Sadly not many new Technic parts got added to PaB since my last parts update in November 2023. Nothing from the January sets. :(
cPgoyKI.png

I got 2 of 3803 recently and they are one of the most impressive parts ive seen in a while, only downside is that 2L axle pins dont fit over the bars all the way which makes them "out of system"

however, system pieces, axle holes, and pin bar holes fit over the 4 bars just fine while staying in system and the pinhole is just awesome for making custom connectors

There is a blogpost on Stonewars that shows a couple of interesting new Technic elements that have approved/pending patent applications by LEGO and are most likely to appear in future sets. Below are the interesting bits for this theme. The 3x3 macaroni piece is already available in 2 colors in the upcoming Dreamzzz sets.
ULx14cx.pngLEGO-neue-teile-anmeldungen-13.jpg

Wow, thanks for the info! They all look interesting. I guess the macaroni piece would be mostly suitable for decorations in Technic sets, and the green ones for City cranes. From the remaining 3 I can't imagine what the middle one would be useful for.

Those parts in upper line (small and in white) are very very usefull. Now let's hope they will be in black

3 minutes ago, jovel said:

Is there something that should fit into that green thing?

Exactly my thoughts. Was wondering the same thing.

Ooh, cool! The 3x13 frame could be handy, but the one I'm most interested in is the axle with pinhole connector in the top right! I feel like that's a part I've wanted many times

2 hours ago, jovel said:

Is there something that should fit into that green thing?

The original article suggests that this part could be used with it, for some kind of gear drive from below:
https://www.stonewars.de/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/LEGO-neue-teile-anmeldungen-02.jpg

73763 worm gear has the same 1 stud spacing of teeth, and would fit neatly in the 6 stud gap of the 8 stud long frame piece.  So it'd be a very easy to build crane arm, you run axles through the center hole until the end section where there's a worm gear. 

The 6x13 diagonal I suppose could be used to brace frames at a larger scale?  Lots of sets use the 3x5 L beam and 5x9 (32009) beam to keep things square, this is another option to do that, the actual 5x8 diagonal it represents doesn't seem like a special triangle to me.  It's not a pythagorean triple, 4x8 would have matched up with wedge plates but I don't think this does.  The existing 2637 16 long link I suppose can only do the 9-12-15 triple so maybe this fills a gap in diagonal lengths, between the 6-4 bent liftarm (which does 3-4-5) and 16 link.

Edited by Stereo

the pinhole with axle 3 will be a game changer, 2L friction pin with bar hole would have been better but oh well

Edited by SNIPE

51 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

the pinhole with axle 3 will be a game changer, 2L friction pin with bar hole would have been better but oh well

Game changer? How so? It's an interesting part no doubt, and I can see application, but I cannot yet imagine a use that could not have been done using other parts?

6 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Game changer? How so? It's an interesting part no doubt, and I can see application, but I cannot yet imagine a use that could not have been done using other parts?

I do sometimes (frequently) find myself in need for a pinhole with a 2L axle or a 2L pin. But not so much a 3L axle yet.. So probably better than nothig, but not as good as if things were systematic and progressing in proper steps. I wonder though if these are only templates, and the actual patents cover a family of parts in different sizes, instead of just exactly one size. Patents tend to be as generic as possible.

The 3x13 frame does definitely seem useful for smaller models where the 3x19 is too long to fit.

The diagonal thing is also interesting, but seems large at first sight.

I think the diagonal thing will be too bendy to make much difference... also diagonals waste a lot of space but Yeah, I meant that I will use it like a 2L pin with pinhole (but with axle at least 1 axle hole

Here is why this 3L axle part will be awesome: normally to attach a  mini turn table to  a 5x7 frame you use 2 3L axles going thru the turn tables 2 pinholes and then you use purpendicular axle connectors along with 4 vertical 3L axles to clamp it all in place , but you dont have any room for other stuff so bummer.

With this part you still have 1L of free axle space on either side of the turntables pinhole, how AMAZING IS THAT¡¿!?¡¿!?¡¿!?¡¿!!

Edited by SNIPE

OK here is what I mean:

800x392.png

I kinda was able to replicate the new parts  using shock 6L absorber ends with a few caveats:

800x600.jpg

And what would that contraption be useful for?

I guess you can always find a usage that requires a specific part, sure. But I guess probably it would be easier to find more uses for a pinhole with 2L axle. If we call a connection that connects two things in whatever way a basic connection (most existing connectors are like that), then the next logical class off connectors is one that merges two basic connectors into one. And in this case, that would be one unit longer axle or pin on the pinhole.