be a possibility for jamesn to be the doctor too. Even though I doubted that on day 1 because I thought he was just trying to make us change our votes to someone else.

Now that jamesn has come up town, there's a fair chance he was the doctor. That's why I was so upset when he declared his role with his dying breath. Lesson to all, if you're going to use your role to protect yourself, do it while there's still a chance to live. All jamesn did was let the scum know that the doctor is likely dead!

Now that jamesn has come up town, there's a fair chance he was the doctor. That's why I was so upset when he declared his role with his dying breath. Lesson to all, if you're going to use your role to protect yourself, do it while there's still a chance to live. All jamesn did was let the scum know that the doctor is likely dead!

That makes sense because if he declared his role in public, he was a goner for sure, if he didn't get lynched, he would have been killed by the scum killer. That could have happened right?

Darn :wall: . I hate being the one to seal the vote, but with the waning hours I knew we needed a lynch. jamesn wasn't a bad candidate, his inability to adapt his argument (i.e the role accusation) to the current situation was suspicious, as was his subsequent absence, but he was by far not the best candidate for the lynch. As for today, Lord Duvors and Captain Settle are very lofty in my suspicions, though their opposing stances on the bandwagons (Duvors voting for jamesn and Settle for Duvors) make it very unlikely they're both scum, though its not implausible.

I don't have anything much to say but I think PirateDave has made some good cases against people and has a fairly high post count even though MostlyTechnic was suspicious of him he seems ok to me.

Good night! :classic:

That makes sense because if he declared his role in public, he was a goner for sure, if he didn't get lynched, he would have been killed by the scum killer. That could have happened right?

He would likely be targeted eventually, but the main disadvantage is that it's one less role the scum have to worry about. The scum have to seek out the town roles quickly to increase their odds of winning. By declaring as the doctor, the scum now know that no one can stop their attacks and thus are free to target anyone. Doctors typically should lay low and attempt to survive as long as possible, that's how they most benefit the town.

Darn :wall: . I hate being the one to seal the vote, but with the waning hours I knew we needed a lynch. jamesn wasn't a bad candidate, his inability to adapt his argument (i.e the role accusation) to the current situation was suspicious, as was his subsequent absence, but he was by far not the best candidate for the lynch. As for today, Lord Duvors and Captain Settle are very lofty in my suspicions, though their opposing stances on the bandwagons (Duvors voting for jamesn and Settle for Duvors) make it very unlikely they're both scum, though its not implausible.

Actually, it's highly likely the scum split their vote. It's usually what scum do because it keeps them from all going down together if something goes wrong.

He would likely be targeted eventually, but the main disadvantage is that it's one less role the scum have to worry about. The scum have to seek out the town roles quickly to increase their odds of winning. By declaring as the doctor, the scum now know that no one can stop their attacks and thus are free to target anyone. Doctors typically should lay low and attempt to survive as long as possible, that's how they most benefit the town.

Actually, it's highly likely the scum split their vote. It's usually what scum do because it keeps them from all going down together if something goes wrong.

That is certainly a very reasonable point. Captain Settle's vote for Lord Duvors could have been to reduce suspicions against him if Lord Duvors is lynched and comes up scum (assuming they're both scum). It was recommended by Speedy so that tactic is more likely to be utilized now than in prior situations of a similar nature.