2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

a 10 tooth would be more useful because it can connect two axles that are spaced like so:

The ratio would be 8:10 because it meshes with an 8 tooth gear.

Yeah, gears with teeth counts of 4n+2 would be very useful as well, but we haven't really had them in the standard system yet, so I don't really expect them (There's those 14T and 22T ones in the Ferrari, but they're not compatible). Really the only exception is the old 14T gear, which can be a surprisingly handy part!

Also, I think a 10T gear would mesh with a 12T gear rather than an 8T one in that setup you had. I think the right gear to mesh with that 8T would actually be a 14T, and it actually works pretty smoothly with old ones!

Screenshot%202022-07-16%20173229.jpg

Also tested in real life.

3 hours ago, SNIPE said:

a 10 tooth would be more useful because it can connect two axles that are spaced like so:

The ratio would be 8:10 because it meshes with an 8 tooth gear.

12T to 12T also works in that setup.

1 hour ago, Jayden said:

12T to 12T also works in that setup.

Yeah, as does 8T to 16T, but both of them have pretty high friction, higher than I think Lego would accept in a set. They're still useful, though!

59 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Higher than I think Lego would accept in a set. They're still useful, though!

Yes this is true.                                                     This is also true.

Yes, sorry, 10 tooth and 12 tooh, not 8 tooth and 10 tooth :innocent:

and low friction, a 12 and 12 tooth is almost impossible to rotate in this setup.

It looks like this Technic ring previously only available in white and cool yellow from Lego Friends will be available in dark bley in one of the Avatar sets, if that interests anyone.

4 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

It looks like this Technic ring previously only available in white and cool yellow from Lego Friends will be available in dark bley in one of the Avatar sets, if that interests anyone.

I'm more interested in the first ever Sigourney Weaver minifig! But yeah, I think some kind of trencher equipment would be possible with these rings.

6 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I'm more interested in the first ever Sigourney Weaver minifig! 

:roflmao:

I'm not sure if it was noticed here (if was, I'm so sorry) - the friction 1/2 pins recently appeared in red (as the Megalodon's teeth holders) are also available in DBG too:

Lego Technic, Pin 1/2 with Friction Ridges

BrickLink Reference Catalog - which Contain Part 89678 in Dark Bluish Gray Color

If only it appeared a bit earlier, to hold Max Destruction's spikes stiffer and follow its DBG main color...

Edited by Void_S
Well, now it makes the leaked photos analysis more difficult, as "a gray-shaded 1/2 pin" is not always LBG anymore...

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Well, now it makes the leaked photos analysis more difficult, as "a gray-shaded 1/2 pin" is not always LBG anymore...

Are you arguing in favor of color vomit now..? :roflmao:

I just remembered a thought I had about half pins. Why are the 1½ pins called ¼ pins and the 1¼ pins called ½ pins? It is so confusing sometimes.

Anyway, my thought was that the half pins (¼ length) seems to hold half liftarms better and way more stable because of the friction. If using ¼ pins (½ length), the half liftarms wobble around a lot. But is this considered bad technique? 

39 minutes ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

Anyway, my thought was that the half pins (¼ length) seems to hold half liftarms better and way more stable because of the friction. If using ¼ pins (½ length), the half liftarms wobble around a lot. But is this considered bad technique? 

I think I have seen it in a set before if that is what you are asking. I do not know which one though.

1 hour ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

I just remembered a thought I had about half pins. Why are the 1½ pins called ¼ pins and the 1¼ pins called ½ pins? It is so confusing sometimes.

Best is to think of the ubiquitous black 2L pin 85x85p.jpg?1658325730.5597832 as the reference. Then 85x85p.jpg?1658325775.627791 is ½ the length (disregarding the stud) and 85x85p.jpg?1658326606.5918827 is ¾ the length. I don't think there's anything called "¼ pin".

1 hour ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

Really depends on the application. How much slack do you want? Select the pin based on the answer...

Edited by astyanax

6 hours ago, Void_S said:

the friction 1/2 pins recently appeared in red (as the Megalodon's teeth holders) are also available in DBG too:

It's great they came out with this in DBG color, just ordered a bunch of them through Bricklink! They will be pretty useful I think.

3 hours ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

Anyway, my thought was that the half pins (¼ length) seems to hold half liftarms better and way more stable because of the friction

I'm on the same page with you on this one, especially now that the half pin has friction variant (I mean the other end), they allow for a less wobbly connection. I believe though that a half liftarm may fall off easier from the half pin than from the 3/4 pin if it's only held by 2 of them for example. If you use more to hold it, it seems to be good enough though.

I heard now two reports, that the F1 42141 lost ground clearance in a few months and maybe the new medium/yellow springs are the reason. Does anyone have [preferably in the F1 set] those new shock absorbers (no tight middle part of the spring, more like the red ones) and can confirm or deny problems with that part?

It's kind of hard to imagine, that it's a general problem, since the plastic part itself did change for ages and the red absorbers look like that since forever, too... But maybe the batch of springs used in a specific area or time period had a problem...

Anyone know of any good 1x1ish parts that would fill a half axle? Something like the half axle bushing but more decorative 

12 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Anyone know of any good 1x1ish parts that would fill a half axle? Something like the half axle bushing but more decorative 

Cutting ribbed hose or ring?

Edited by msk6003

1 minute ago, msk6003 said:

Cutting libbed hose or ring?

Possible caveat: that ring is 0.4 module thick, not 0.5 module like the half-bush.

16 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Something like the half axle bushing but more decorative

Well, even half-bushes may have "decorative colors", not ordinal LBG or yellows only :wink:

Remember this problem, guys?

640x739.jpg

(not my photo btw)

It's back in the Airbus.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Remember this problem, guys?

Ah yes, I remember taking this photo! 

:pir-huzzah2:

On 7/26/2022 at 8:20 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Anyone know of any good 1x1 ish parts that would fill a half axle? Something like the half axle bushing but more decorative 

Maybe minifig utensil rings, they are 0.4L thick though but are shiny gold :) and 5 of them stacked is 2L in height (0.4 * 5)

If the axle has a stop then the stop is 0/1L and then if you add that to a single minifig utensil ring which is 0.4L you will get 0.5L.

Same applies for the stop on an axle pin, or on a regular pin.

If I had an image of your model it would help greatly. because you may be able to just swap the axle with a bar, or a rigid 3mm hose cut to a weird length.

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Maybe minifig utensil rings, they are 0.4L thick though but are shiny gold :) and 5 of them stacked is 2L in height (0.4 * 5)

If the axle has a stop then the stop is 0/1L and then if you add that to a single minifig utensil ring which is 0.4L you will get 0.5L.

Same applies for the stop on an axle pin, or on a regular pin.

If I had an image of your model it would help greatly. because you may be able to just swap the axle with a bar, or a rigid 3mm hose cut to a weird length.

I should have clarified more. It has to go on the very end of the axle. So it needs to be something that can hold the clutch of half an axle.