Not strictly a Technic part yet, but a Powered Up compatible sets of LEDs. Together with the new Bluetooth train controller, I really think that the Power Functions will see an update soon. More info about this parts here: Promobricks.

lego-88005-poweredup1.jpg

Wonder if the bigger number of contacts (6 now versus 4 in PF) means that it has some more features like different behavior for the reverse, like blinking instead of the constant light that is perfect for some warning lights on construction or tow vehicles (it's always nice to have such things out of the box). Otherwise, it's strange to have two more wires for no purpose.

Anyways it looks more compact than PF ones, too bad that they can't be stacked using this new socket. Say goodbye to Christmas tree-like MOCs :sceptic:

On 7/20/2018 at 6:08 AM, Rishab N said:

I am using an Ultimaker 3 at my university. Covers are currently printing, and I filled about 80-90% so hopefully it works out

Do you have any results? What are you making?

I need help with something. Can the orange piece fit inside the gray piece, like on the picture?

stopka.png

In LDD fits, but I have noticed that the outer edge of orange piece is a bit bigger then the inner circle of the gray piece, so i'm guessing that it won't fit. Can anyone solve this dilemma that I have? I can't test IRL.

Just noticed the new 20 tooth double bevel idler clutch gear but in Light Bluish Gray rather than blue, it's not in an official set yet, but I can see the real part here so there might be a chance of it appearing in a 2019 set perhaps:

But it came from somewhere already; some non-Technic  set... ?

On 7/26/2018 at 3:33 PM, Void_S said:

Say goodbye to Christmas tree-like MOCs :sceptic:

I think the frustration about the non-stacking property will be large to such an extent that third parties like S-brick will come with a solution. The change to non-stackable plugs is a bad idea as they could always be stacked. Lego is about finding out, not about being limited!

How about this for a part? I don't know for what it would be used for (maybe when 2 axles collide and they need to turn), or useful at all, but it looks kind of coll. And I know that there is exactly the same one with cross holes but I figure... why not?

double%20hole%202.png

I still wish they would make that part with crossholes in that way, having the crossholes in all types of connectors be thicker and more robust rather than how they are, which IMO is too fragile and easily cracks over time (bush type). I really dislike using such parts.

Edited by Error404

2 hours ago, pagicence said:

why not?

"Why not" is not really how part design works, so I'm afraid you don't convince me.

Also, why not? Because I don't see any uses. If you stick a pin in the long end, it does the same as the current #1 angle connector plus an axle pin. You could put two end-to-end with a pin between, but this can also be done now with two of the wonderful pins-with-pinhole and a 2L round pin joiner. So the only way to give this new functionality is by sticking an axle in the long end, which will be quite a weak way to secure an axle, because the other hole is further away and also round. Better secure the same axle with a crossblock or a liftarm.

So it's not a very good part to have. That's probably why not ;)

Or, that last sentence stated differenty, there's some parts I'd rather have. But I'm not sure this is the right topic for that.

Edited by Erik Leppen

trying to source the new pneumatic switches from the 42080 set but none appear on bricklink yet 

Does it usually take a while for new parts to show up there?

Also the parts list doesn’t show that piece even on brickset or bricklink

16 minutes ago, MangaNOID said:

trying to source the new pneumatic switches from the 42080 set but none appear on bricklink yet 

Does it usually take a while for new parts to show up there?

Also the parts list doesn’t show that piece even on brickset or bricklink

Sets have been released just 2 weeks ago, officially. It is too early to ask for everything at this point.

Brickset list parts when LEGO publish them. So they cannot do anything sooner.

Bricklink relies on community to add new parts. It takes some effort to add all new parts and inventory the set. I'm sure this will be fixed soon, as it states "Inventory
Pending Approval" already.

Thanks. I am blissfully unaware how the selling side of bricklink works, so I thought that part would have been 'chucked' up for sale all ready, being a new part and all, that should be popular :blush:

Edited by MangaNOID
Poor sentence punctuation when rushing.

I'm sure there is a process to follow to get new parts added to the database, before they can be listed for sale.  Sellers will be keen to get the parts listed so that they can cash in on the "must have" price hikes. 

The actual piece is has already been submitted (search for 6099773), but isn't approved yet, due to lack of image.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:34 PM, I_Igor said:

But it came from somewhere already; some non-Technic  set... ?

Which set? If it is small, I want it! 

On 8/15/2018 at 4:56 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Which set? If it is small, I want it! 

I would like to know which, because my current project stuck because I need one of those gears and Chiron is simply too expensive for just one gear. So far I really do not know in which set it appears. In Bricklink database is only lists Blue from Chiron ?

Edited by I_Igor

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I would like to know which, because my current project stuck because I need one of those gears and Chiron is simply too expensive for just one gear. So far I really do not know in which set it appears. In Brookline database is only lists Blue from Chiron ?

I don't know if this is the case in all regions, but they are available to buy from Bricks&Pieces for a far more reasonable price than on BrickLink.

26 minutes ago, HallBricks said:

I don't know if this is the case in all regions, but they are available to buy from Bricks&Pieces for a far more reasonable price than on BrickLink.

Thank you ☺️

(But in Croatia it is not available :sad: )

Edited by I_Igor

On 7/26/2018 at 1:23 AM, Cumulonimbus said:

Not strictly a Technic part yet, but a Powered Up compatible sets of LEDs. Together with the new Bluetooth train controller, I really think that the Power Functions will see an update soon. More info about this parts here: Promobricks.

Oh no. Oh no. Oh NO! God, my worst fears are coming true. I hate the Powerd Up system with a vengeance. Why is Lego implementing a new system that removes functionality, and is not backwards compatible? I can think of no reason for this. If it were just Mindstorms and boost, I'd be fine with that, but no, Technic has to have this load of horsepucky foisted upon it, when it has almost nothing but drawbacks. I predict sets with PF are going to get more expensive, as now all motors will be smart, even though in Technic they have no reason to be. So, higher prices, no backwards compatibility, reduced functionality. Could somebody remind us of what the benefits are, again? I see Mindstorms and Power Functions as being far to disparate to unify, at least without a bunch of stupid and needless compromises. Plus, I don't see how this would lower development costs, because Lego is re engineering every component instead of doing the sensible thing and just having two separate systems and an adapter cable. I also don't understand why Lego couldn't have just had a retooled version of the existing PF connector design, with 2 extra wires, which would solve all the problems, but no, that would make too much sense.

I might be in a bit of a mood.:wacko::damn: