50 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Check out this Q&A underneath the article:

Anonymous2 Aug 2022, 14:49:00

Any news from LEGO or the AFOLET team about when we might be able to buy these through Pick a Brick? I was definitively told by LEGO Customer Service back in March that new novelty parts would be available in Pick a Brick on a 3 month delay from their respective launch dates and this was due to a new rule that had come into play. I guess that rule was scrapped, but for what? My best guess is a new subscription service and the new elements are being withheld just long enough that we'll actually be grateful to have a new paywall.

tobymac2 Aug 2022, 14:56:00

In short: not any time soon. They are still figuring out how to handle the massive volume of orders as they are now, before introducing more elements to the inventory.

:wall:

Edited by astyanax
cleaning up

4 hours ago, astyanax said:

Check out this Q&A underneath the article:

I don;t see any Q&A, there are comments but this is nothing to do with the turntable ?

6 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I don;t see any Q&A, there are comments but this is nothing to do with the turntable ?

I literally meant there's a Question and an Answer. One pair. :sweet: You're right they're in the comments, I copied them above.

My point was, 5 months after the introduction of the new 3-month-rule for novel parts to appear on PaB, there's still no view toward the new parts from March appearing anytime soon...

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

My point was, 5 months after the introduction of the new 3-month-rule for novel parts to appear on PaB, there's still no view toward the new parts from March appearing anytime soon...

Not just that, NONE of the new pieces or recolors of existing pieces released this year are available to order on PaB, as far as I have checked. The current service is absolutely embarrassingly bad. The shipping times are still long, though admittedly they have improved, but it’s still four weeks vs six weeks. :hmpf_bad:

That moment when new bricks appear copied on Aliexpress before they are available on B&P :oh:

Idk what TLG is playing at keeping new bricks back. The chinese will not wait, and s&h is faster too compared to B&P. How...

Yeah I was going  to do a PAB order, but since lego are being so useless recently, I'll use bricklink instead. And I use smyths toys to buy sets.

Edited by SNIPE

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

That moment when new bricks appear copied on Aliexpress before they are available on B&P :oh:

Idk what TLG is playing at keeping new bricks back. The chinese will not wait, and s&h is faster too compared to B&P. How...

They want you to buy the whole sets where the new parts appear in.

53 minutes ago, karmadrome said:

f73c87f184735cc41dbc4f8310f2c0033d5e6d1c

1 hour ago, karmadrome said:

To be fair I have done that several times, and will do it several times more. For some MOCs it’s just cheaper to buy a set instead of Bricklinking the whole thing. For instance, the McLaren P1 by Bruno, Aston Martin DB11 by Jeroen Ottens and Aston Martin Vantage by Dugald it was cheaper (at the time :grin:) to buy a second hand Porsche GT3RS for €150-€200. I will buy a second and third Ferrari Daytona when a nice deal comes along or when I just need most of its parts. 

But when you just need a few new panels in high quantities it would be nice to just order them separately instead of spending hundreds on some sets where 95% is not useful. I just needed 20 of the new 2x3 panel in red for a build. There are some on Bricklink for the low price of $7.95 a piece, but I think I will wait a bit…

Even though they are not on the PAB, many parts released after 3 months can be ordered by calling TLG customer service by phone. I've done it twice now for the new blue gears and 3x19 frames. It's far better than paying bricklink prices. 

What if those popular parts are bought by resellers (scaplers)? Happens a lot these days and is totally a business case.  Buy reasonable priced from Lego and sell expensive while it is out of stock. Only put a smaller number into your shop not to be suspicious. When there are finally enough parts available you can still sell it for a reasonable price with a smaller margin. The tools to scan onlineshops and buy automatically are available  :wall:

I just today ordered 10497 and had to make a PaB order in addition to get the Forestmen extra along with my order. I wanted to order 3x19 frames, but those, as with anything else released this year, are not available, so in the end I ordered 2 new compressor pumps and 100 rubber tread attachments. Not sure if I'm ever going to make a tracked vehicle which would need those rubber pads, but there they are now...

Anyway, they promised a processing time of up to 15 days. We'll see how it goes.

