Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day Two - Are you experienced?

15481988521_66c841a5e5_o.png

Mostlytechnic looks out the window, wishing he were a mistress of the elements, capable of summoning the rain, to reflect the sadness she feels.

"Nobody here is listening to anybody! It's such an utter cluster#@$<!"

She hears a gentle scurrying behind her.

15485133065_323c8bf2c4_o.png

"Oh, hello there little guy! Are you lost?"

15462020126_0fe97a5f78_o.png

"What's that? You have a message for me? What is it? Tell me!"

15481988451_642d8be33c_o.png

With a shock of electricity that technic would be invulnerable to if he were actually Storm, he kicks the bucket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning comes.

15443254372_3fe016225a_o.png

"Good morning kids," Dr. def greets them with a dulcet tone. "Your day one lynch, as predicted, was a townie. Yes, day one lynches are almost always townies. Voting opens in 24 hours! (and Pyrovisionary has a four vote penalty when that starts, for failure to vote yesterday.) "

Non-Player Characters

15233214767_02391c6d48_o.png Doctor Def

Players

15396635666_70f45e1426_o.png Stinky Dave (piratedave) - Only cosplays pirates.

15396635686_e906b196ce_o.png Stickfig (Stickfig) - Cosplays Cyclops

15233137127_bd4c68324e_o.png Captain Settle (Captain Settle) - Cosplays dusty movie Batman

15233003380_8a919fce81_o.png Kintober (Kintober) - Cosplays Marge Simpson

15416512751_5766689413_o.png Lind Whisperer (Lind Whisperer) - Cosplays Hulk

15233092678_e83f24f9aa_o.png Pyrovisionary (Pyrovisionary) - Cosplays Rocket Raccoon

15419683415_bc3bb0f2b2_o.png jluckhaupt (jluckhaupt) - Cosplays comic Batman

15232930519_53dd68c9fa_o.pngTheLazyChicken (TheLazyChicken) - Cosplays Joker

15232930529_291f898226_o.pngScaevola (Scaevola) - Cosplays Princess Leia

15232930479_afd9fc000b_o.png Adventurer1 (Adventurer1) - Cosplays Luke Skywalker

15233136687_ab66215bba_o.png Lord Duvors (Lord Duvors) - Cosplays a ninja turtle

15233003330_f8531971ce_o.png Xenophobic Monoxide (Xenophobic Monoxide) - Cosplays prequels Obi-Wan

15416512831_503f19d5e6_o.png mencot (mencot) - Cosplays Gandolf

15233093028_1306527280_o.png Cutcobra (Cutcobra) - Cosplays Arctic Batman

15233137017_a182d2d4fa_o.png Brickelodeon (Brickelodeon) - Cosplays gender-swapped Ghostbuster, Penny Venkman

15233003550_bf9f721d3d_o.png Richila (Richila) - Cosplays Gamorra

15233136777_c66e391f77_o.png Goliath (Goliath) - Cosplays Spider-Man

The dead

15298417950_244d1430e2_o.png Jamesn- didn't manage a day one defense - Town

15298417940_44d8f3dbfd_o.png Mostlytechnic - Shocked to death, night one - Town

Rules (These are 95% the same as the EB standard; deviations from the normal EB rules are struck-through)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 24 hours (or 48 hours if an emergency comes up). Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the host via PM. That includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty vote penalty per every 4 living players against you, and death on your second offense.

“It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”

Okay (not ok-ey), so 2 town down.

Lets this be a lesson to understand who your voting for. I did see and I still don´t understand how those who voted for Jamesn got that he was the scummisest yesterday.

Lets do alot better today.

I have a few candidates to look on today, those Jamesn called out: "Lind Whisperer, Brickelodeon, TheLazyChicken and mostlytechnic."

And my I add also to Jamesn´s list Lord Duvors and Scaevola because in the PM´s we shared he called them also out. Ofcourse not all of them are scum but they have some explaining to do.

Mostlytechnic is dead and town, so that rules him out, and I didn´t agree on him being too scummy.

But the rest Scaevola with his late in the day vote, change to just really confirm the lynch.

Lind Whisperer who tried to be helpful and wasn´t sure if Jamesn was a good lynch, but I say better stand up a bit earlier then, now it actually looks like what Jamesn said about you in the end of the day 1.

Thelazychicken and Brickelodeon, I don´t have anything to say about them, totally bland.

Then Lord D. and I add One name here also, this is my number one Scum option for today. Stinky Pirate Dave.

His last comment for day 1:

(Day 1 thread is Locked so it wasn´t so easy to quote but here goes)

Posted Yesterday, 08:41 AM

Looks like we'll have a lot to talk about tomorrow!

Good night

Oh yes we do, David! What the f***

This is the comment you end the day with, no comments about Jamesn´s claim, you know Jamesn was an experienced player. Ofcourse I know what you will say and it is half true, "there was the chance that jamesn was lying" but I never saw him as a scum and his action wasn´t nearly, totally not scum as a few other players were.

I don´t like the fact that Jamesn claimed in public and I said in PM to him that it wouldn´t be a good option and he agreed but I think he was a bit pissed in the end of the day that he was lynched with those lame excuses.

And the Stinky scummy Dave, your PM´s with Lord D. you better get them out here boy, what was so mindbreaking so that you choose to put your vote on Jamesn.

Do you know what I think, I am gonna repeat myself. I think you and Lord D. are both scum and you only covered him yesterday.

You better have something good to say today!

Jamesn was town... darn, we lost two today. :hmpf_bad:

Oh well, he was kinda expected to be town. He wasn't terribly helpful though, but it's still a loss.

One thing we now know, however... mostlytechnic and him weren't scum buddies like we tossed around.

About the night kill, not much to go on because there was only one of them.

But I could think it was a scum kill, if the town vig choose not to kill. Speculations.

Jamesn was town... darn, we lost two today. :hmpf_bad:

Oh well, he was kinda expected to be town. He wasn't terribly helpful though, but it's still a loss.

One thing we now know, however... mostlytechnic and him weren't scum buddies like we tossed around.

Explain "not terribly helpful"? I don´t see it, you were more helpful?

Add XM to list of scummy candidates.

Noyt because of this comment but the fact that you were also discussed!

But I could think it was a scum kill, if the town vig choose not to kill. Speculations.

Explain "not terribly helpful"? I don´t see it, you were more helpful?

Add XM to list of scummy candidates.

Noyt because of this comment but the fact that you were also discussed!

I didn't do anything to cause confusion and "sow seeds of doubt". Jamesn seemed to be playing against town.

Oh Did he!?

I didn't do anything to cause confusion and "sow seeds of doubt". Jamesn seemed to be playing against town.

Nice to see that you use something Jamesn used about you.

You were the one playing against town! But that´s yesterday but you are starting to go up on the list of scummy players.

Oh Did he!?

Nice to see that you use something Jamesn used about you.

You were the one playing against town! But that´s yesterday but you are starting to go up on the list of scummy players.

My apologies, I posted that a bit early.

What I mean was, jamesn, yesterday, was being very stubborn and accusatory. He refused to accept the possibility that there might not be a miller in the game, and alluded to thinking that anyone who opposed him was either an idiot or a scum that needed to be lynched.

If not's playing against town, I don't know what is.

Okay (not ok-ey), I don´t know if it is so much playing against town but yes it was very stubborn. Because there isn´t always a miller in the mafia games, but most of the times there is.

And this time there is :classic:

I agree with you there maybe he was too stubborn but I think it was the fact that he believed me, that he didn´t want to fight over the fact is or isn´t there a miller or is the miller a complex role.

We should also remember that there can be a Godfather in this game, that is the opposite to Miller. I would know, check out Red menace Mafia, if you wanna know what I mean.

The least we can do is see who MostlyTechnic was after... Stinky Dave and Captain Settle, although I started the Captain Settle bit with my second vote.

P.S. - Going to bed, I'll see ya'll tomorrow.

The least we can do is see who MostlyTechnic was after... Stinky Dave and Captain Settle, although I started the Captain Settle bit with my second vote.

True and the more dangerous of those two is Stinky dave but captain settle did seem that he didn´t have anything to come with yesterday. Just jump from bandvagon to bandvagon, without giving any reason and explanation.

Already lost 2?! Oh no, this party is getting worse and worse...yada yada yada...role play words...fluff...etc.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, let's get straight to business.

I could care less who jamesn was after. He wasn't killed by scum so he wasn't killed for who he suspected. MostlyTechnic was targeted for a reason though.

So here are my two key questions:

1) why was he killed?

2) why weren't others?

While the second is a tough one to answer, it can be equally as valuable. Scum kill threats, so the rest of us weren't considered as big of threats for some reason.

Hopefully, night actions turned up something valuable. If people trust mencot's miller claim, then he might be a good one to claim to. If not, then don't :wink:

I'm on my phone so I can't grab the voting records easily, but hopefully they'll be posted soon.

(P.s. My desplay name is now jluck instead of jluckhaupt but it's still me)

Well, what a bad way to start the day! Two townies is very bad. We better all look at the previous day and voting patters to do better next time. I'm getting coffee and will look at all this first chance I get.

