I called today to ask about the 3x19 frames and the new blue gears. The agent let me place an order over the phone even though they weren't available on the website. Anyone really itching to get some newer parts that are beyond the '3 month rule' should give them a call rather than waiting on them to be available on PAB. Huzzah! 

On 6/15/2022 at 9:44 PM, keymaker said:

You broke the system! :D All parts on your list are not available on PaB. But if they sent you them, so there is a chance they will be available to order soon.

On 6/17/2022 at 12:38 AM, shroomzofdoom said:

I called today to ask about the 3x19 frames and the new blue gears. The agent let me place an order over the phone even though they weren't available on the website. Anyone really itching to get some newer parts that are beyond the '3 month rule' should give them a call rather than waiting on them to be available on PAB. Huzzah! 

Looks like we might've found a backdoor into the system :) Hopefully support doesn't get flooded with requests following these posts, but on the other hand, if they do, they'll know they should hurry up to make those parts widely available!

Guys, the black pins that came with my new Defender set (June, 2022) are (pleasingly) different. My first Defender (Nov, 2019) had those glossy black pins with strong clutch sounds. The pins that came with my HD Tow Truck (December, 2021) are notoriously almost non-clutchy and colour is also different (which have been discussed in EB forums). Howevr, the pins with new Defender are deep black, much to the glossy look and clutches very well with slightly soft clicks. What version are these black pins? The blue 3L pins also are of same nature although they are less glossy.

Another thing that I observed the bushes and axles engaging pattern. When I try to insert a red bush to any new axle it sorta feels some resistance and then gets pushed in as if a friction pin is clutched one stud inside a beam hole lol. I find this helpful specially when you insert the red bushes into the 3L axles which then goes inside the differentials. I wish I get to see them from now on :pir-hmpf_bad:

22 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Guys, the black pins that came with my new Defender set (June, 2022) are (pleasingly) different. My first Defender (Nov, 2019) had those glossy black pins with strong clutch sounds. The pins that came with my HD Tow Truck (December, 2021) are notoriously almost non-clutchy and colour is also different (which have been discussed in EB forums). Howevr, the pins with new Defender are deep black, much to the glossy look and clutches very well with slightly soft clicks. What version are these black pins? The blue 3L pins also are of same nature although they are less glossy.

Another thing that I observed the bushes and axles engaging pattern. When I try to insert a red bush to any new axle it sorta feels some resistance and then gets pushed in as if a friction pin is clutched one stud inside a beam hole lol. I find this helpful specially when you insert the red bushes into the 3L axles which then goes inside the differentials. I wish I get to see them from now on :pir-hmpf_bad:

If this is consistent, then it is good news. TLG might have trialed with different plastics, and the non-click pins are terrible to use. If they don't click, how can you know it's inserted properly? Still, I hardly doubt it, you probably just got a set with pins from the storage unit from a few years ago.

7 hours ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

If they don't click, how can you know it's inserted properly?

Exactly!

7 hours ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

Still, I hardly doubt it, you probably just got a set with pins from the storage unit from a few years ago.

That I also think.

@Carsten SvendsenI just have checked that the soft shock absorbers (2x) that came with my new Defender are of the newer variants where the spring coils are less dense; the ones we have seen on the 42139 rough terrain ATV. Also the white rubber bands (x) seem much tighter and they are noticeably glossy. They IMO a bit too tight LOL :pir-tongue:

Edited by thekoRngear

Ours usually only take a few days from Denmark to NZ, that's why I preferred to use bricks and pieces to pick a brick, shipping from Poland is slow and unreliable,  I had several orders not arrive. Now they have combined them I have no choice in where to order from. Their tracking never works. 

19 minutes ago, Bricktrain said:

Ours usually only take a few days from Denmark to NZ, that's why I preferred to use bricks and pieces to pick a brick, shipping from Poland is slow and unreliable,  I had several orders not arrive. Now they have combined them I have no choice in where to order from. Their tracking never works. 

I did not know, that they send packages directly from Poland... Either way, polish post sucks, I fully agree.

It looks teal indeed (or is it medium azure but light could give us wrong impression)

16 minutes ago, Toitoine said:

Frame 5x7 has the same color than trains and « LOOP » word.

Yes, that is true, but when there will be official images we can be more sure

Ooops, my mistake, yes it is just medium azure.

What about these 4 parts, they look like 1x1 beams in dark blue, or is it some plate with a technic pinhole on top?

moo.png

Plate with pin hole most likely. You can also see them holding the reel.  

How could they even be 1x1 liftarms? They wouldn't be attached to anything. 

Edited by LvdH

8 minutes ago, teetertater said:

There are 1x1 liftarms (spacers) in other colours 

Yes, but I think his point is that in this situation they would be spacing to nothing. So you might as well just fill the gaps with more system pieces if that was case.

11 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Ooops, my mistake, yes it is just medium azure.

What about these 4 parts, they look like 1x1 beams in dark blue, or is it some plate with a technic pinhole on top?

They are 1*2 plates with a pinhole, that hold the rubber-springed "ratchets" which have these 1L beams in DBG to stop the 12T black gears. 

10 hours ago, teetertater said:

Those dark blue pin holes are holding the ratchet mechanism. If they were 1x1 liftarms there would be no way for them to be attached to anything, and thus just floating around. 

I’ve already ordered and received 100 of them :laugh:

For some reason Bricklink sellers haven’t caught up to the fact that those bushes are now 5 cent parts.

On 6/5/2022 at 7:45 PM, Moz said:

Just ordered in Australia.

... and my order just arrived. I have purple 7x13 ish sized frames now!  Ordered ~6 June, arrived 28 June.

Mostly now I can start building my 7-wide technic train wagons. The purple is just an "as well as" but could be cool.