21 hours ago, LvdH said:

To be fair I have done that several times, and will do it several times more. For some MOCs it’s just cheaper to buy a set instead of Bricklinking the whole thing. For instance, the McLaren P1 by Bruno, Aston Martin DB11 by Jeroen Ottens and Aston Martin Vantage by Dugald it was cheaper (at the time :grin:) to buy a second hand Porsche GT3RS for €150-€200. I will buy a second and third Ferrari Daytona when a nice deal comes along or when I just need most of its parts. 

But when you just need a few new panels in high quantities it would be nice to just order them separately instead of spending hundreds on some sets where 95% is not useful. I just needed 20 of the new 2x3 panel in red for a build. There are some on Bricklink for the low price of $7.95 a piece, but I think I will wait a bit…

I basically agree with you, but we're talking about new pieces that only appear in new sets here - there is no second-hand market for these sets yet. That means, you have to buy the set if you want the new pieces as Lego's pick-a-brick service doesn't list the new pieces yet.

For example, I was multiple times over the fence to buy the Megalodon just for the new red friction-halfpins, and I'm glad I didn't. Now that they appeared in DBG, I will buy a batch from Bricklink once the prices settle. Had I bought the Megalodon set, I would have a lot of Panels and Liftarms in a colour that I will probably never use...

On 8/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, LvdH said:

I'm waiting for exactly those parts too and I think that one additional problem is that the inventory of the Ferrari has not yet been published on Bricklink and so sellers can't sell single parts either. Lego owns Bricklink and they're having the control of parts sales here too.

5 hours ago, mpj said:

I'm waiting for exactly those parts too and I think that one additional problem is that the inventory of the Ferrari has not yet been published on Bricklink and so sellers can't sell single parts either. Lego owns Bricklink and they're having the control of parts sales here too.

I hardly wait for two specific Ferrari parts - gears in differential... unusual that even in August there is no inventory available... perhaps I have missed something about time of inventory publishing...

I there anyone who has;

• 2 of the new 12T not-beveled blue gears
  • Some small chain pieces
  • Any motor to drive 1 of the gears
  • Make a setup with the 2gears, 1driven by the motor, 1 idler make a nice chain around them.
    • 1st test, just let the motor run, does it make clicking noise? (If you want to know what I mean, try a 16T red clutch gear as idler, it makes an awefull noise. Or a 8T gear, it's to small for the chain to bend around)
    • 2nd test, put some resistance on the idler axle with your fingers, more and more to see if the driven gear starts to skip. (The same test with 2x normal 16T gears would either rip the chain open or stall the motor)

I'ld like to know if I can use this gear to make conveyor belts, as they can be even more low profile, now the 16T gear is the smallest useable.

EDIT: Extra question, does anyone have this 12T spur gear as Stud.Io part? I can't find it yet in the library.

Edited by Mr Jos

7 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

does anyone have this 12T spur gear as Stud.Io part?

It's available among the unofficial parts at ldraw.org, perhaps you can import it.

Found in facebook page and someone said new 60t in 42144 is not bevel anymore. I can't check now so is someone can check it?

Edited by msk6003

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Found in facebook page and someone said new 60t in 42144 is not bevel anymore. I can't check now so is someone can check it?

I said it indeed, as it's a new part ID, and the photo shown was indeed a straight gear 60T turntable. I just wonder why, maybe less friction in some setups? Or anything else better?.. If so I might need to buy 7 of them and change them out in my 6axis-robot, they all use gears as spurs, not bevelled.

But I don't have the set, so can't confirm hands-on.

33 minutes ago, 1gor said:

I apologize in advance if this question was answered before; can this bar with towball be used on black pin 2 studs long, and how stiff is the connection?

I'm looking for solution since pin with towball is 2studs long and I need 3 studs long.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=22484#T=C

Thanks for answer

It's not the strongest of connection. BUT LEGO did release such a part, it's mentioned in this very topic here:

3 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

It's not the strongest of connection. BUT LEGO did release such a part, it's mentioned in this very topic here:

I needed it for suspension link, but I'll have on worst case to use panhard rod like on Unimog.

Now I have to figure out (after I buy it this new part) how to put it through both pinhole on frame and on liftarm below it...