Eww, you have to be kidding me! We really can't afford to lynch another townie guys... Let's take a look at why Technic was lynched:

1. She was one of the only people giving logical arguments

2. She began to try to sway the crowd to prevent Jamesn from getting lynched (or so it seemed to me)

3. She was not on good terms with several people, PirateDave and Lind Whisperer ( or so it seemed to me)

So we've lost two townies. So far I have to agree with Mencot about pirate Dave and Lord Duvors seeming the most suspicious. Of course, if Pirate Dave was to share what him and Duvors discussed in PM, then he might be a bit less suspicious...

Eww, you have to be kidding me! We really can't afford to lynch another townie guys... Let's take a look at why Technic was lynched:

1. She was one of the only people giving logical arguments

2. She began to try to sway the crowd to prevent Jamesn from getting lynched (or so it seemed to me)

Not sure where you got this. Her thoughts were that he wasn't likely scum, but he wasn't helping town, so he was as good a lynch as anyone.

3. She was not on good terms with several people, PirateDave and Lind Whisperer ( or so it seemed to me)

She was not "on good terms" with me solely because I didn't think Jamesn was scum enough to vote for him*. I wasn't helping the bandwagon roll along, so she suggested Jamesn and I were "In cahoots".

*After a brief rules misunderstanding, which Jamesn was angry at me for misunderstanding, I finally changed my vote and didn't change it back after I found I could.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we're just as in the dark as we were yesterday.

Alright, adding to my last post, I was reading some of the later posts on Day 1 and mostlytechnic wanted to lynch Captain Settle, but had to vote for jamesn so we'd have a lynch.

...so, the scum would consider him a threat if he started to target one of their members.

Yeah, we are still in the dark, but maybe if Pirate Dave sheds more light on his and Duvors PM discussion, we might be able to tell of they're scum or town.

Pirate Dave could always lie about what was in the PM, or if there was a PM chain at all. :look:

I'd like to explain myself for not voting yesterday. Indecisive as always I had not voted by late afternoon. I then had a busy evening and by the time I had woken up the day was over, and I had not voted. :wall:

So yeah, that's why.

Technic was a very experienced player so therefore a threat, and that's why she was killed. If the other Experienced people who would be a threat aren't killed maybe that shows they're scum. Probably not a very good scum tell though....

“It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”

Okay (not ok-ey), so 2 town down.

Lets this be a lesson to understand who your voting for. I did see and I still don´t understand how those who voted for Jamesn got that he was the scummisest yesterday.

Lets do alot better today.

I have a few candidates to look on today, those Jamesn called out: "Lind Whisperer, Brickelodeon, TheLazyChicken and mostlytechnic."

And my I add also to Jamesn´s list Lord Duvors and Scaevola because in the PM´s we shared he called them also out. Ofcourse not all of them are scum but they have some explaining to do.

Mostlytechnic is dead and town, so that rules him out, and I didn´t agree on him being too scummy.

But the rest Scaevola with his late in the day vote, change to just really confirm the lynch.

Lind Whisperer who tried to be helpful and wasn´t sure if Jamesn was a good lynch, but I say better stand up a bit earlier then, now it actually looks like what Jamesn said about you in the end of the day 1.

Thelazychicken and Brickelodeon, I don´t have anything to say about them, totally bland.

Then Lord D. and I add One name here also, this is my number one Scum option for today. Stinky Pirate Dave.

His last comment for day 1:

(Day 1 thread is Locked so it wasn´t so easy to quote but here goes)

Oh yes we do, David! What the f***

This is the comment you end the day with, no comments about Jamesn´s claim, you know Jamesn was an experienced player. Ofcourse I know what you will say and it is half true, "there was the chance that jamesn was lying" but I never saw him as a scum and his action wasn´t nearly, totally not scum as a few other players were.

I don´t like the fact that Jamesn claimed in public and I said in PM to him that it wouldn´t be a good option and he agreed but I think he was a bit pissed in the end of the day that he was lynched with those lame excuses.

And the Stinky scummy Dave, your PM´s with Lord D. you better get them out here boy, what was so mindbreaking so that you choose to put your vote on Jamesn.

Do you know what I think, I am gonna repeat myself. I think you and Lord D. are both scum and you only covered him yesterday.

You better have something good to say today!

Use regular fonts, you're not impressing anyone with your big bold letters. It was not mind breaking, he said he was ready to die for town by luring scum to him; we did not get to put the plan in action because by the time I got around to explaining the gambit, there was enough steam in the Jamesn lynch to turn his around. I made it clear that I had a feeling he was town; I did not try to sway the vote, I expressed my opinion, it's not my fault if people decided to vote for Jamesn in the end.

