Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Have we had sand green Technic parts besides axles and connectors in botanical sets before?

At least the 1x9 and 2x4 beams are new. Could this be the color of the G500? Or rather a color for 2025?

Interesting! That does look a good bit like the typically shown releasecolor for the electric G, at least. 016-2025-mercedes-benz-g580-electric-fir

It would be a good look for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

That's interesting! Are you sure it's sand green and not olive green like the technic Defender?

BTW, what's that little fender part on the quad?

Yes, I'm sure it's sand green and that's 44674 which is also new in sand green.

44674.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news about the new part 6484902 of the 60420 city excavator?, I find it nowhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I find new 6L worm gear is working in normal technic grid.

It is not slip at least in my simple test.

KakaoTalk_20240605_012847490_02.jpgKakaoTalk_20240605_012847490.jpgKakaoTalk_20240605_012847490_01.jpg

Must need least 1 stud gap under the ball.(in picture has 2 stud gap) Or worm will not work well.

Edited by msk6003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@msk6003 That looks really interesting. Do you think it would work if the towballs are opposite each other rather than in the same plane? Do you think it would be possible to put the wormgear inside a box section inside another box section to make an extending boom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ukbajadave said:

@msk6003 That looks really interesting. Do you think it would work if the towballs are opposite each other rather than in the same plane? Do you think it would be possible to put the wormgear inside a box section inside another box section to make an extending boom?

I don't know what you mean in first question.
Second one, it will possible but current lack gear solution looks better unless TLG make new part like new city crane set.

But in this time, I need 2L version of this and opposite screw direction version.

Edited by msk6003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice new 30.4mm Technic rims in flat silver in two different widths (20 & 40mm), but a big middle finger for the same old truck tires. :pir-murder:
10337_Top.png
10337_Back_02.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its the same wheel just rotated 180 degrees and doubled up while holding the same tires as on the VW TW campervan.

So the wheel is more recessed on one side, and flatter on the other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SNIPE said:

I think its the same wheel just rotated 180 degrees and doubled up while holding the same tires as on the VW TW campervan.

So the wheel is more recessed on one side, and flatter on the other

That makes more sense knowing Lego philosophy (hint: Volvo bucket solution)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, that rear photo got the front wheel cropped wrong, it's the same 20mm wide tire as the rear. (3 studs, looks like the 14mm 2 stud one in the pic)

 

The only other part I don't recognize is the 1x4 slope in the taillights that doubles up the 1x2 18 degree slope.  And windshield's new of course.

Edited by Stereo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

I think its the same wheel just rotated 180 degrees and doubled up while holding the same tires as on the VW TW campervan.

So the wheel is more recessed on one side, and flatter on the other

Oh, that would be unfortunate as the curvature looks different so I thought it's really a different rim. And to make it worse, the lifestyle pic shows only 4 rims from the top...
LEGO-Icons-10337-Lamborghini-Countach-De

Edited by R0Sch
pic added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slight off topic, but honestly, what were they thinking when they decided on a white Countach (guess it's the 5000)?
There is no way that they never noticed this one, right?

Guess we can now wait for its inevitable B-model:
447958834_3719933098324637_3881558219210

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

I think its the same wheel just rotated 180 degrees and doubled up while holding the same tires as on the VW TW campervan.

So the wheel is more recessed on one side, and flatter on the other

You were right. A 20+14mm wheel side by side. How lame :((

 

Edited by R0Sch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LvdH said:

honestly, what were they thinking when they decided on a white Countach?

Exactly my thoughts. They literally took the best selling alt build on Rebrickable and made it into a set. Even the color scheme and some details are the same. That does feel lame, even though they were probably able to make it more accurate because of not being a limited build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These wheel parts would make an aswome revolver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Exactly my thoughts. They literally took the best selling alt build on Rebrickable and made it into a set. Even the color scheme and some details are the same. That does feel lame, even though they were probably able to make it more accurate because of not being a limited build.

Maybe people on TLG want people display porsche as porsche.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There are a few large gear rack parts in Technic that seem like they share common dimensions:

11x11 quarter circle https://rebrickable.com/parts/24121/technic-gear-rack-14-circle-11-x-11-35-teeth/

6x6 quarter circle https://rebrickable.com/parts/78442/technic-gear-rack-14-circle-6-x-6-15-teeth/

1x14 rack https://rebrickable.com/parts/18942/technic-gear-rack-1-x-14-x-2-with-axle-and-pin-holes/

Obviously the straight one has its companion housing that it's frequently paired with, which fits into the slots on the sides.  I only have those pieces so I can't check the round ones, but it seems like probably at least the large diameter one could also slot into this housing (though not too usefully, since it's more than 1 stud wide where you connect 2 sections together)

Are there any other parts designed to use these slots?  From what I can measure using other Lego pieces, the slot is a snug 1/2 stud wide (cannot slide smoothly with 1/2 thickness liftarm in it) and pretty much exactly 1 plate deep (0.4 stud).  So if something had a 0.4 stud long bar sticking into it, that could work smoothly.

Edited by Stereo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stereo said:

There are a few large gear rack parts in Technic that seem like they share common dimensions:

11x11 quarter circle https://rebrickable.com/parts/24121/technic-gear-rack-14-circle-11-x-11-35-teeth/

6x6 quarter circle https://rebrickable.com/parts/78442/technic-gear-rack-14-circle-6-x-6-15-teeth/

1x14 rack https://rebrickable.com/parts/18942/technic-gear-rack-1-x-14-x-2-with-axle-and-pin-holes/

Obviously the straight one has its companion housing that it's frequently paired with, which fits into the slots on the sides.  I only have those pieces so I can't check the round ones, but it seems like probably at least the large diameter one could also slot into this housing (though not too usefully, since it's more than 1 stud wide where you connect 2 sections together)

I just tested this with the large curved gear rack, the only curved type I have and it absolutely fits into the housing of the straight one. You can actually push it all the way through the front part of the housing where the flat bits hold the gear rack in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is sad because 1x14 rack can't connect with other parts. If it can, it can be a great monorail's rail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict that one day TLG will release a 3 stud or 5 stud gear rack that's 2 stud tall, like the 1x14 gear rack. That part will allows building straight racks in any length. Perhaps it will appear in a mobile crane set.

Currently the only way to extend a gear rack is to use system bricks with system racks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, msk6003 said:

That is sad because 1x14 rack can't connect with other parts. If it can, it can be a great monorail's rail.

I got the 4L gear racks working with both of the curved gear racks, i.e they are flush in all 3 axis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any part or combination of parts that creates a 2 module long handle bar with two negative stud holders?

Like this part but only 2 studs long.

6190.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Is there any part or combination of parts that creates a 2 module long handle bar with two negative stud holders?

Like this part but only 2 studs long.

 

Do you want the antistuds to be next to each other or the handlebar to be 2 modules long or the whole length of the part to be 2 modules?

There are many bar-type parts you could use in combination of 15712 or one of its variants, depending of which of the above you want. The only 2L bar part seems to be 78258 though, so if it also needs to be clipped at center you might be out of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.