On 5/31/2022 at 3:12 PM, allanp said:

1) 2x2x3 micro motor (very slow, 40-60rpm)

2) 2x3x5 micro servo with central axle hole (pairs nicely with valves)

3) 4x5 L motor (minimal internal gearing if any, minimum 2000 rpm)

4) 5x5 XL high torque motor (roughly 800-1000rpm)

5) Ludicrous buggy motor! (Just POWAH, similar speed and torque of old buggy motor but in less weird, more usable form factor)

With 3...5 I'll be happy, but I think 1 and 2 could be just one motor. Should have angle control though, and be able to couple easily with a big linear actuator AND also a pneumatic valve.

39 minutes ago, langko said:

Well I would still say black is the most "complete" colour

It can be argued that black is in fact not a color, so my point still stands. :pir_tong2:

Yes I'm fun at parties...

Edited by astyanax

58 minutes ago, astyanax said:

The leftmost panel is coming in Red in set 42145

That is really good news :)

57 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Black is missing most of the fender pieces, otherwise it would indeed be the most complete colour. Blue, yellow and white are doing pretty good also, but there are gaps.

True but most of the other colours are missing most of the fender pieces as well. Yes, thanks to the Ferrari, there are now 3 mudguard variants in red - but they are all curved versions. Neither black or red has a straight fender piece so for me one isn't more useful than the other in that regard. Also when I was talking about complete, I wasn't just talking about panels but other technic pieces too.

55 minutes ago, astyanax said:

It can be argued that black is in fact not a color, so my point still stands. :pir_tong2:

Yes I'm fun at parties...

Okay you win haha

1 hour ago, langko said:

Yes, thanks to the Ferrari, there are now 3 mudguard variants in red

Four. Two different ones in the Daytona, one in the 488, and the very small one in 42098 :wink: 

So the previous Technic wave was 1 March 2022. We're now 3 months further. But the new parts from the mentioned wave are not in PaB yet. So I guess the 3-month thing was another cynical lie? :ugh:

12 minutes ago, astyanax said:

So the previous Technic wave was 1 March 2022. We're now 3 months further. But the new parts from the mentioned wave are not in PaB yet. So I guess the 3-month thing was another cynical lie? :ugh:

42140 App Controlled transformation vehicle was released on March 1 2022.  I anticipated seeing the following items available around now however they're not even showing in 'out of stock':

6377025  FRAME 3X19
69779  LEGO Dark Azure Gear Wheel Z20
69778 LEGO Blue Gear Wheel Z12

5 hours ago, langko said:

Neither black or red has a straight fender piece

Does such a fender piece exist at all? Do you mean completely flat like a 5x11 panel for example? Or what are you referring to?

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Does such a fender piece exist at all? Do you mean completely flat like a 5x11 panel for example? Or what are you referring to?

42056 fender or 42096 fender

31 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42056 fender or 42096 fender

Oh, you mean the top is flat, not the side.. I wish that completely flat fender panels existed (to which fender flares could be attached).

17 hours ago, LvdH said:

Four. Two different ones in the Daytona, one in the 488, and the very small one in 42098 :wink: 

Ah yes forgive me for not including the small one haha. Technically then the answers actually five and the 488 has two... I wasn't including the extender piece (71689) but bricklink has them named as a mudguard piece as well.

10 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Oh, you mean the top is flat, not the side.. I wish that completely flat fender panels existed (to which fender flares could be attached).

Not sure if you've seen, but there are some cool models in the background of the photos of the SP3. This muscle car has some new unreleased mudguard panel that looks quite interesting! Source: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/oh-yes-lego-has-built-ferrari-daytona-sp3-technic-model

Sp3.jpg

1 hour ago, langko said:

This muscle car has some new unreleased mudguard panel that looks quite interesting!

Indeed, that one seems interesting, nice continuity of panelling around top corners of the mudguards! That missing corner always bothered me about current mudguards, I mean I get that cutting that corner may be useful in the front section of sportscars, but at the same time it makes it impossible to continue smoothly everywhere else.

