WOW £ 151.65  for the spike prime hub and this is without the battery, and mini usb cable I assume.

I was very happy to see a couple of lengths of pneumatic hose was available. However the prices....their not just high, they have to be an error right? 

I can understand why they would want to slightly inflate the prices for individual pieces, especially pieces like the new ones unique to the BMW for example, as it might hurt the sales of the actual set if you can just buy the few parts you need cheaply. But it is great for TLG to sell these pieces as there are people (like me) that will likely never buy the BMW set, but I will be buying the parts at some point, so Lego will still make some money out of me. So there's a balance to be made there. However the prices of some parts (like pneumatic hoses and the 500+ HUB) is way more that just a little inflated, they're so expensive, they have to be an error I think!

BTW, for parts like pneumatic hoses and string, I would really like to see those sold in much longer lengths, like 5 or 10 meters so we can cut them to whatever sizes we need.

Why would you even buy pneumatic hose or string from LEGO? Lego is just buying them from other companies as well, so you might as well buy it directly instead of paying TLG the high resell price. Plus, if not from LEGO finding longer lengths will be easy.

Edited by Gray Gear

4 hours ago, SNIPE said:

WOW £ 151.65  for the spike prime hub and this is without the battery, and mini usb cable I assume.

For some reason Spke Prime hub nor RI hub is even listed in my version of B&P, not even when I search for the relevant sets. All other parts for those sets are listed, though some are unavailable.

11 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Why would you even buy pneumatic hose os string from LEGO? Lego is just buying them from other companies as well, so you might as well buy it directly instead of paying TLG the high resell price. Plus, if now from LEGO finding longer lengths will be easy.

Yep, I bought a while ago a spool of 25m of silicone hose which is just as good as an official pneumatic hose and cost me some 20€. Found it in local hardware store, though I'm sure you could find it easily online too.

1 hour ago, allanp said:

BTW, for parts like pneumatic hoses and string, I would really like to see those sold in much longer lengths, like 5 or 10 meters so we can cut them to whatever sizes we need.

I once ordered a bunch of hoses from here: http://blokbricks.nl/contents/en-us/d2.html

Works out great... :pir-sweet:

800x600.jpg

Their red pneumatic hose I used to finish my red-black Bugatti Chiron.

TLG @ Technic panels this year: You get an extender, you get an extender, everyone gets an extender!!! *insert Oprah's car meme"

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I recently bought 42121 when it became available again, and as it includes few of the new panel extenders (71708), I wanted to see if the problem of axleholes not lining up is still there. To my delight, it appears that the issue has been solved. Here's a photo I took: https://i.imgur.com/qhjY0yq.jpg

Edited by howitzer

20 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I recently bought 42121 when it became available again, and as it includes few of the new panel extenders (71708), I wanted to see if the problem of axleholes not lining up is still there. To my delight, it appears that the issue has been solved. Here's a photo I took: https://i.imgur.com/qhjY0yq.jpg

Looks like there's still a bit of misalignment, but it's not as bad as some cases I've seen. The yellow versions in my set are particularly wobbly.

3 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looks like there's still a bit of misalignment, but it's not as bad as some cases I've seen. The yellow versions in my set are particularly wobbly.

If there is, it's completely unnoticeable in practical use. My photo of course exaggerates even slightest variations.

9 hours ago, allanp said:

I was very happy to see a couple of lengths of pneumatic hose was available. However the prices....their not just high, they have to be an error right? 

I was wondering where to get the 3.2mm tubing (which I think is polypropylene); I've had a number of 25cm pieces of it as extra LEGO parts to cut to length but it must be available as a 100m or 1km reel.  In fact I might have seen one at Billund years ago.

For pneumatic models I would use short lengths of Silicone hose to connect straight sections of the 3.2mm tubing, as set 8868 did.  This would also minimise the balloon effect.

Mark

For what it’s worth, TLG just sent me an email apologizing for the delay with my B&P order and said it is taking 5-6 weeks from order to shipment.  So only 1-2 weeks to go for me, hopefully.

8 minutes ago, Hrafn said:

For what it’s worth, TLG just sent me an email apologizing for the delay with my B&P order and said it is taking 5-6 weeks from order to shipment.  So only 1-2 weeks to go for me, hopefully.

Haha just got the exact same message!

23 hours ago, Hrafn said:

Same here :) Though I am not sure where you get the only 1-2 weeks to go part from :) I mean I guess you calculated it, but it kind of reminds me of situations when someone calls to tell (s)he's going to be 10 minutes late, which means in reality it's gonna be 30 mins at least :D But let's see..

On 2/11/2022 at 8:11 PM, Hrafn said:

5-6 weeks from order to shipment

Well, they're not lying. My order from January 3rd shipped today, exactly six weeks :laugh: 

On 2/8/2022 at 5:15 AM, Philo said:

I made the part, and it's available on LDraw parts tracker (https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/67498-f1.dat) but I've not yet created a parts pack. I was waiting for the blue spring shock absorber, not yet modeled.

Thank you, @Philo!  I had never used PartDesigner before so it took me a little while to figure out how to add the connectivity and turn it into a Studio part.  Here's my render for this use of the new shocks:

6 Axis Robotic Arm v12

Now if my B&P order would ever ship, I can try it in real life...

800x226.png

Wait, I was expecting it to be possible to run an axle through the center over the entire length. I'm surprised by the orientation of the central pinholes...

12 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Wait, I was expecting it to be possible to run an axle through the center over the entire length. I'm surprised by the orientation of the central pinholes...

Probably limitations of the tooling, it would take a very long rod to make holes in that orientation through the whole part.

3 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Probably limitations of the tooling, it would take a very long rod to make holes in that orientation through the whole part.

You mean a limitation of the molding process? That I hadn't considered, have very little knowledge of the constraints involved.

It's just that I saw people speculating about how this part could be useful for reinforcing the central tunnel of car MOCs for example, and from that I reasoned that one would probably also like to be able to run an axle through the center for drive or steering or whatever typically goes through the central tunnel. This reality seems to take some shine off the new part... although maybe I'm not thinking creatively enough. :pir-blush:

10 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Exactly. This way the tool is much more reliable to operate.

12 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Oh right. Certainly easier to mold this way. But then why make a part this big in the first place?

28 minutes ago, astyanax said:

I would have expected that too. But you couldn't put any gears on an axle in this direction, so usage would be pretty limited. But that applies to the whole part somehow.

Not having a hole on the opposite site makes accidentally building assemblies that can't be taken apart much easier, right?

3 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

Oh right. Certainly easier to mold this way. But then why make a part this big in the first place?

I would have expected that too. But you couldn't put any gears on an axle in this direction, so usage would be pretty limited. But that applies to the whole part somehow.

Not having a hole on the opposite site makes accidentally building assemblies that can't be taken apart much easier, right?

Why make it so big? How else are you going to support a 2m tall crane while keeping it robust enough for an average consumer :wink:

And you can also use the 3x11 panels for such supports where you need a hole through, personally I already used it once with a combination with a 16L axle, but can't recall what MOC was it right now...

58 minutes ago, astyanax said:

800x226.png

You could put 2 of these side-by-side and have the axle run between them. Not a big deal as I see it.

Beyond this, I expect to see a lot of these parts in chassis construction of larger vehicles, as it provides great longitudal support while providing tons of connection points in every direction.

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

this part could be useful for reinforcing the central tunnel of car MOCs for example

It is pretty long, so use would be really limited for central tunnels.

Not really, I already have a few other ideas where I want to try to use this brick in my next 1:8 Supercar. I will have to get some at the first good chance I get...