@Maaboo35 Looking great!

I'm very happy to have been able to get one second hand at reasonable price like 2 years ago. I didn't have the time to assemble it so I gave the parts to a friend who was just waking up to become an AFOL. A little while later, I got back the model, neatly assembled and functioning perfectly, but my friend was looking sad... Turns out, his wife had confiscated the parts and instruction book and built it all by herself.....

Thanks for the responses, guys! :thumbup:

I have, unfortunately, just discovered a hiccup - the newer wheel hubs don't have the clearance to fit entirely on the front axles. They stay on if the backhoe is stationary, but they roll off when it's moved. :sceptic:

Yes, original hubs have positive offset and new 30 x 20 have negative offset so to use it is a bit unusual, but when you put Jeep tires on old wheels (so far I didn't try it because my 8455 is archived safely :wink:)?

1 minute ago, 1gor said:

Yes, original hubs have positive offset and new 30 x 20 have negative offset so to use it is a bit unusual, but when you put Jeep tires on old wheels (so far I didn't try it because my 8455 is archived safely :wink:)?

I very much doubt they'd fit. The diameter of the old hub is too wide at the back.

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

I very much doubt they'd fit. The diameter of the old hub is too wide at the back.

That is my concern also...and if you don't cover rimm than it looks dumb

Can someone do a side-by-side photo of part 67811 and 2741? I've seen people say the new steering wheel is smaller than the old big steering wheel, but from photo's they both look like 5x5 studs.

9 hours ago, keymaker said:

Thank you very much; this thing was bothering me for a while; I have overlaying both steering wheels in Photoshop to gain approximate dimensions, but the way you show it is much better. Now I have to think about how to make 86-87mm tractor tire to maximize parts use that I have in my inventory.

@Thirdwigg I have that picture on my Google drive backup

That was the reason I've decided to make 1:18 Unimog

2 minutes ago, 1gor said:

@Thirdwigg I have that picture on my Google drive backup

That was the reason I've decided to make 1:18 Unimog

Any reason to encourage another Unimog....

11 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Any reason to encourage another Unimog....

Currently anything I can do in my free time is to take care of 3.5 months old kitten... I'm affraid he can swallow smaller parts since he is extremely curious; today he was studying hot tea smoke and found out that tea breath is not interesting at all :laugh:

The new UCS AT-AT has a new smaller Technic gear rack 7x7 curved, Defender rims, motorcycle rims and 1x11 flip-flop liftarms in light bluish grey plus large turntable top in dark bluish. I guess we'll see them in 2022 in Technic sets as well.

Parts in new colors from the UCS AT-AT

LEGO-Star-Wars-75313-UCS-AT-AT-TBB-Revie

The smaller quadrant has a radius of 6 studs and 15 teeth.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Parts in new colors from the UCS AT-AT

YAY YAY YAY YAY AYAY

Are all those parts LBG (except for the turntable top)? I assume so, but they look a little more blue than usual. [EDIT: Never mind; they're obviously LBG in the set's images]

The gear rack does look very cool!

It is another step towards an ideal setup for planetary gearing in MOCs, though it isn't quite there yet. These are the planetary gearings I foresee working:

(Planet:Sun:Planet)

24:12:24

20:20:20

16:28:28

12:36:12

A 14:32:14 ratio could also work, I think, but the 14T gear is in the past and the 32T gear is in the future (hopefully!)

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

Forgive me if this question was asked (and answered); does defender wheel work with portal axle hubs from Unimog?

5 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Forgive me if this question was asked (and answered); does defender wheel work with portal axle hubs from Unimog?

You can attach it, but the wheel will rub with the axle hub

Edited by Jonfensu

8 minutes ago, Jonfensu said:

Hm...that is not what I was hoping for; but from the bright side, I won't spent on that part...

Thank you

31 minutes ago, Jonfensu said:

As long as the model is going to be slow, I probably wouldn't worry about it. At least, I've used it before without much trouble.