As a amature GBC builder, I want use it for vertical ball lift.
Or it will be awesome if that part and match with splat gear.

I'm not sure how that worm would work with current gears, but it does look great for augers. The Thirdwigg Farm could use a gazillion of those. 

7 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

The Thirdwigg Farm could use a gazillion of those. 

:laugh: I clearly see all these screw-drive pipes mounted on all your fantastic machinery. They perfectly match.
Should we ask Jim or Milan for a badge with not a 16t gear but this new screw-worm?

Edited by Void_S

nice, we get the (62531) 2x3x11 smooth curved panel in dark blue, now I just hope that the upcoming ford GT will have the #3 and #4 panels in dark blue for my dark blue 42056 mod.

It's dark blue!

39 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

I'm not sure how that worm would work with current gears, but it does look great for augers. The Thirdwigg Farm could use a gazillion of those. 

YES! FINALLY A SHORT THREADED POLE.

The best we could do before was the 32L threaded pole used in city fire/minecraft sets.

Shame this 6L one is not able to slide through axle holes though :/

Edited by SNIPE
dark blue

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Should we ask Jim or Milan for a badge with not a 16t gear but this new screw-worm?

I would love this!

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

YES! FINALLY A SHORT THREADED POLE.

The best we could do before was the 32L threaded pole used in city fire/minecraft sets.

Shame this 6L one is not able to slide through axle holes though :/

Yeah, I am interested to see a little info about this part. Can an axle go all the way through? How many threads are on it (1, 2?).

Either way, I want all of the ones LEGO is going to produce this year.

7 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

Yes, that must be very close! I’m not sure about the middle pin hole though. I think the middle pin hole is perpendicular…. 

Oh, maybe you are indeed right, I forgot that the middle pin need not be part of the part :classic:, but it can be inserted if the holes are perpendicular. Yeah, that second part makes more sense, than the first one predicted by @Zerobricks (that was my first guess too). And it should be quite useful!

I have been soo waitig for the 7L flip-flops, already buidling with them in Studio :)

Edited by gyenesvi

3 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I would love this!

Yeah, I am interested to see a little info about this part. Can an axle go all the way through? How many threads are on it (1, 2?).

Either way, I want all of the ones LEGO is going to produce this year.

Well, it most certainly looks like it is quadruple thread, pitch 1L and lead 4L. So with every turn you'll move 4 studs axially. If my eyes don't trick me, I see a blue axle end and I recon it's a new 20L that goes all the way through.

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

Well, it most certainly looks like it is quadruple thread, pitch 1L and lead 4L. So with every turn you'll move 4 studs axially. If my eyes don't trick me, I see a blue axle end and I recon it's a new 20L that goes all the way through.

Looks to me like it would have to be a 23L to go all the way through. 1 on the far end, 6*3=18 for the stuff inside the screws, and 4 on the near end would make that.
I think it's more likely that there are multiple axles inside the screws (Perhaps they've only got holes 1 stud deep, and are just connected by 2L axles), and the blue on the end of the screw is just a standard friction axle-pin going into the red part, with (presumably) one of the black pin+2L axle parts going from the red part, through the brick, and one stud deep into the screw.

They do look like very interesting parts, though! It would be nice if the sliding part that meshes with it were a bit more Technic-compatible, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Yes, the blue axle is the friction pin which is used with the pin joiner to form a safety clutch so you don't overscrew and push apart the build. I think a good use case would also be extension for mobile crane booms.

a little bit different question - did ever exist any kind of gear that could be used with this hub without using pulley wheels?

14 minutes ago, 1gor said:

a little bit different question - did ever exist any kind of gear that could be used with this hub without using pulley wheels?

Nope.

8 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Nope.

i hate that answer...but thank anyway. I couldn't find anything like, but there is always a chance that i miss something...

50 minutes ago, 1gor said:

i hate that answer...but thank anyway. I couldn't find anything like, but there is always a chance that i miss something...

Is this can't work?

250x250p.jpg?1658355443.1463485

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

How do you want it to be used with the hub?

8 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

How do you want it to be used with the hub?

With 42099 hub which us (for space that I have ½studs to long when using with cv joint) and part 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18587#T=S&O

keeps popping out when i put more weight...

13 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Is this can't work?

it is 0.5 studs to long...

16 minutes ago, 1gor said:

With 42099 hub which us (for space that I have ½studs to long when using with cv joint)

The set 42099 does not use this wheel hub, it uses the planetary hubs and I still don't understand, maybe post a picture.

5 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

The set 42099 does not use this wheel hub, it uses the planetary hubs and I still don't understand, maybe post a picture.

i know that it uses this one: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoUfgZG_h81nZg_pABTWR

i can post picture tomorrow, since to take it out I'll wake someone...I hope you understand. Idea is to use it with PF XL motor since they have a ball joint and with front axle solution that i post in my tread I'm not completely satisfied.

Edited by 1gor

what part of the hub does the gear mesh with? you can use an 8 tooth gear or an old 16 tooth gear inside of the planetary hubs ball socket, or use baroki eyes with a 6 hole disc to make a 3  tooth bevel gear

4 hours ago, SNIPE said:

what part of the hub does the gear mesh with? you can use an 8 tooth gear or an old 16 tooth gear inside of the planetary hubs ball socket, or use baroki eyes with a 6 hole disc to make a 3  tooth bevel gear

whole idea is here 

Anyone else wish that the 7x11 frame would be more like the 5x7 frame and not have alternating holes in the short ends? I recon it would have been more useful that way.

Edited by zoo

4 minutes ago, zoo said:

Anyone else wish that the 7x11 frame would be more like the 5x7 frame and not have alternating holes in the short ends? I recon it would have been more useful that way.

actually i would prefer that 5 x 7 frame has holes like this 

92910.png

or that frame 5 x 7 has the same ball joint as above at one end

3 minutes ago, 1gor said:

actually i would prefer that 5 x 7 frame has holes like this 

92910.png

For 5 x 7 frame It would be fine with only the middle hole horizontal with frame I guess. But to say the 5 x 7 frame should have ball join at the end would surely make it way less useful. But I can understand if you would want a part like that in addition to the already existing frame. :)

4 minutes ago, zoo said:

For 5 x 7 frame It would be fine with only the middle hole horizontal with frame I guess. But to say the 5 x 7 frame should have ball join at the end would surely make it way less useful. But I can understand if you would want a part like that in addition to the already existing frame. :)

I meant in addition to existing frame

On 12/4/2022 at 12:08 PM, 1gor said:

I'd prefer this one without the ball joint on the end :)

On 12/4/2022 at 12:01 PM, zoo said:

I think it's more useful as it is now for many things, the alternating holes can have more interesting connections (form locking).