Recommended Posts

New parts are available at B&P, including most of the parts from BMW bike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

New parts are available at B&P, including most of the parts from BMW bike

You are good man. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I bet some AFOLs are having an expensive day today! 

Well yes, but actually no :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

New parts are available at B&P, including most of the parts from BMW bike

Thanks for the heads up!

 

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I bet some AFOLs are having an expensive day today!

Most definitely! I don't understand why the smaller shock absorbers are more expensive than the large ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

New parts are available at B&P, including most of the parts from BMW bike

Unfortunatley part 45607c01  is still out of stock in the UK -i.e it has never been available for individual  purchase yet, you have to (still, months later) buy the whole new spike prime sete to get these small angular motors.

I hope lego makes them in gray like they did for control+.

23421 and other parts is also out of stock still

Edited by SNIPE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

23421 and other parts is also out of stock still

Just wondering if you had some use in mind for a technic build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, astyanax said:

Just wondering if you had some use in mind for a technic build?

ive thought of several uses for this part, like putting the end of the spiral pole in a motor and attaching the nut that goes on the spiral pole, then attaching the nut to a carrier which contains felt tips which are individually pushed down onto the paper via a bunch of linkages that are motorized

so in other words  a plotter  :)

I also wanted to make a CURTA but I would have to use base 8 or 12 since lego does not make 10 tooth gears for base 10 (eg. decimal).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ever had a use for those clicky mech joints in technic builds? 

AVvXsEhsVXX3syrvNuoRjo5atxL4NkvkqGG1Jyp5

I was thinking even of static stuff such as holding angled bodywork; but then again they might still be knocked ajar... Hmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They use a 15 degree angle for each click, so you can get the same result with angle connectors which are more compact to build with.

So in most cases I consider these not very usefull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jovel said:

They use a 15 degree angle for each click, so you can get the same result with angle connectors which are more compact to build with.

So in most cases I consider these not very usefull.

Not really, the technic connectors #2 to #6 go in steps of 22.5 degrees...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I also wanted to make a CURTA but I would have to use base 8 or 12 since lego does not make 10 tooth gears for base 10 (eg. decimal).

Making base 10 calculators out of Lego, I was bothered by the lack of 10T gears, but I did recently remember that this part has 10 teeth, and bought some. We'll see if they're actually useful at some point...

35443.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Unfortunatley part 45607c01  is still out of stock in the UK -i.e it has never been available for individual  purchase yet, you have to (still, months later) buy the whole new spike prime sete to get these small angular motors.

I've been looking for these as well but no luck.

14 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I hope lego makes them in gray like they did for control+.

Hoping that too, but not sure it would eventually happen, though seems logical. The description of the small motor says something like "to be used with the Small Technic hub (Spike Prime) and the Large Technic hub (Mindstorms)". But does not mention the Medium Technic hub that is used in all technic sets. Could this be because the voltage of the Spike and Mindstorms hubs is 7.4V, while the Technic hub is 9V, which could be too much for the small motor? At least enough so that TLG would not use the medium hub to drive it in an official set. I'm also wondering if it's a good idea to drive this small motor from a Buwizz (though maybe power curves can take care of that).. Anyway, maybe it's a good idea to buy some in this azure color if it becomes available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2022 at 2:23 PM, SNIPE said:

I also wanted to make a CURTA but I would have to use base 8 or 12 since lego does not make 10 tooth gears for base 10 (eg. decimal).

Maybe there is some simple way to advance 20 tooth gear by 2 teeth at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, astyanax said:

Not really, the technic connectors #2 to #6 go in steps of 22.5 degrees...

Oh you are right, but I still dont consider these very usefull as there are more compact ways to build with 15 degree angles.

Edited by jovel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will be SUPER useful is that the new half pins with friction pair excellently with the toggle joint parts. The friction is very tight and can hold them at an infinite number of angles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

What will be SUPER useful is that the new half pins with friction pair excellently with the toggle joint parts. The friction is very tight and can hold them at an infinite number of angles.

Yeah but it would be nice if those toggle joints were the same color... But red ones go for like $5 a piece on BrickLink... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, astyanax said:

But red ones go for like $5 a piece on BrickLink... 

