1 hour ago, mla2 said:

Excluding thin liftarms and non contemporary parts, did I miss any parts you think?

85x85p.jpg?1658325742.931785385x85p.jpg?1658325812.967797385x85p.jpg?1658325753.047787285x85p.jpg?1661983623.8125432

I guess you count the half-bush as a 1L thin liftarm? :wink:

85x85p.jpg?1658325738.4117846

You can also take a 3/4 pin, insert a bar, then mount a 2L black pin and build on that.

85x85p.jpg?1658325809.9517968

Edited by astyanax

56 minutes ago, astyanax said:

You can also take a 3/4 pin, insert a bar, then mount a 2L black pin and build on that. 

Ha, that's nuts, I like it. Thanks :)

Good Friday to everyone!  A train question:

Using 16 of a part https://rebrickable.com/parts/53400/vehicle-track-train-plastic-rc-trains-curved/ we can reach the ring of 68cm wide.

If add the 16 of a part https://rebrickable.com/parts/53401/vehicle-track-train-plastic-rc-trains-straight/ - we can get the ring of about 1.2 meter width
But let's imagine I need outer ring for wheel https://rebrickable.com/parts/57999/train-wheel-spoked-with-technic-axle-hole-and-rubber-friction-band/ of 80-90 cm. Any solutions?

Do any other ways exist to build tracks for the mentioned wheel of the same axle width (6 studs)?

20 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Good Friday to everyone!  A train question:

Using 16 of a part https://rebrickable.com/parts/53400/vehicle-track-train-plastic-rc-trains-curved/ we can reach the ring of 68cm wide.

If add the 16 of a part https://rebrickable.com/parts/53401/vehicle-track-train-plastic-rc-trains-straight/ - we can get the ring of about 1.2 meter width
But let's imagine I need outer ring for wheel https://rebrickable.com/parts/57999/train-wheel-spoked-with-technic-axle-hole-and-rubber-friction-band/ of 80-90 cm. Any solutions?

Do any other ways exist to build tracks for the mentioned wheel of the same axle width (6 studs)?

https://rebrickable.com/parts/64022/vehicle-track-train-flexible-segment/

5 hours ago, mla2 said:

I created a small MOC which shows 8 ways to create half stud offsets (...), did I miss any parts you think?  

Another solution I use occasionally: 85x85p.jpg?1658325756.3397877 and 85x85p.jpg?1658325725.1557825 connected by plates on top and bottom (1x4 sideways or 2x2 square).

5 hours ago, astyanax said:

Another solution I use occasionally: 85x85p.jpg?1658325756.3397877 and 85x85p.jpg?1658325725.1557825 connected by plates on top and bottom (1x4 sideways or 2x2 square).

I had that in the MOC initially, also with 2817, but removed it after I noticed it ends up a bit 'off grid'. So it would half a stud offset in one direction but also a little offset in the other. I suppose there must be some way to avoid this but wasn't able to find it.

Edited by mla2

Has someone already mentioned that the curvature of the new panel 2438, 2442 (from 42152, 42154) does not match the curvature of this part: 250x250p.jpg?1658334771.940528?

There is a small deviation:

089_wrn_230311_132326k.png

45 minutes ago, anyUser said:

Has someone already mentioned that the curvature of the new panel 2438, 2442 (from 42152, 42154) does not match the curvature of this part: ?

Yeah. and also if you connect two of those new panels together there is a slight gap in-between them which is VERY VERY STUPID.

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

Yeah. and also if you connect two of those new panels together there is a slight gap in-between them which is VERY VERY STUPID.

How can one use this new panels then, if they want a full smooth surface? It seems now impossible with the current parts and the new panel's lack of connection points on the underside is a bit worrying, too:look:

On 3/11/2023 at 9:20 PM, msk6003 said:

Tried of use new 15L ring from city stuntz set

See, this is an A level idea, taking lego parts and using them in a new way, not just copying everything before it.

Edited by SNIPE

62.4mm (Arocs) tires are back, also with new color (sand green, I think) rims. 

800x800.jpg

Welcome back after 5 years.

I can see something thin and silver thing behind rear wheel. maybe this model has suspension?

Edited by msk6003

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Welcome back after 5 years.

I can see something thin and silver thing behind rear wheel. maybe this model has suspension?

Well, as far as I can see, the bottom "staged" photo shows the identic gaps between the wheel and wheel arches (the rear one is possibly slightly smaller).
Meanwhile, the upper "nature" photo demonstrates a significantly smaller gap above the front wheel.

I can explain it by only working suspension: the heavier rear part compresses the springs, while the uneven terrain causes the front axle articulation.

Hard to believe there would be a suspension in a non-Technic model. Never say never, but I believe when I see.

It would not be the first Creator style vehicle which comes with suspension. Designer set 4404 and Creator 5893 also had suspension.

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

Hard to believe there would be a suspension in a non-Technic model. Never say never, but I believe when I see.

Some Speed Champions sets have suspension, like 75875 and 75894. See also set 70829. There are probably more...

I think rim color is ordinary light bluish gray, but let's wait, perhaps it will be a surprize...

Wow, the first set since 8264 to feature these rims in a colour other than LBG! I know 8264's rims were the slightly older type with the protruding axle hole, but still.

Edited by Maaboo35

7 hours ago, LvdH said:

62.4mm (Arocs) tires are back, also with new color (sand green, I think) rims. 

Now that looks awesome, great news! Not only that the wheels are back, the color is interesting (I also think its green), and the set contains 6 of them! Furthermore, this makes the model have a pretty good scale, large enough to be able to mod a proper technic chassis with suspension into it and even for motorization. This will be an interesting one, must buy for me! Curious though whether it has some suspension out of the box.

The fenders are done really nicely, are those made of a single piece? Did that part exist before?

54 minutes ago, 1gor said:

I think rim color is ordinary light bluish gray, but let's wait, perhaps it will be a surprize...

There is a light bluish gray bush on the axle next to the rim. They’re definitely not LBG.

8 hours ago, LvdH said:

They’re definitely not LBG

I think, colour saturation? is wrong in that pic, and they are lbg, and the car is standard green.

LBG is that thing, behind door handle on which is yellow bushing

The real car has a color similar to sand green and the color looks more correct in the bottom left portion of the image with the box front. Excited for this one!

13 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

the set contains 6 of them!

My thoughts were like "4+1 spare, where is the 6th?... Ahh, wait it's Land Rover "spare-on-bonnet", yess, it is here!"

Edited by Void_S

I just started to think, as there are 6 wheels, you could make some kind of roofless version with some trailer

and that means, that there may be some official B-model, as there are plenty of parts (those long technic bricks on side)

and yes, model in picture has hook at the rear