Looking closer, we’ve got TWO new extremely useful panels! A 3x7x1 panel to go along with the curved one of the same size, and a brand new wacky looking one with an axle connection seen at the front of the Jeep and front and sides of the blue car. Dimensions appear to be 2x3x1. This will be very very useful in filling small spaces!

8 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Looking closer, we’ve got TWO new extremely useful panels! A 3x7x1 panel to go along with the curved one of the same size, and a brand new wacky looking one with an axle connection seen at the front of the Jeep and front and sides of the blue car. Dimensions appear to be 2x3x1. This will be very very useful in filling small spaces!

The more I hear about Jeep the more I like it; great parts and in yellow - my favorite machinery color. I can hardly await when official pictures will be released...

On 6/1/2020 at 5:41 PM, Leewan said:

Apparently the changeover catch has been updated. The main difference is at the cross axle. The tip seems rounder, but that might be due to the angle of the render.

It should be in the Sián, so people who have it could make a more accurate comparison between both versions.

I've recently bought 42082 and it came with the new style of changeover catch. I didn't notice it until the boom was attached and I decided to try the functions : the changeover catch that controls the boom functions didn't slide very well on the axle. I don't know if it's because it only has two teeth or if the hole is slightly bigger, but when pushed sideways, the catch slightly rotates and gets stuck on its axle. If you put it on a vertical axle (with a few parts attached to it to simulate the pressure of the finger and the lever arm), the older changeover catch slides smoothly, but the movement of the newer version is jerky, and it can even get stuck.

50550051058_a4d315c536_o.jpg

55 minutes ago, Leewan said:

I've recently bought 42082 and it came with the new style of changeover catch. I didn't notice it until the boom was attached and I decided to try the functions : the changeover catch that controls the boom functions didn't slide very well on the axle. I don't know if it's because it only has two teeth or if the hole is slightly bigger, but when pushed sideways, the catch slightly rotates and gets stuck on its axle. If you put it on a vertical axle (with a few parts attached to it to simulate the pressure of the finger and the lever arm), the older changeover catch slides smoothly, but the movement of the newer version is jerky, and it can even get stuck.

I tested mine from the lambo and it seem smoother than the old type.

42 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

@Leewan I’m wondering if it’s made of a different plastic?

To me it seems to be the same plastic.

57 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I tested mine from the lambo and it seem smoother than the old type.

Indeed,and the problem is that it's maybe too smooth, which is why this happens :

50551267996_e3c87eb71e_b.jpg

11 hours ago, mahjqa said:

a 4-wide steering wheel

"The center hub of the steering wheel has the same dimensions as a stack of two 2×2 round plates with axle hole, with the rim extending out a 5-stud width"

3 hours ago, Jurss said:

"The center hub of the steering wheel has the same dimensions as a stack of two 2×2 round plates with axle hole, with the rim extending out a 5-stud width"

Yeah, just the same wheel but with different center hub (2*2 studs instead of a center single one). I also wanted 4-stud one but will still wait and hope...

Perhaps this image can help us to determine actually steering wheel diameter...

(Image is 2400 x 1800, so I've decided to post a link instead of posting image)

Edited by I_Igor

So 5L, as it was written.

And some different question.

42009, red 8 tooth gear. Does it have just different color, or is it also different mold, with more free mowement on axle?

I afraid yes, but I already ordered all missing parts according to rebrickable. And, as it is shipping to me, started to build, and came to this step.

Edited by Jurss

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

So 5L, as it was written.

Exactly :thumbup:

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

Yes, the red gears in 42009 slide freely on the axle,

Not good. For me. Will try with standard. Maybe there will be some more worn in my collection. Will check. Or - need to check bricklink, maybe there is some seller near me.

looks like this set has some 2L frictionless pins in yellow: he set is 76172 spider man and sandman showdown

yellow-pin2-L.png

Edited by SNIPE

There will also be biscuits in DBG in 76174 Spider-Man's Monster Truck vs. Mysterio.

image.png.18a93f9d82cf9940f802398a5c4aa2a2.png

1 hour ago, Leewan said:

There will also be biscuits in DBG in 76174 Spider-Man's Monster Truck vs. Mysterio.

NICE.

Edited by Milan
Removed the quoted pic from the previous post.

Finally, one my project was waiting for this one and a half year...now I just need two new tires :devil:

So there is new small panel 3x2. I was thinking what is used on Jeep hood.

On McLaren in black, on Jeep in yellow

The new 3x2 panel seems to offer connectivity like 85x85p.jpg except with axle hole instead of pin hole. I don't think any other piece offers 3 axle holes like that. Some people may get creative and use the new panel for its connectivity rather than panel...ivity