Another use for additional mounting points could be to join two cylinders, without the need for the expensive bracket.

4 hours ago, kolbjha said:

Another use for additional mounting points could be to join two cylinders, without the need for the expensive bracket.

Are those brackets still that expensive? Seems to me they got cheaper on BrickLink over the last year. I have no explanation for that, nor hard data...

13 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Are those brackets still that expensive? Seems to me they got cheaper on BrickLink over the last year. I have no explanation for that, nor hard data...

Haven't checked these on BL in a long time, and just checked now. You are right, they seem to be quite inexpensive on BL nowadays.

7 hours ago, astyanax said:

The need for the brackets probably just went down a lot when the longer cylinders came out, I'd guess

There is also include 11x19 technic base plate in black. Least 2.LEGO-Icons-10323-Pac-Man-Arcade-PA392-33

You cac also see black 16t here.

Edited by msk6003

49 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

You cac also see black 16t here.

Indeed and it's a normal one, you can even make out the Z16 text.

That's neat that we get that gear in black. I wonder why they needed it, though! It's certainly one of the gears that didn't need a recolor into a more inoffensive color, but it's nice.

I'm really glad to see those Technic baseplates there! It's a better color, and will hopefully make those things cheap enough that I can finally justify buying some!

Just now, 2GodBDGlory said:

That's neat that we get that gear in black. I wonder why they needed it, though! It's certainly one of the gears that didn't need a recolor into a more inoffensive color, but it's nice.

It was apparently one of the gears that this specific set needed to blend in the background and to support the chains :) 

I really, really, really hope that the new black 16T gear is actually as @kbalage speculated in the video, meaning its axle hole would be rotated half a teeth compared to the usual one. Such a change would be enormously useful.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

It'd be great to see this gear in actual Technic sets.

I strongly think that it will be.

hell, I was having a bad day until I came home and saw this news!

Oh also you get that technic funky connector 3L in dark blue: (42797)
recolor_small.jpg

And some new ball pieces that might be a good size to fit into technic parts, not sure yet, they are bigger than GBC and also bigger than Zamor balls.
balls.jpg

Also the technic sphere comes in trans clear for the first time (32474)

Edited by SNIPE

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

I really, really, really hope that the new black 16T gear is actually as @kbalage speculated in the video, meaning its axle hole would be rotated half a teeth compared to the usual one. Such a change would be enormously useful.

It’s almost certainly not.

You can see the “bracing” in the middle lines up with the teeth, just like the LBG ones.

Edited by LvdH

1 minute ago, LvdH said:

It’s almost certainly not.

You can see the “bracing” in the middle lines up with the teeth, just like the LBG ones.

Yeah, I know it's mostly wishful thinking rather than a real possibility. But one can still hope.

Gear is just color variation. That's sad but I wonder which technic set will use it.

gear.png

On 0:38 of video, You can see NEW CHAIN PIECE! It looks like 1L bar is attached on normal chain.

Edited by msk6003

On 5/9/2023 at 10:40 AM, astyanax said:

I guess not the most useful re-color, but #17/18 panels are coming in Reddish Brown

Correction: they're Dark Orange

recolor_large.jpg

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

On 0:38 of video, You can see NEW CHAIN PIECE! It looks like 1L bar is attached on normal chain.

Yeah, that's strange! You can see it at 0:33 too.

55 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Which is quite interesting as I couldn't find any sets with black versions, do you know where it came from?

From CADA :-P

12 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Lol :) There are 3 black older gears available on Bricklink so they do exist, but I don't know where they came from.

Those are probably CaDA too. Just because someone took a picture and listed them on BL doesn't mean it's genuine LEGO. Or it's a factory prototype sample, those tend to be sold on BL often too. Like red Darth Vader helmet or LBG Viking helmet.

3 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Those are probably CaDA too. Just because someone took a picture and listed them on BL doesn't mean it's genuine LEGO. Or it's a factory prototype sample, those tend to be sold on BL often too. Like red Darth Vader helmet or LBG Viking helmet.

I've only seen the new version from CaDA, not sure why they would release the old design. Might be a prototype, I was simply wondering if @1gor knows where his black gears came from. 

20 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I've only seen the new version from CaDA, not sure why they would release the old design. Might be a prototype, I was simply wondering if @1gor knows where his black gears came from. 

It seems it was the second option I mentioned. The black 16 tooth old style is an unreleased color as can be seen in this interesting gallery of Technic "Qparts":

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148691465@N05/albums/72157663491437627

Unreleased lego technic Black Technic gear 16 tooth old style with round holes Partnr: 4019 the red came in production. Just some fancy shooting a picture ^^

Something new that I learned from this is that the old type round 2L pin connector without slot was made of 3 individual parts that were glued together.

I wonder how strong this new chain link with bar is going to be. I guess it's made of the same softer plastic, but based on my engineering judgement the weakest link is still the fragile chain clamp that now has to hold up against side forces too. I see very few use cases where this element might work besides some simple toyfair duck hunting game mechanism.
qIRb92b.png

Edited by R0Sch