+O beam coming in red in 42153 NASCAR Next Gen Chevy Camaro, finally!

technic-q2-2023-wave-new-parts-42152-421

Also, 98989 is coming in Black in 42155 The Batman Batcycle.

85x85p.jpg

13 hours ago, astyanax said:

+O beam coming in red in 42153 NASCAR Next Gen Chevy Camaro, finally!

technic-q2-2023-wave-new-parts-42152-421

Also, 98989 is coming in Black in 42155 The Batman Batcycle.

85x85p.jpg

Unfortunately no. Balasz's video shows the parts list, the +O beam in red it is not used.

47 minutes ago, karmadrome said:

Unfortunately no. Balasz's video shows the parts list, the +O beam in red it is not used.

You can also spot it at around 4:50 in the video.

I would like to use a flexible part to model the safety belt on a car's seat.

biRYowf.png

The part should start from the bottom left corner and connect to the axle hole in the top right corner. 

Any suggestion?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The part should start from the bottom left corner and connect to the axle hole in the top right corner. 

Any suggestion?

I don't know if it would work here, but I used some motor cables to simulate that one time.

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

biRYowf.png

Any suggestion?

this part :

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=73590c02b#T=C

you can remove the end part and insert both end into a pin or a hole

New part, it's like part 18677 but 1 module longer and without semi hollow studs:

fUSLFnQ.jpg

Edited by SNIPE

I'm gonna get a handful of part 72008 in Black when they hit PaB in 3 months time (hopefully)!

85x85p.jpg

Super useful part in my experience!

Yesterday when building my 42155 I noticed that both 32198 gears were not completely straight when turning the axle. Before contacting CS I checked the gears I already had in my colkection and those where not straight as well. I don't think I am the only one who has this problem. The 42155 works fine so it is hard to notice the problem.

1 hour ago, vliet said:

when building my 42155 I noticed that both 32198 gears were not completely straight when turning the axle

I also noticed it in my 42155, but it works and now when build is complete problem is no longer visible, so I don't bother.

1 hour ago, vliet said:

32198 gears were not completely straight when turning the axle

Happened to me several times in the past. Very annoying in applications where low friction is crucial.

12t double bevel gears in dark bluish grey in set 75363

lego-star-wars-75363-n-1-starfighter-moc

7 minutes ago, mpj said:

12t double bevel gears in dark bluish grey in set 75363

Not normal 12t. That is this part.

250x250p.jpg?1658333244.676594

And looks like still LBG I think?

Edited by msk6003

I wish TLG would update the mould of many of the windscreen pieces they've made and make more of them with pinholes to be "compatible" with technic pieces and models.

As a fan of Star Wars and starships and a primary Technic builder I've gotten into doing starships with technic parts and although there are many windscreen/canopy type pieces, I feel like many more of them should be made with pinholes in the back, like these:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=45705#T=C
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41881#T=C

Especially seeing as some of these bigger windshield pieces have a 1L thickness in the back regardless, I think they should be fitted with pinholes to make them more versatile.

7 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Not normal 12t. That is this part.

250x250p.jpg?1658333244.676594

And looks like still LBG I think?

Didn't know this part existed! Sorry 

3 hours ago, N-4K0 said:

I wish TLG would update the mould of many of the windscreen pieces they've made and make more of them with pinholes to be "compatible" with technic pieces and models.

As a fan of Star Wars and starships and a primary Technic builder I've gotten into doing starships with technic parts and although there are many windscreen/canopy type pieces, I feel like many more of them should be made with pinholes in the back, like these:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=45705#T=C
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41881#T=C

Especially seeing as some of these bigger windshield pieces have a 1L thickness in the back regardless, I think they should be fitted with pinholes to make them more versatile.

I'm afraid that wouldn't be possible in the near future regardless of the technology. My main concern is that it would either be milky (like in 42148), or a one-off piece, like the 1:8 supercar rims. And would block the accessibility of the interior. And last but no least it would break the consistency in looks of previous models

Found myself needing a rounded off clip version of the exoforce robot hand peice https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/PN/85/48729a.png

As the spikes on the end make it hard to put in smaller bar gaps at 90 degrees when this part fits perfectly https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/PN/3/11090.png

I prefer being purist but had to cut the stud end of this robot arm for my project. https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/PN/9/4735.png

It a bit loose but it works none the less. Though I wish lego made a purist form of it. (Wouldn't be that hard even)

Edited by Takanuinuva

14 hours ago, Jockos said:

I'm afraid that wouldn't be possible in the near future regardless of the technology. My main concern is that it would either be milky (like in 42148), or a one-off piece, like the 1:8 supercar rims. And would block the accessibility of the interior. And last but no least it would break the consistency in looks of previous models

For accessibility, I think the pinholes could be facing down so the windshield could be removed upwards if need be, to make it easier.

For the 2 pieces I linked, I have some of the first one and I use 2x of the "pin with pinhole" part inserted in the windshield and then attached to a liftarm with a 3L pin.
I don't use any studded bricks in the front to hold it closed and I've only used it for a few SW-inspired fighters, but I would like to have more options that could be attached with pins which I personally prefer.

In regards to the plastic and how the trans-clear panel appears to be kinda frosted, I have no idea why they did it that way. The windshield parts, even the ones that have pinholes, are clear and I can only assume it's a different type of plastic, maybe for strength reasons?
But the trans-clear/colored liftarms were all made with clear plastic AFAIK and they should be sturdy enough... but maybe it's different since they are made thicked due to being liftarms.

I created a small MOC which shows 8 ways to create half stud offsets using the following Technic parts:

640x132.png

Excluding thin liftarms and non contemporary parts, did I miss any parts you think?