7 hours ago, astyanax said:

I don't recall seeing this new technic part here before...

42 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Where did you find those use cases? Do you have some pictures?

Notice that astyanax posted a link to the part in rebrickable. Check the pictures here for instance. 

I think this part it self does not make a lot of sence in technic terms, if we need something like that we can easely build it. But what they needed for the lock mechanism looks like a standlaone part. And it is cool how they turned it into a new technic part.

52 minutes ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

It can be seen here:

And there: 

It does rather seem like this mold was needed to make this locking function work properly, since there cannot be an axle permanently inside it holding the parts together, because the key has to be able to fit. I'm still not sure where it would be useful in Technic, but at least it's designed for that possibility, rather than making it a blatantly single-use part.

33 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

It does rather seem like this mold was needed to make this locking function work properly, since there cannot be an axle permanently inside it holding the parts together, because the key has to be able to fit. I'm still not sure where it would be useful in Technic, but at least it's designed for that possibility, rather than making it a blatantly single-use part.

The same use-case gave us part 72008 this year, causing similar head-scratching in this forum (including me), but I'm finding it very useful in my builds already.

250x250p.jpg?1626709363.1194484

For example, you can see a red one at 2:00 in the video below. It was really the perfect part to give the necessary strength to the side skirts while there was extremely limited space due to the door mechanisms and wheels turning in that area.

Yes, this 2x2 fork is an easy way to get a 0.5L offset especially when axles are in integer sizes and the pole reverser handle has no pin hole.

This fork could use more friction in the axle holes though

Edited by SNIPE

19 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

It can be seen here:

18 hours ago, vascolp said:

Notice that astyanax posted a link to the part in rebrickable. Check the pictures here for instance. 

Thanks, I saw that link to the part, just not the pics for how it's used.

18 hours ago, vascolp said:

I think this part it self does not make a lot of sence in technic terms, if we need something like that we can easely build it. But what they needed for the lock mechanism looks like a standlaone part.

Indeed, I agree.

18 hours ago, astyanax said:

The same use-case gave us part 72008 this year, causing similar head-scratching in this forum (including me), but I'm finding it very useful in my builds already.

Yeah, I have been wondering about this part as well. I don't have it, but I suppose it's kind of the same as two thin liftarms with a spacer in between if you put an axle through the whole thing. I wonder if that would have worked in your use case. The only true differentiating use I can imagine is if you have to break the through axle in half right in the middle of this part.

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

I suppose it's kind of the same as two thin liftarms with a spacer in between if you put an axle through the whole thing. I wonder if that would have worked in your use case.

Notice that one can only insert an axle by 1L (but a bar can go all the way through). Another not-so-small differentiating factor is its strength, which was really the overriding concern in the Centenario use-case quoted above.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think I saw 5x11 tapered panel in LBG

Where, where!!

(LBG panels make me excited)

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In the swing arm of the rear wheel

Ah, in the BMW I assume? I guess that's the only new set revealed today...

23 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Ah, in the BMW I assume? I guess that's the only new set revealed today...

Yeah. And one more surprise for you: LBG #1 and #2 panels.

51733193642_53f095fd3a_c.jpg

Wow, they are so natively demanded, so I hadn't realized they never existed yet, until this moment. Great! 

That new windscreen will look phenomenal as the cockpit canopy of a creator expert style jet

Edited by SNIPE

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

Yeah. And one more surprise for you: LBG #1 and #2 panels.

Yeah! This has been a great few months for LBG panels, with the 3x7x2 curved ones in the Raptor (and here), the 11x5 tapering one here, and those #1/2 ones here. Now the "only" key panels missing are all the large wheel covers, the new 71682, 18944, #3/4, the 7x3 panel, and the 11x3 panel. It'd also be nice to have the #5/6 and #17/18 appear in a set other than 2010's Hero Factory Drop Ship.

I think I make life unnecessarily hard by building in this color...

20 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

White half bushings have appeared in sets before, but not for quite a while. The last set to use them was the Scuderia truck from 2005.

I know, that's why it's a nice comeback after 16 years. Besides, in Technic it was only used in 8435, so it's pretty rare and now it can be bought for 7 cents at B&P. 8415 even had it in blue exclusively. Seems the color coding argument is pretty useless if Disney gets an otherwise yellow or light bley part in a new color. So I wonder if we'll see the white half bush in the next wave of Technic sets. Maybe in the Formula 1 car or 1:8 scale supercar.

Edited by R0Sch

23 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

White half bushings have appeared in sets before, but not for quite a while. The last set to use them was the Scuderia truck from 2005.

Maybe it has been mentioned before, but we do see a LOT of white parts (re)appearing. This seems to indicate that we will be getting a big white set (flagship) in 2H 2022.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

This seems to indicate that we will be getting a big white set (flagship) in 2H 2022.

White makes me think Liebherr.

24 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

White makes me think Liebherr.

A white Liebherr crane seems possible now that 42082 is retiring/retired. Maybe in the style of 42009 or 8421, possibly bringing back the 62.4mm tires. Or a white supercar, but I think that is less likely. 

Speaking of supercars, are we in for a new one in 2022? I thought they are released every two years.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

50 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Speaking of supercars, are we in for a new one in 2022? I thought they are released every two years.

Slightly off topic but we'll likely get some news at the end of January. LEGO will be attending the London Toy Fair.

4 hours ago, Jim said:

This seems to indicate that we will be getting a big white set (flagship) in 2H 2022.

Im not sure whyte #pun :laugh: