7 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

New parts are on Bricks and Pieces already?! That was fast! I guess I need to make another order :laugh:

Ordered last night, now just two month wait for it to be shipped 

On 2/27/2022 at 9:47 AM, Jundis said:

As the 10298 Vespa has been announced, the new wheel and tire seem to be a really great addition.

Dimensions should be about 9 studs in diameter and a width of 2.5 studs, so about the size of the Arocs wheels. As the wheels hubs of the 42130 are used, we get the typical 3 or 6 pinholes connection in the wheel.

With this size, I think it would be perfect for some older classic cars in 1:10 or 1:12 scale:

I think that the scale would be closer to 1:8, think of Sian's size.

The tire is available in BnP (Design ID : 80542; Name "TYRE, NARROW, DIA. 75.1, NO. 1" ) at over 4€ each.  So assume 7.51 cm external diameter. This is a tad smaller to Sian/Bugatti/Porsche tires or to the standard motorcycle ones

Rims (ID: 84772 ;  Name "RIM, DIA. 62.3X20.3, NO. 1" ) are not yet in BnP, well they are "at 0€" so I guess they will show up in the future. Its diameter matches the Sian/Bugatti/Porsche rims , which is welcomed so most MOCs would benefit easily of the new wheels

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. My son just got the city stunt plane 60323, and it contains two of the frictionless 2L pin 3673 in yellow. The element ID is 6331822.

Apparently this is not new - it's in 10 system sets now from 2021 and 2022. I wonder if we'll see it in Technic as well at some point.

https://rebrickable.com/sets/60323-1/stunt-plane/?inventory=1#parts

3 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. My son just got the city stunt plane 60323, and it contains two of the frictionless 2L pin 3673 in yellow. The element ID is 6331822.

Apparently this is not new - it's in 10 system sets now from 2021 and 2022. I wonder if we'll see it in Technic as well at some point.

https://rebrickable.com/sets/60323-1/stunt-plane/?inventory=1#parts

Maybe in the smallest sets for younger builders, but hopefully not in any larger sets. 

I don't care anymore. If I wan't color consitency in MOC, I use parts I have.

In fact, for some yellow build, why not to use this.

I noticed in a YouTube Smyths ad for the Sian that the colours looked fairly consistent. Have they fixed the issue or is there some trickery going on?

Edit: Silly me, the ad was posted a year ago so it was trickery!

Edited by allanp

The frictionless 3L axle-pin, recently introduced in white, will also appear in LBG now:

85x85p.jpg

(in the new Vespa set)

Just now, astyanax said:

The frictionless 3L axle-pin, recently introduced in white, will also appear in LBG now:

85x85p.jpg

(in the new Vespa set)

Thx

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

85x85p.jpg

(in the new Vespa set)

Sweet! I was kinda cynical about this part when it came out, and I still don't think it's really necessary, but I've been using mine regularly, since it's often easier to pop in one of these than to put a 3L axle with stop in from the other side. Having a more neutral color will only make it better!

3 hours ago, astyanax said:

85x85p.jpg

(in the new Vespa set)

Even it's white it comes in new 42136 john deere.(include 4)

Edited by msk6003

Today got mine 42139 and was surprised... 6,5 l soft shock absorbers have unusual spring, with drastically increased amounts of coils. Softness is the same to old ones.

Left one - old from 42094, right - new from 42139....

IMG_20220308_192149.jpg

Edited by Arioh

Very interesting!

Also, in this topic that was just posted, there's an image that seems to show a redesign of the hard shock as well:

51927242846_ff356afc42_b.jpg

Just a guess, but I assume they have outsourced the springs and there might be a supply problem with the old type of spring, so they've switched to another kind, which has the same strength but looks different.

7 hours ago, astyanax said:

How soft are they? Like flex axles, or like rubber pneumatic tubes, or...?

Like pneumatic tubes since made of rubber and cylindrical+hollow.

On 3/8/2022 at 3:25 PM, Arioh said:

Today got mine 42139 and was surprised... 6,5 l soft shock absorbers have unusual spring, with drastically increased amounts of coils. Softness is the same to old ones.

Left one - old from 42094, right - new from 42139....

Check the parts list in the instruction for the number. There are now 3 versions of yellow spring and 2 of the lbg ones. Digital image might vary from physical part, but I reckon you got the newest batch of parts.
This is just another example of part update / production optimization. It's much cheaper to produce a spring coil with equal (equidistant) windings. Even if the spring force was kept the same, the sideways bending will be adversely affected by the increased nr. of windings and thinner wire, leading to shock absorbers jamming.
bbWyd6x.png

Edited by R0Sch

9 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Check the parts list in the instruction for the number. There are now 3 versions of yellow spring and 2 of the lbg ones. Digital image might vary from physical part, but I reckon you got the newest batch of parts.
This is just another example of part update / production optimization. It's much cheaper to produce a spring coil with equal (equidistant) windings. Even if the spring force was kept the same, the sideways bending will be adversely affected by the increased nr. of windings and thinner wire, leading to shock absorbers jamming.

So is the idea here that the old ones are better and less likely to jam, or the other way around?

I have feelings after build and tests that new one runs slightly smoother then old ones, and that they slightly soft on beginning of compression, while keeping overall same force...
pics from mine instructions)

IMG_20220309_223934.jpg

IMG_20220309_224103.jpg

12 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

So is the idea here that the old ones are better and less likely to jam, or the other way around?

Old ones should be better in terms of sideways stability. Also the ends not being (double) closed in the new version means the spring will not sit perpendicular to the axis and look "S" like.

compression-spring-end-types-nomenclatur

9 minutes ago, Arioh said:

I have feelings after build and tests that new one runs slightly smoother then old ones, and that they slightly soft on beginning of compression, while keeping overall same force...
pics from mine instructions) 

That's probably because of the constant pitch the new ones have. The old spring had closed ends so they work more progressive towards the ends.
The instructions still show the old part nr. but, I'm pretty sure you already got the newer 6378472 in your set. LEGO usually updates the instructions after first batches have been produced. I remember getting the new type of black pins (without side slots) in the 2021 January sets even though the instructions still showed the old, regular pins.

The other day I realized that the new 5x7 frame yellow can replace the LBG ones that hold the bottom LAs in 42030 and improve its look.

41 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The other day I realized that the new 5x7 frame yellow can replace the LBG ones that hold the bottom LAs in 42030 and improve its look.

What if I told you that the grey LAs can be replaced for black ones, too? ;)