12 hours ago, astyanax said:

Finally I was able to dig up my old building instructions. They came with an additional loose 2-sided page to 'correct' steps 18 and 19.

Specifically, the White wheel hubs are replaced by Light Gray ones, and the Light Gray towball-axles are replaced by Black ones.

I do not know the reason for these replacements. Perhaps there was a weakness in the White wheel hubs.

To be clear: my set 8880 contained all parts for either step 18. Following the corrected step 18, I was left at the end with 4 White wheel hubs and 4 Light Gray towball-axles.

The new step 19 only contains some clarifications:

I have two variants also, my first one released in 1994 had the black 16t clutch gears and grey tow balls with axle. A newer one i have has the grey clutch gears and black towballs with connector peg, the steering arms have a round hole to accept them. I didn't know they had black tow balls with the axle end.

Has anybody counted the newer technic parts for 2023?

From my perception, this has to be the year of the most newly introduced parts ever...

I think that the design department found out they wanted smaller panels, and they started working on creating a sensible/coherent set of them in one go, and when they had something, it proved so useful for smaller models that they decided to produce them all at once.

At least that's my perception with all the new small panels coming. I really think this will change the design of smaller models.

The tyres on the Audi e-whatever are gonna be great for loaders, scrapers, haulers, rollers, graders, excavators, and pretty much any other item of heavy machinery.

Although they do use a new size of hub as well, which are gonna have to be made in a variety of colours to be more versatile. Right now they only come in red, which limits their use.

Edited by Maaboo35

3 hours ago, Jundis said:

Has anybody counted the newer technic parts for 2023?

From my perception, this has to be the year of the most newly introduced parts ever...

3 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I think that the design department found out they wanted smaller panels, and they started working on creating a sensible/coherent set of them in one go, and when they had something, it proved so useful for smaller models that they decided to produce them all at once.

It's not just panels though. I've been thinking about this for a while now. To me it feels like we've started seeing more new parts overall in the technic line. Eager to see if it is the start of a trend or just a temporary thing. I have no numbers backing this up though. I predict that we will see some very interesting new parts for the next 1:8 car.

3 hours ago, Jundis said:

Hmm the rims look like standard 43.2... Only in red :-) 

I also thought that, @Maaboo35 why do you think they are new?

18 hours ago, astyanax said:

Any fans of pink technic connectors and bushes?!

In a parrot, yes.

In something like a predominantly white with pink and teal accents Sukuki Jimny type compact 4x4, with working 4 wheel drive, live axle suspension, steering, piston engine and working retractable soft top aimed towards young females, maybe encouraging them to think about a future career in engineering (like Technic did with me as a young boy), that would be great.

In the bowls of a gearbox or excavator, nooooooooo!

It seems the hope for getting axles and bushes in more useful colors is centered on themes outside of Technic. The two recent recolors of the half bush have been in non-Technic themes.

My google skills are pretty poor, sorry.

Does 9L flip-flop beam exist?

1 minute ago, Lipko said:

My google skills are pretty poor, sorry.

Does 9L flip-flop beam exist?

Not (yet?)

According to the inventory Rebrickable imported from TLG for set 76252, the frictionless axle-pin will come in Pearl Dark Gray...

250x250p.jpg?1685972133.7850888

5 hours ago, astyanax said:

According to the inventory Rebrickable imported from TLG for set 76252, the frictionless axle-pin will come in Pearl Dark Gray...

That sounds like a pretty stupid color choice for a part that's never really visible for the most part. Also Rebrickable says there's a color error there, and the set has them in blue as well. Or is the color error because it's supposed to be a new color not yet in the inventory of parts in general?

On the other hand, it would be great to have this in black again..

Rebrickable always has color errors for brand new parts. Give it a few days. The blue ones are with friction by the way, these are without friction. 

Anyway, here they are:

800x575.png

Kind of weird they recolored it when they're not visible in this set, and also not used elsewhere. 

Edited by LvdH

Maybe it's a sign of changing to more monochrome pieces from blue pins (with axle)

Edited by Jockos

Perhaps we'll see this Pearl Dark Gray axle-pin used a lot in MOCs where a Blue axle-pin would otherwise be too visible and distracting -- provided the friction isn't needed.

I checked the "replacement parts" service on the LEGO website and it does show "Titan. Metal." axle pins in the parts list. I briefly thought it might have been an error but it seems completely legit.  

Well if they are frictionless then they are not going to be used in place of the blue ones, at best in place of the tan ones.

13 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Well if they are frictionless then they are not going to be used in place of the blue ones, at best in place of the tan ones.

Yes, but it still can be an indicator of an upcoming recolored version of the blue ones. Which, obviously, would be a welcomed step.

17 hours ago, LvdH said:

Kind of weird they recolored it when they're not visible in this set, and also not used elsewhere. 

Well, the key words here seem to be "in this set". I bet they will be very visible in some other set, rather sooner than later. What LEGO does is a mass production; these axle pins would never be recolored just like that because it costs money. So let's wait and see :) .

Edited by dmaclego

18 hours ago, dmaclego said:

Well, the key words here seem to be "in this set". I bet they will be very visible in some other set, rather sooner than later. What LEGO does is a mass production; these axle pins would never be recolored just like that because it costs money. So let's wait and see :) .

Recolour parts in a useful colour for technic is to much to ask for. Black pins are dark magic! BUT pink bushes for a 253 pieces 3 in 1 creator parrot are desperately needed :pir-murder: