7 hours ago, Jim said:

Maybe it has been mentioned before, but we do see a LOT of white parts (re)appearing. This seems to indicate that we will be getting a big white set (flagship) in 2H 2022.

Now Jim start Talking,  i will mark his word 😀😉

5 hours ago, pleegwat said:

White makes me think Liebherr.

White makes me think Markus will get his space shuttle! In a similar scale and complexity to the osprey, and the osprey battery box being a perfect replacement for 8480s rear set up (it basically is the 8480 rear set up) and the new smaller motor from the last education set, might be a cool, official studless remake of sorts. Not sure it should be the flagship, as today's flagships are 3 times bigger, but still a big set.

Edited by allanp

1 hour ago, Dylan M said:

Now Jim start Talking,  i will mark his word 😀😉

White bushes, white “strange combined mold of two other parts thingie”, white pin connectors with hole in the Pullback Porsche. Those parts were not designed for the sets they appear in.

Blue is also a possibility. Three new panels and a new soft axle in this 2021H1, 3x11 flat panel, #5 and #6 panels and the 11 long soft axle. The Senna also has the white connector Jim mentioned in blue. 

28 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Blue is also a possibility. Three new panels and a new soft axle in this 2021H1, 3x11 flat panel, #5 and #6 panels and the 11 long soft axle. The Senna also has the white connector Jim mentioned in blue. 

Interesting :thumbup: 

I just realized, the new BMW M1000 (42130) front shocks should fit inside of the linear actuator holders.

The next panel extender I'd like to see is the 1x13 curved panel extender liftarm. It will allow a curved surface of 5L width.

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The next panel extender I'd like to see is the 1x13 curved panel extender liftarm. It will allow a curved surface of 5L width.

Good idea, it would be useful for the trapezoid ones too.

On 12/12/2021 at 3:18 AM, allanp said:

White makes me think Markus will get his space shuttle! In a similar scale and complexity to the osprey, and the osprey battery box being a perfect replacement for 8480s rear set up (it basically is the 8480 rear set up) and the new smaller motor from the last education set, might be a cool, official studless remake of sorts. Not sure it should be the flagship, as today's flagships are 3 times bigger, but still a big set.

Very interesting. Osprey's batterybox has 2 switch but normally, non RC model need and use only 1. If I remember right, only 8480 space shuttle is use 2 motor and non-RC set. 8082 is also use 2 motor and non-RC but it is wired remote control so technically it is RC model.

So officially remake 8480 using small angular motor, L C+ motor, dumb batterybox will possible.

Edited by msk6003

On 12/11/2021 at 7:18 PM, allanp said:

White makes me think Markus will get his space shuttle!

;-)

I'm not holding my breath on a new Technic Space Shuttle set, as the Discovery Shuttle set was released just recently and even if it's in another theme, I doubt TLG will be releasing another similar set anytime soon. Of course one can always hope, and if there ever was a designer capable of pulling it off, that would be Markus.

A left and right 45 degree panel (which equals 90 degrees when both used) would be nice to fill in these sorts of gaps.

The axle is how you might connect the two 45 degree panels to themselves,vertically,  but a pin would be better.

They would connect to existing panels using side pins as usual.

panels.png

The vertical pin or axle would at least allow you to make other angles too, but with a gap.

TBH though I dont care about body panels, I care about more functional elements like gears connectors or alternating hole beams.

Edited by SNIPE

24 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

A left and right 45 degree panel (which equals 90 degrees when both used) would be nice to fill in these sorts of gaps.

It only took 28 years to go from 85x85p.jpg?1626703322.3662527 to 85x85p.jpg?1627813986.1796997. So we may see your suggested panel around 2038... :drunk:

I think this part would have to have integrated pins to work, which would limit it's versatility, but it could still be useful.

I agree, though, that I'd much rather have functional parts than panels!

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

The axle is how you might connect the two 45 degree panels to themselves,vertically,  but a pin would be better.

They would connect to existing panels using side pins as usual.

The vertical pin or axle would at least allow you to make other angles too, but with a gap.

TBH though I dont care about body panels, I care about more functional elements like gears connectors or alternating hole beams.

Panel corner (M5RFJTLYT) by efferman (shapeways.com)

@efferman has exatally what you want

23 hours ago, msk6003 said:

has exatally what you want

not exactly. Following his picture he needs a 2x2x3 Corner. Mine is 3x3x3. I can take a look if the pinholes are possible in this dimension.

Edit: with half pins and 3/4 pins it is possible.

51753512842_10bce4f2db_c.jpg

51755075979_278f6eab3d_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

8 hours ago, efferman said:

51755075979_278f6eab3d_c.jpg

I assume the top pins are embedded into the part, where as the bottom pins are just normal 1.5L pins as seperate parts?

Edited by SNIPE

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

embedded into the part

No, the pins are extra. on the thick side fit a 3/4 Pin, on the thin side fits the stud of a half pin. the link in the post above is an .io file to take a look.

16 hours ago, efferman said:

No, the pins are extra. on the thick side fit a 3/4 Pin, on the thin side fits the stud of a half pin. the link in the post above is an .io file to take a look.

Oh, I see now.

Only slight problem is you can't put the 2x3 panel extenders inbetween your part and the 2x3x7 panel curved.

One solution to that would to put studs instead of stud holes on your part then use a half pin to connect the 2x3x7 curved panel to the other side of the 2x3 panel extenders.

This is because lego does not make a 2L pin with stud and no center stop.

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

One solution to that would to put studs instead of stud holes on your part then use a half pin to connect the 2x3x7 curved panel to the other side of the 2x3 panel extenders.

I guess i dont understand.

3 hours ago, efferman said:

I guess i dont understand.

Like this:
solutuon1.png
But just holding the red part on by studs is not strong... please ignore the yellow pins sticking out and just treat the part as having yellow embadded studs on.

Maybe theres a better way to do this like 1L embedded bars which can go inside of pins. But some pins dont have barholes. I guess there is no perfect answer but the lego way should be to make a part that is as compatable as possible other other lego parts.

Also I think theres a new semi-technic mixer drum mould:
60325.png

Edited by SNIPE

First of all I'm sorry to (re)ask following question if it was answered before, but I was looking for answers last several days without any success..my question is - is it possible to use something else than CV joint with 42099 reduction hub because I need to distance it from 5 x 7 frame just one stud (and with CV joint there are two studs distance).

This is the part I'm writing about

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=46490c01&in=S

Thanks for any answer

4 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Yes, you can use an 8 tooth gear or the normal female CV joint.

Jerry you have tested RC version or just manual version with 8 tooth?