I just called lego.com customer service and inquired about the lack of availability on the PAB for the 3x19 frames (6377025). I was told that 3 months after set release is not a hard and fast rule.  She suggested checking back 'in a couple of weeks.'  Oddly, someone on brickowl has 73 of them available @ USD $6.95 each...so I guess someone was able to get their order in on time :-(

Edited by shroomzofdoom

5 hours ago, shroomzofdoom said:

I just called lego.com customer service and inquired about the lack of availability on the PAB for the 3x19 frames (6377025). I was told that 3 months after set release is not a hard and fast rule.  She suggested checking back 'in a couple of weeks.'  Oddly, someone on brickowl has 73 of them available @ USD $6.95 each...so I guess someone was able to get their order in on time :-(

My Bricks and Pieces order I placed on the 1st March included those and other new parts and I finally received it a couple of weeks ago, that order was placed before the system was changed. When I look back at the order on Lego.com the parts numbers are not shown on the order any longer, for any of the new parts, the 3 x 19 frames were about $4NZ each

Edited by Bricktrain

5 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

My Bricks and Pieces order I placed on the 1st March included those and other new parts and I finally received it a couple of weeks ago, that order was placed before the system was changed. When I look back at the order on Lego.com the parts numbers are not shown on the order any longer, for any of the new parts, the 3 x 19 frames were about $4NZ each

You lucky bastard. I did the same but 2nd March and all I got is order lost in system :angry:

5 hours ago, keymaker said:

You lucky bastard. I did the same but 2nd March and all I got is order lost in system :angry:

I have had 2 missing orders of pick a brick, shipped from Poland but never arrived in New Zealand, eventually Lego did refund me though.

Are the Lego tyres more prone to collecting dust/dirt as time flies? My Defender's (2.5 year's old) wheels, when run on the floor would not collect dust as much as they seem to be doing now. Same floor, same state of cleanliness, yet the tyres seem to gather dust/dirt on them much more quicker. I started to noticing it one and a half year's later.

46 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

Are the Lego tyres more prone to collecting dust/dirt as time flies?

The rubber starts leaching some chemicals after a while which makes them sticky, but usually it would take 15 or more years. I don’t think 2 years would make it start to decay.

Watched @Sariel review of Ferrari SP3. It was mentioned, that new rims are 75mm, and Harley wheels also are 75mm. So it would be possible to combine Harley wheels (combining 2 or 3) with those Ferrari tires? Steering center would be really bad, if only one Harley wheel won't be used, but that would also affect tire.

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Watched @Sariel review of Ferrari SP3. It was mentioned, that new rims are 75mm, and Harley wheels also are 75mm. So it would be possible to combine Harley wheels (combining 2 or 3) with those Ferrari tires? Steering center would be really bad, if only one Harley wheel won't be used, but that would also affect tire.

yeah I would say one harley wheel plus these in white to stop the tire sagging will make for a good steering angle.

On 6/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, Bricktrain said:

My Bricks and Pieces order ... the 3 x 19 frames were about $4NZ each

• Yep, I couldn't see them on the Oz site when I looked just now. Most annoying. But the bigger frames are there (including 7x11 in purple if you're keen):

Frame 7x11 black  ID: 6265643/39794   $AU2.39

Frame 11x15 black  ID: 6265646/39790   $AU3.28

Just ordered in Australia. As usual some prices are bizarrely more than double BrickLink, but those frames... yeah nah :)

But from BrickLink I ordered a bunch of "axle 2l w' pin friction ridges" in black because the 1l version is hard to find and expensive, but I can cut the 2l ones down. This was the start of the Technic colour vomit and I will not forgive them! I have about 20 of the black axle-pin parts and they cost me an annoying amount to get. But they do wonderfully confuse Technic geeks when they see a MOC that uses them in the right places :)

On 6/4/2022 at 10:05 AM, keymaker said:

Sitting in the same boat... March 2nd and my order says "New Order", hasn't even been processed yet

20 hours ago, Moz said:

I have about 20 of the black axle-pin parts and they cost me an annoying amount to get.

I once consider cutting longer pins too, but then I figured I could just get them by the bucketload from aliexpress....

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

I once consider cutting longer pins too, but then I figured I could just get them by the bucketload from aliexpress.... 

I have thought about that, but somehow my little purist heart is happier cutting genuine Lego to make something that TLG actually produced, just in tiny numbers. Same as I bought about 500 12-long axles and cut them into 5+7 lengths, and 3+9 lengths. Because axles should be black, obviously. Unless they're trans-white but I'm not (quite) mad enough to only use the old school axles. They annoy me too, but since I could buy the real ones in bulk I did that. Just... 9L axles in black for $US10 each... yeah nah. 12L and some careful cutting.