1 hour ago, Void_S said:

The stop in the middle... May I guess the new part should be in Tan color? :blush:

The stop is necessary I think, because anything going further would get too close to the female part and could prohibit articulation. I'd guess DBG color by the way.

Just saw this newish part in Brickset's Random Part of the Day, and it looks like the part I always wanted to make compact 4-way steppers, without the 45 degree offset that knob wheels give you! It's even essentially only one stud in width (two plates plus studs)

6325254.jpg

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Just saw this newish part in Brickset's Random Part of the Day, and it looks like the part I always wanted to make compact 4-way steppers, without the 45 degree offset that knob wheels give you! It's even essentially only one stud in width (two plates plus studs)

6325254.jpg

I tried this part in the sians paddle shifter as an alterative to the 24T gear and the four pin+1L beams. It didn't work however :/

I was just looking through a new Lego catalog, and noticed this new wheelchair wheel part, part 80441, which looks to be a half stud thick with a pinhole.

I wonder what uses it might have for Technic, being so small and skinny!

6400773.jpg

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

3 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I wonder what uses it might have for Technic

Wheel for classic car which is polybag scale? Anyway I want that.

If the tyre is removable they would make great pulleys for small cranes. With the usual problem that you can't ever let them lose tension, but it's still a heap better than the alternatives.

6 hours ago, Moz said:

If the tyre is removable they would make great pulleys for small cranes. With the usual problem that you can't ever let them lose tension, but it's still a heap better than the alternatives.

It is molded/glued on. Only if you remove it with some sharp tool...

FYI, hundred+ new parts were added to Pick a Brick on the US site today. Including these little beauties and all the vibrant yellow parts from 42145!

6365695.jpg

lego-gear-wheel-z20-81346-27-985573.jpg

Edited by shroomzofdoom

1 hour ago, shroomzofdoom said:

FYI, hundred+ new parts were added to Pick a Brick on the US site today. Including these little beauties and all the vibrant yellow parts from 42145!

Sweet, thanks for the heads-up! The blue 12T/20T gears were both back in stock as well, along with some other cool stuff, so I'll finally get to try some of the new gears and pins out thanks to $20 in VIP points!

Nice, a lot of new-ish parts available, though of course nothing new from the most recent sets. Still I just put in an order of about 150€, fixing a lot of gaps in my inventory...

On 1/20/2023 at 2:58 PM, shroomzofdoom said:

6365695.jpg

lego-gear-wheel-z20-81346-27-985573.jpg

I hope that Balljoint pin part becomes more common. It's useful

Anyone know if these two parts fit together?

nqhAjcI.png

Also the upcoming stuntz sets have the small hoop pieces {77107} in lime, in purple and in orange, I thought the orange was bigger but I think its just photo editing trickery on lego's image(s).

Edited by SNIPE

36 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

he upcoming stuntz sets have the small hoop pieces {77107} in lime, in purple and in orange, I

These actually appear to be a new, larger hoop piece!

On 1/31/2023 at 12:50 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

These actually appear to be a new, larger hoop piece!

yep, looking at 60359 these should be 15*15, not 11*11

On 2/2/2023 at 1:40 PM, aeh5040 said:

The pin with ball looks interesting. Any ideas what to use it for?

I find them pretty useful in linkage based steering mechanisms for example. But basically anywhere where the linkage moves and needs space, so it is good to have the mounting point of the ball pin further away from the ball so that the link does not hit the scaffold structure.

Just started seeing my Standard PAB orders placed just after the Christmas rush start flowing in (a tad under 5 weeks to the US).

I was happy to see 27940 in black and 65249 in MSG.

72008 looked interesting and fits axles so I bought a few. Not sure what I'll use them for...

H1p2hX9.md.jpg

Edited by shroomzofdoom

New curved technic panel in trans light blue: 

Edited by SNIPE

It just occured to me that one of my favourite childhood town sets, 6361 Mobile crane introduced a part that is technically the first proper liftarm ever, waaay before liftarms became a thing in Technic:

image.png.e8983725f3375f22b398b1e09f2e020d.png
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2351&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Since it is basically a 15L Liftarm with modified end with studs on both sides, I wonder if anyone ever considered using this piece in a Technic MOC. I checked Rebrickable, and there's no Technic MOC using this part. I feel it might be really useful for combining brick-built elements with technic structures.

So, has anyone of you every used this piece in a Technic MOC?

And speaking of liftarms, does anyone know why the technic beams are called "liftarms" after all?

1 hour ago, karmadrome said:

It just occured to me that one of my favourite childhood town sets, 6361 Mobile crane introduced a part that is technically the first proper liftarm ever, waaay before liftarms became a thing in Technic:

image.png.e8983725f3375f22b398b1e09f2e020d.png
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2351&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Since it is basically a 15L Liftarm with modified end with studs on both sides, I wonder if anyone ever considered using this piece in a Technic MOC. I checked Rebrickable, and there's no Technic MOC using this part. I feel it might be really useful for combining brick-built elements with technic structures.

So, has anyone of you every used this piece in a Technic MOC?

And speaking of liftarms, does anyone know why the technic beams are called "liftarms" after all?

I think it's a kind of too general and too specialized part at the same time. With the length of 15 has to be a part of the structure of whatever it's used in, but in those cases normal 15L (or whatever length is suitable) is probably usually used. On the other hand, the studs on the end make it useful only on rare circumstances, and most builders probably would try to find another solution first anyway.

It's also probably not that common, being used only in 16 sets over the 18 years of its production, so I don't think many people have more than one or two of those, which makes it unlikely to be considered useful in Technic builds.

Also, I'm not sure if pins fit into the holes properly, the normal liftarms have an expanded recess for pin to snap into, which this doesn't seem to have. It could work if it was thinner overall, but I don't think that is the case (can't verify though, as I don't have that part at hand).

I have one of these parts and they are not 1L unfortunatley, but around 0.8 or 0.9L thick which makes it pretty much useless to be incorporated into a technic moc