Just now, howitzer said:

Can it do what the larger hubs can, except for having just 2 ports?

I think so but i don't own it so i don't know for sure.

There's some info about it here:

I think it's not compatible with the powered up app but it has a rechargeable battery and quite a small volume (and maybe on-board storage?). Could have some niche uses I think.

1 hour ago, ord said:

There's some info about it here:

I think it's not compatible with the powered up app but it has a rechargeable battery and quite a small volume (and maybe on-board storage?). Could have some niche uses I think.

Thanks for the link!

Niche applications was what I was also thinking, like a small car. People have been asking a replacement for the PF rechargeable battery for years, so I wonder if this could be used.

Very expensive though.

10 hours ago, howitzer said:

Niche applications was what I was also thinking, like a small car.

Could be pretty useful even though it has only two ports, if it wasn't soooo expensive. I have already designed (virtually) a small car chassis where this would fit really nice.. But haven't yet convinced myself to actually buy it.

Just discovered another great video showing the potential of the Vespas tires :-)

If anyone wonders that problem with cross in new elements has been fixed the answer is no. Unless I got some elements from old storage. After reporting got a second set of elements with the same faults. I also bought a few technic beams 2x5 L-shape and it seems that this problem happily does not exist in them.
800x600.jpg

That is why I don't use them with axles...and no worries about that :wink:

1 hour ago, artemisovsky said:

If anyone wonders that problem with cross in new elements has been fixed the answer is no. Unless I got some elements from old storage. After reporting got a second set of elements with the same faults. I also bought a few technic beams 2x5 L-shape and it seems that this problem happily does not exist in them.

Yes, this problem has been discussed extensively in the earlier pages. Initially when first released, those axleholes tended to be really wonky in these elements, but later it appears that the problem has been fixed. Last year I bought the 42120 Hovercraft, and the misalignment of axleholes was strongly present while the 42121 Excavator which I bought only recently has these parts aligned as perfectly as they should. I guess you were unlucky to get a batch of old ones.

Awesome idea with the sian tyres and the vespa rims and 6x8 dishes - YUM :)

Edited by SNIPE

23 hours ago, 1gor said:

That is why I don't use them with axles...and no worries about that :wink:

The problem starts when you need to use 2 or 3 holes - like in my bucket wheel excavator for TC22. I had to pair these elements which was a bit of pain, but still possible.

21 hours ago, howitzer said:

Yes, this problem has been discussed extensively in the earlier pages. Initially when first released, those axleholes tended to be really wonky in these elements, but later it appears that the problem has been fixed. Last year I bought the 42120 Hovercraft, and the misalignment of axleholes was strongly present while the 42121 Excavator which I bought only recently has these parts aligned as perfectly as they should. I guess you were unlucky to get a batch of old ones.

In my 42120 (I bought it on March last year) axle holes orientation was correct. I saw this discussion before and one user said that the problem already looks resolved, which is why I was surprised with my order from this year. So you are right, I was just unlucky.

I have found that even though those parts don't line up perfectly, they can be easily forced into compliance, by simply utilizing a second connection point, likely stresses the parts no doubt. I have also noticed they are mismatched in pairs, hard to explain but the mismatched ones generally match each other. So if two together don't match then try one of the other ones. So although they need to get it right the pieces are still quite usable. To be honest I am more disturbed by all the new black pins being bent, than this, regardless I still hope they remedy the situation soon.

I spot half pins in dark bluish grey in the new train set. Not sure if they are the friction or frictionless version.

Edited by mpj

1 hour ago, mpj said:

I spot half pins in dark bluish grey in the new training set. Not sure if they are the friction or frictionless version.

Had noticed that too. But it might just be an illusion, that they're actually LBG. I'm not gonna draw conclusions till I see the inventory...

4 hours ago, astyanax said:

Had noticed that too. But it might just be an illusion, that they're actually LBG. I'm not gonna draw conclusions till I see the inventory...

They are inserted in LBG connectors (ar at least they look LBG connectors) and they are darker...

3 hours ago, Jurss said:

Which one is that?

Sorry I meant "train" set. 60336.

9 minutes ago, mpj said:

They are inserted in LBG connectors (ar at least they look LBG connectors) and they are darker...

Those connectors look more like white than LBG.

lego-city-60336-building-instructions-ap

The pins look very dark anyway, same color as the 6x6 plate below the load of the container handler.

I saw the same photos, they are over-contrasted, with the darkest black color, DBG (under the container and rails) is slightly lighter than black, and LBG looks like DBG "under normal light".

The half-pins here are equal in color to 2L axle connectors at the container handler "hand", and they are LBG, as seen at the box images...

Is that tall structure standing on trans-pink Technic liftarms or what? *huh*

71771-1.jpg

(new set 71771)

2 hours ago, astyanax said:

Is that tall structure standing on trans-pink Technic liftarms or what? *huh*

(new set 71771)

So it would seem. Pretty funky one, though I can't think of a good place to use one outside of something similar to this set.