You'll need to be a little bit lucky, but set 8386 can found quite cheaply if you look long and hard enough. I've seen them for €25-€30 a few times. It has two red toggle joints, but it also has two 1x6 thin liftarms in red, two palm tree trunks in LBG, a couple somewhat expensive soft axles in red and a bunch of black 3 long pins. Well worth it imo, if you need some red parts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LvdH said:

You'll need to be a little bit lucky, but set 8386 can found quite cheaply if you look long and hard enough. I've seen them for €25-€30 a few times. It has two red toggle joints, but it also has two 1x6 thin liftarms in red, two palm tree trunks in LBG, a couple somewhat expensive soft axles in red and a bunch of black 3 long pins. Well worth it imo, if you need some red parts. 

Indeed! About 2 years ago I was looking to expand my collection of red connectors, beams, and panels. I found 8653 and 8070 locally second-hand. Parted out, they have been corner stones of my red supercar builds, like the Ferrari 488 Pista (now recycled again). :pir-sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I found out, the new fork tubes from the BMW can be easily disassembled, the upper part makes a great canon piece for mocs, not that LEGO would ever do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Something I found out, the new fork tubes from the BMW can be easily disassembled, the upper part makes a great canon piece for mocs, not that LEGO would ever do that.

What's your source for that? I'd be interested to see what they look like internally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, SNIPE said:

Unfortunatley part 45607c01  is still out of stock in the UK -i.e it has never been available for individual  purchase yet, you have to (still, months later) buy the whole new spike prime sete to get these small angular motors.

I hope lego makes them in gray like they did for control+.

I'm torn. Really want this motor but at local resellers it's 3x the price of a PU large motor.

I wouldn't mind the Spike Essentials set; the small hub could come in handy. That too is expensive though - costs about the same as 51515 :(.

Edited by ord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal experience, couldn't help myself, lol. The two tabs at the top can be very easily pushed in at the same time, I used two of the air T pieces and it springs apart. No damage and super simply to reassemble.

I guess I should have took a picture but I figured it had already been done and now it is very much attached to the bike. Not really much to see, just three parts.

Edited by Johnny1360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to StoneWars for the new January Technic part list:

 
6407066.jpg Black 6407066 80286 0,36 €
6378464.jpg Black 6378464 49151 0,32 €
6365679.jpg Black 6365679 79505 1,39 €
6380021.jpg Black 6380021 80267 1,70 €
6380030.jpg Black 6380030 80268 1,70 €
6330607.jpg Black 6330607 71721 6,00 €
6330608.jpg Black 6330608 71722 14,20 €
6378120.jpg Bright Red/ Red 6378120 89678 0,10 €
6362552.jpg Bright Red/ Red 6362552 80267 1,71 €
6362553.jpg Bright Red/ Red 6362553 80268 1,71 €
6327441.jpg Bright Yellowish Green/ Lime 6327441 25214 0,24 €
6370401.jpg Bright Yellowish Green/ Lime 6370401 71682 0,61 €
6370399.jpg Bright Yellowish Green/ Lime 6370399 42531 0,75 €
6407065.jpg Dark Stone Grey/ Dark Bluish Gray 6407065 80286 0,36 €
6373366.jpg Medium Blue 6373366 22961 0,23 €
6372246.jpg Medium Blue 6372246 71682 0,61 €
6345502.jpg Medium Stone Grey/ Light Bluish Gray 6345502 6575 0,33 €
6327007.jpg Medium Stone Grey/ Light Bluish Gray 6327007 18945 1,52 €
6317177.jpg Medium Stone Grey/ Light Bluish Gray 6317177 69636 1,92 €
6364922.jpg Medium Stone Grey/ Light Bluish Gray 6364922 79717 7,88 €
6328490.jpg Titanium Metallic/ Pearl Dark Gray 6328490 67498 6,40 €
6385882.jpg Warm Gold/ Pearl Gold 6385882 62701 0,35 €
6345328.jpg White 6345328 71709 0,79 €

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone used the rear shock and front hub pieces together to make a Macpherson strut? I want to give it a go but have to wait about 5 weeks for the parts to arrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.