3 hours ago, Jockos said:

What if I told you that the grey LAs can be replaced for black ones, too? ;)

Yes, and the shell panel 3x7 can replace the panels 3 4 in the back.

45 minutes ago, Glaysche said:

It looks like for the moment Bricks and Pieces has become a whole lot less useful:

https://www.newelementary.com/2022/03/bricks-pieces-joins-pick-brick-new.html

You are right. Lack of new elements? So why would I use their site any longer? Bricklink and other places will give me what I want, but unfortunately in very unpleasant prices.

1 hour ago, Glaysche said:

It looks like for the moment Bricks and Pieces has become a whole lot less useful:

https://www.newelementary.com/2022/03/bricks-pieces-joins-pick-brick-new.html

Yeah it's a mess. I hope new parts get added soon because I always need more. 

Anyway, I think I kind of managed to break the system because I placed an order through Bricks and Pieces even though it's no longer available in my country. Most of the new parts show up and are in stock, with some small exceptions here and there. It showed up in my cart as a PaB order. Placed it, got accepted and it's now in warehouse. Now just to wait two months for the shiny new parts to arrive :grin: 

800x307.png

(slightly outdated screenshot since it says "processing" rather than "in warehouse" but for some reason I can't get the images loading today)

I bet they hope to increase sales of complete sets by making that the only way to get new bricks... And its going to work to some extent. For Bricklink sellers this will become less profitable I think.

PaB putting a delay on offering new moulds / recolors is cynical beyond comprehension!

(trying hard not to use any expletives here...)

Not happy! It's safe to say that I won't be using B&P going forward if they keep it like this. I wonder if this is to stop resellers from buying parts to sell at a higher price? I will stick to BrickLink from now on, even though they are also very slow with adding new parts.

White half pins have returned in the 10300 DeLorean. Pretty sure they are frictionless but either way, nice to have.

Edited by LvdH

I bought some bags of old technic parts from a garage sale and came across these.  I'm still kinda new to Technic and I've assembled 20 or so sets from the last few years.  I never came across this one. The imprint on it says '50722' but my searches kinda lead me to believe this may not be an actual Lego part. Anyone know for sure?

MKRXqv.jpg

Edited by shroomzofdoom

11 minutes ago, shroomzofdoom said:

I bought some bags of old technic parts from a garage sale and came across these.  I'm still kinda new to Technic and I've assembled 20 or so sets from the last few years.  I never came across this one. The imprint on it says '50722' but my searches kinda lead me to believe this may not be an actual Lego part. Anyone know for sure?

Can't recognize the brand, but it's definitely not a genuine Lego. But I admit, such part would probably be pretty useful.

I swear lightsaber bars existed in blue. But bricklink doesn't list any sets with that color. 

Am I misremembering a different bar?

6 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I swear lightsaber bars existed in blue. But bricklink doesn't list any sets with that color. 

Am I misremembering a different bar?

The 3L bar exists in blue, but not the 4L (lightsaber) bar.

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

The 3L bar exists in blue, but not the 4L (lightsaber) bar.

This was before the 3L bar existed

Guys, I've ordered my lost childhood treasures- the 6663 (my first Lego when I was 9, this one has the packs sealed, new), the 8225, and the 8838- all from Ebay UK. Hoping to get them in my country in a month or two.

I have some questions regarding the 8838 which I think can be asked in the general parts discussions thread and I guess anyone who had those earlier (or even now) can help me or give insight on these questions:

From my childhood memories I had horrible experience with the 8838's half-bushes in particular, they broke easily. The 14 tooth bevel gears (#4143) were also broken.

- can the 14 tooth bevel gears be replaced by present day 12 tooth tan bevel gear (#6289) for the shock cycle?

- I have the present day #85543 15 mm white rubber band as spares, can I replace the cycle's #71509 13mm black rubber bands with them?

- the shock cycle has 34 half-bushes in total, can someone tell me which places are the most vulnerable ones where replacing the old half-bushes with newer ones actually is recommended?

The 8225 did not give such pains iirc. It was one little cool set to play with.

Another interesting thing is has anyone seen or remember this part? It comes with the shock cycle. I think it is (at least these days) one of very rare parts.

250x250p.jpg

I remember this part, I may even have it somewhere in my parents' house, but I think from another set.

51 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

can the 14 tooth bevel gears be replaced by present day 12 tooth tan bevel gear

I guess in most cases it can be, though there is one difference which may be important in some use cases. The 14 tooth gear's teeth are not symmetric wrt rotation with 90 degrees; either one tooth or one hole between two teeth will fall to the horizontal/vertical line depending on rotation. That can be useful, because with them you can create a mesh where both the incoming and outgoing axles are exactly aligned to 90 degrees, while you cannot do this with the 12 tooth gears because they are symmetric wrt 90 degree rotation, so the axle of one of the two gears in a mesh will never be exactly aligned to 90 degrees. I hope this is understandable, I cannot explain this better; in case it's not, just try it and you'll see! :)

8 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

This was before the 3L bar existed

The only other part I can think of is the 4L rigid hose (75c04 on Rebrickable). I can’t think of anything else but that part is pretty rare (one set).

59 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

can the 14 tooth bevel gears be replaced by present day 12 tooth tan bevel gear (#6289) for the shock cycle?

Yes, I believe so. The 12 tooth gears were made as a direct replacement.

59 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

have the present day #85543 15 mm white rubber band as spares, can I replace the cycle's #71509 13mm black rubber bands with them?

This should work, you could also use non-LEGO bands if they are too loose.

1 hour ago, thekoRngear said:

- the shock cycle has 34 half-bushes in total, can someone tell me which places are the most vulnerable ones where replacing the old half-bushes with newer ones actually is recommended

You could replace all of the toothed bushes that don’t require the teeth to be engaged with another part. I’ve never had a problem with toothed bushes breaking and it might be best not to replace them with newer ones. Alternate models may require more toothed functionality.

I took apart my 42130 BMW yesterday, and got a few pictures to share:

First is the large front shocks taken apart, for any curious about what that looks like:

800x1067.jpg

Next are two different ideas for using the disc brakes as rims.

This first one is the Defender's (actually the old 8880 version, but it doesn't matter) tire on the non-Defender rim as a simple wheel cover for a strange futuristic look:

800x600.jpg

The second is the Porsche/Bugatti/Lamborghini tire mounted on two discs, spaced two studs apart. They're not quite as big as they should be, but they hold the tire pretty nicely and look good. You'll give up the offset, though, so it's not a great idea.

800x600.jpg

Well, this is weird...I was messing around on the BAP site before the upheaval trying to get some of the new 3X19 frames, some bricks, and black 2L axles. I was also mowing through the UCS At-At inventory so I guess I added some additional things to my bag.  The site is so awful I had no idea what I was even ordering! 

During the ordering blackout my order number completely disappeared from recent orders so I thought they killed it because I tried ordering the 3X19 frames.  My card was never charged.  6-7 weeks later, this showed up (no 3x19 frames though).

Oh well, only another 53 days to go before I can order those frames I guess?

3 month delay for newly released parts

M4ZkOu.md.jpg

Thanks for linking that article! I'm glad to hear that new parts should hopefully be available without an excessively long wait.

I stumbled across the 45607 motors on lego education a while back.  They looked similar to the 45603 angular motors that came in 51515.  The pics on the site aren't clear as to whether there is one or two axle outputs so I ordered one to find out.  I was hoping to use this to fire a changeover catch on both sides of a transmission but I'll have to modify my design somewhat.  Just figured I'd share that it only has one output.  I'm not really a big fan of these rotating wheel output doohickeys.

VuU7If.md.jpg