Okay (not ok-ey), I don´t know if it is so much playing against town but yes it was very stubborn. Because there isn´t always a miller in the mafia games, but most of the times there is.

And this time there is :classic:

I agree with you there maybe he was too stubborn but I think it was the fact that he believed me, that he didn´t want to fight over the fact is or isn´t there a miller or is the miller a complex role.

We should also remember that there can be a Godfather in this game, that is the opposite to Miller. I would know, check out Red menace Mafia, if you wanna know what I mean.

Stop misleading us; there is a godfather; there was one in 99% of the mafia games I've played.

You quote and old post, a post after which MT changed his vote twice, don't try and use old quotes in your favor, it won't work.

Look at you disapearing again!

Here's the PM thread; there's no big reveal, no crazy claim, just me and Duvors having a quick chat which combined whit his actions in thread after led me to think he may be town:

The bandwagon on you picked up steam really fast and it makes me uncomfortable.

I want you to tell me precisely why we should not lynch you?

Errr... I don't really have a good argument for not being lynched, I haven't been useful, I haven't really had good reasons for voting against people I've voted against, I've really just been generally useless, the only defense I can offer is 'I'm a townie, please don't kill me!' and for all you or anyone else knows I'm a lying scum, I really have no good way or saving my skin at the moment, Jamesn really wants me dead for some reason, but that doesn't count for much in my favor.

ok well let me be blunt; can you be of use to the town? we can turn this around but we need to act quickly. Your agreeing with the lynch makes me even more concerned about my vote.

Should it come to that, should you be lynched, would you be ready to try a gambit to root out scum?

Should it come to that, should you be lynched, would you be ready to try a gambit to root out scum?

I might, what would this gambit be?

We'll see if we need to use it; it would however require your death. Are you good with that

We'll see if we need to use it; it would however require your death. Are you good with that

Yes.

There; now can we focus on the real scummos?

I'd like to explain myself for not voting yesterday. Indecisive as always I had not voted by late afternoon. I then had a busy evening and by the time I had woken up the day was over, and I had not voted. :wall:

So yeah, that's why.

Technic was a very experienced player so therefore a threat, and that's why she was killed. If the other Experienced people who would be a threat aren't killed maybe that shows they're scum. Probably not a very good scum tell though....

Actually, this seems fairly logical explanation. MostlyTechnic raised valid points in his posts, rarely did he post fluff. While I'm sure all of his observations weren't accurate, he clearly demonstrated and good understanding if playing. The scum benefit from an inexperienced town, so I think watching experienced players could be a pretty strong play. (Learning point: this wouldn't be as good in future games, when everyone is experienced, the best strategy at that point is to kill def...because he always wins :classic: )

Pirate Dave could always lie about what was in the PM, or if there was a PM chain at all. :look:

You're right that he could lie, but I'd imagine there was a PM conversation, as I can't see why he'd make one up.

Lie he can but PM chain there is, altough Lord D. never said anything about it. But that doesn´t mean anything.

So yeah, that's why.

Okay (not ok-ey)

Hmm don´t see the logic here.

Use regular fonts, you're not impressing anyone with your big bold letters. It was not mind breaking, he said he was ready to die for town by luring scum to him; we did not get to put the plan in action because by the time I got around to explaining the gambit, there was enough steam in the Jamesn lynch to turn his around. I made it clear that I had a feeling he was town; I did not try to sway the vote, I expressed my opinion, it's not my fault if people decided to vote for Jamesn in the end.

Stop misleading us; there is a godfather; there was one in 99% of the mafia games I've played.

I am not the one who is misleading people, I think there is an godfather, don´t mess with my words.

And about your Gambit, this PM chain doesn´t prove anything:

Here's the PM thread; there's no big reveal, no crazy claim, just me and Duvors having a quick chat which combined whit his actions in thread after led me to think he may be town:

It proves that you say you had a great plan how to get the scum out, sacrifies Lord D. but then again you say there wasn´t enough time to save Jamesn so lets forget about it and let him die.

Great plan :thumbup: Makes you look even more scummy.

There; now can we focus on the real scummos?

Any great leads who these scummos would be then?

I was quite convinced jamesn was scum and now it just seems my super detective bat skills aren't working.

Yesterday, jamesn and mostlytechnic each posted who they were suspicious of. As others said, we should look toward these people. I'm specially interested in Captain Settle, who mostlytechnic was suspicious of and who barely posted anything in day 1.